Chad Lavin accepts promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Lavin accepts promotion

We all thought he was retiring but it appears that Chad Lavin was actually posturing for a promotion. Congratulation to him!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80909174

Former University of South Dakota women’s basketball coach Chad Lavin is rejoining the coaching ranks, although in a different setting.

The Vermillion School Board said this week that Lavin will coach eighth-grade boys basketball this coming season at Vermillion Middle School.

Click the link for the whole story.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: Chad Lavin accepts promotion

Good for Chad. I think he will enjoy this position and I really wondered if he would be able to stay out of coaching. I know that one reason he didn't stay on was the travel and everything else that goes with D1. My guess is that he will truly enjoy the teaching of the game again.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This isn't really smack.....but I would guess he would be a heck of choice to teach kids the game.

Congrats Chad on the promotion....I wonder if he knew of this when he resigned......my guess is it was probably in the works.

Comment

The opportunity came about this summer. He has been giving private lessons all summer at several area communities. He really enjoys the teaching part of coaching.

Comment

how is chad going to pay the bills? i'm sure it's in the
          article, but I didn't read it. it seems he will be taking quite a pay cut.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
            how is chad going to pay the bills? i'm sure it's in the
            article, but I didn't read it. it seems he will be taking quite a pay cut.
            My guess is that Chad doesn't need a lot of money to make ends meet. Take his wardrobe for example.

He hasn't wasted any money on clothing. He's been wearing that same pair of pants and sweater for years. Polyester truly is an amazingly durable fabric. Also, he's been able to make his glasses last for more than 25 years. In another five years or so all of them will be back in fashion so there is no need for a drastic change.

The inside of his double-wide has also remained largely unchanged over the years and his Chevy Vega is still in great running condition.

No my friends, there is no need to worry about the Lavinator!

All that said, I think what he is doing is pretty cool.

Wow, there is five minutes that I will never get back!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              My guess is that Chad doesn't need a lot of money to make ends meet. Take his wardrobe for example.

He hasn't wasted any money on clothing. He's been wearing that same pair of pants and sweater for years. Polyester truly is an amazingly durable fabric. Also, he's been able to make his glasses last for more than 25 years. In another five years or so all of them will be back in fashion so there is no need for a drastic change.

The inside of his double-wide has also remained largely unchanged over the years and his Chevy Vega is still in great running condition.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              USD games must be terribly boring...check out the guy behind Lavin dozing off.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                USD games must be terribly boring...check out the guy behind Lavin dozing off.
                Thats Joel Nielsen. I think he is a narcoleptic so cut him some slack.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Thats Joel Nielsen. I think he is a narcoleptic so cut him some slack.
                  That explains the crappy schedules.....hard to do quality work when your sleeping all the time!

Comment

Some seem to make light of Chad Lavin but he did a great job for USD in taking what used to be an embarrassment of a program and turning it into a competitive team and on a couple of occassions a national power.

I will always have respect for Chad and what he did for Coyote Womens basketball and also for keeping things in perspective in life and not forgetting about family as well.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      Some seem to make light of Chad Lavin but he did a great job for USD in taking what used to be an embarrassment of a program and turning it into a competitive team and on a couple of occassions a national power.

I will always have respect for Chad and what he did for Coyote Womens basketball and also for keeping things in perspective in life and not forgetting about family as well.
                      The target of my smack is not Mr. Lavin. It is the program which he left.
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Maybe its Coyote Fan that is naroleptic and sitting behind Chad. There is a good sleep apnea doctor in Yankton. In case you did not know CF.

Comment

Actually I think that guy in the stands is a former Jackrabbit Mens Basketball fan. He is primarily a mens fan and is bored because he is waiting to see a real team play in the nightcap which was something Frost hadn't been giving him.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                          X