Home field advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home field advantage

I put this in the smack section because I know it will belong here.
    I was wondering what everyone thinks is more of an advantage. Would it be playing in the Fargodome or at Coughlin Alumni Stadium? I know the Fargodome gets loud but some teams can overcome that. There are teams that can't play in the cold on grass. I noticed in 2 years that the SDSU/NDSU football game was moved up over a month. Does that have something to do with NDSU not wanting to play in the cold?
    USC plays Notre Dame at home the last game of the year. When they play at Notre Dame, it earlier in the season. I know that USC doesn't want to(can't) play ball as well in the cold.
    I know there is a difference on what dome your in, too. I've never been to UNI but I can see that being like the Fargodome. The Dakotadome would sell out if SDSU played there but most games probably aren't like NDSU or UNI.
    Minnesota doesn't win very often at Green Bay. Last night it wasn't as cold but it still wasn't a dome.

Re: Home field advantage

Yes, there is an advantage to playing a dome team late in the year at CAS. Actually, SDSU plays very well at home. I think if you researched Stig's home record, you would probably find he (and SDSU) wins about 80% of those games (just guessing, if I have time I'll do research later).

I would say it's more of an advantage to play in CAS late in the year (November) than playing in a dome.

Comment

When you practice everyday in the cold...you have a big advantage vs. the teams who come on Friday and get their first taste of the weather...When I was at state we played Portland State (twice) Neil Lomax threw the ball like it was dry while it poured.....When your get used to the climate/facility you play in....it can be a huge advantage....We have cold and wind
      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
        Yes, there is an advantage to playing a dome team late in the year at CAS. Actually, SDSU plays very well at home. I think if you researched Stig's home record, you would probably find he (and SDSU) wins about 80% of those games (just guessing, if I have time I'll do research later).

I would say it's more of an advantage to play in CAS late in the year (November) than playing in a dome.
        Not sure of the entire record, but we're 18-4 at home in FCS, I think.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I put this in the smack section because I know it will belong here.
          I was wondering what everyone thinks is more of an advantage. Would it be playing in the Fargodome or at Coughlin Alumni Stadium? I know the Fargodome gets loud but some teams can overcome that. There are teams that can't play in the cold on grass. [b]I noticed in 2 years that the SDSU/NDSU football game was moved up over a month. Does that have something to do with NDSU not wanting to play in the cold? [b/]
          USC plays Notre Dame at home the last game of the year. When they play at Notre Dame, it earlier in the season. I know that USC doesn't want to(can't) play ball as well in the cold.
          I know there is a difference on what dome your in, too. I've never been to UNI but I can see that being like the Fargodome. The Dakotadome would sell out if SDSU played there but most games probably aren't like NDSU or UNI.
          Minnesota doesn't win very often at Green Bay. Last night it wasn't as cold but it still wasn't a dome.
          The reason that the Dakota Marker was moved up in 2010 is due to the play-off expansion to 20 teams starts in 2010. We were scheduled to close out against Bison, same as normal since moved to FCS. However that's now the 1st weekend of the play-offs. Then it became a matter of finding a date neither team already had scheduled. Hence, kick-off the season with our arch-rival. Not the way desired, but the fastest easiest route to solve the imposed scheduling problem due to have more chances to participate in the play-offs.

Comment

This kind of relates to this subject.

How many FCS teams call indoor stadiums home? I can only think of four.

UNI
            NDSU
            UND
            USD
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              This kind of relates to this subject.

How many FCS teams call indoor stadiums home? I can only think of four.

UNI
              NDSU
              UND
              USD
              Know that No AZ U (NAU) plays in a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Know that No AZ U (NAU) plays in a dome.
                Idaho State also plays in a dome.

Comment

Rabid is correct about the scheduling of the future Marker games. That was a conference decision, not a NDSU/SDSU one(as will be all future Marker game decisions).

As for practicing in the cold, the vast majority of Bison practices are outdoors, even in Oct/Nov/Dec. In fact, we just put new artificial turf on Dacotah Field last month because the grass practice fields south of the BSA get too messed up by early snowfall and the old turf at Dacotah was unsafe to practice on. Generally, the Bison don't get onto the turf in the Fargodome until a day or two before the game(depends on what's going on in the FD during the week).

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Idaho State also plays in a dome.
                    and it looks like the barn...that is if it's still the Kibbie dome (sp)
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                    X