Our neighbors to the South Men's Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our neighbors to the South Men's Schedule

Take a look at this schedule for the first year!

2008-09 Coyote Men’s Basketball Schedule
    Date Opponent Location Time
    Nov. 14 Cornell* Ithaca, N.Y. 6:00 p.m.
    Nov. 16 Cincinnati* Cincinnati, Ohio 6:00 p.m.
    Nov. 21-22 Minnesota State Tip-Off Classic Mankato, Minn.
    Nov. 21 Post University Mankato, Minn. 3:00 p.m.
    Nov. 22 Chowan Mankato, Minn. 3:00 p.m.
    Nov. 25 Graceland VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Nov. 28-29 West Texas A&M Tournament Canyon, Texas TBA
    Dec. 2 Notre Dame* South Bend, Ind. 6:30 p.m.
    Dec. 6 Chadron State VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
    Dec. 13 Mayville State VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
    Dec. 16 Dana VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Dec. 19 Minnesota Duluth VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Dec. 21 Midland Lutheran VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
    Dec. 22 Southwest Minnesota State VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Dec. 28 University of New Orleans* New Orleans, La. 3:00 p.m.
    Dec. 30 St. Olaf VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
    Jan. 3 Valley City State VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
    Jan. 10 William Penn VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Jan. 13 Mount Marty VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Jan. 15 Palm Beach Atlantic West Palm Beach, Fla. TBA
    Jan. 24 North Dakota* Grand Forks, N.D. 4:00 p.m.
    Jan. 31 North Dakota* VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
    Feb. 2 Lake Erie VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
    Feb. 7 SIU-Edwardsville* Edwardsville, Ill. 8:00 p.m.
    Feb. 14 Seattle University* Seattle, Wash. 8:00 p.m.
    Feb. 21 SIU-Edwardsville* VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
    Feb 28 Seattle University* VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
    Mar. 7-8 Independent Tournament* Grand Forks, N.D. TBA
    Home games in BOLD
    Schedule subject to change
    All times Central Standard Time
    * = NCAA Division I opponent

Re: Our neighbors to the South Men's Schedule

Give the Little Red credit for getting the Notre Dame game, but that's about it. Graceland? St. Olaf? Midland Lutheran? Boring. Wake me in three years.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Surprised Morningside is not on the schedule. That would really be a new low for a transition team.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
        Surprised Morningside is not on the schedule. That would really be a new low for a transition team.

morningside would be better than dana and you might get some people from sewer city to come to the game.

Comment

How about Upper Iowa (at least their DII kind of)? I'm waiting to see the announced attendance for this 9 game stretch in Vermintown interupted by a trip to New Orleans:

Dec. 6 Chadron State VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
          Dec. 13 Mayville State VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
          Dec. 16 Dana VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
          Dec. 19 Minnesota Duluth VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
          Dec. 21 Midland Lutheran VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
          Dec. 22 Southwest Minnesota State VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
          Dec. 28 University of New Orleans* New Orleans, La. 3:00 p.m.
          Dec. 30 St. Olaf VERMILLION 8:00 p.m.
          Jan. 3 Valley City State VERMILLION 3:00 p.m.
          Jan. 10 William Penn VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.
          Jan. 13 Mount Marty VERMILLION 7:00 p.m.

I know our city league team could compete with Mt. Marty. Maybe St. Olaf is a powerhouse. Dana, I think they usually dominate Mt. Marty. Midland Lutheran practically has a rivalry with Udot now, don't they? I have no idea and neither do most Udot fans.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Guess the Morningside game has been forgotten in Brookings. USD also has Cinncy and SIU.

Comment

Guess the Morningside game has been forgotten in Brookings. USD also has Cinncy and SIU.
              Or you fail to appreciate that 8 equivalent or lesser games at home is no comparison to one game against said Morningside. Its pretty clear that most here understand the difficulties associated with scheduling home games during transition and for that matter anytime when you are an aspiring mid-major team.

To even attempt to compare the approach Udot has taken to the approach SDSU took is asinine. Its, of course, typical of a lot of Udot supporters. Instead of asking each other or the program for an honest answer you hedge or redirect. In the end you are what you are. I'm waiting for the next article regarding how great a loss Udot had this weekend.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

The schedule isn't the best for USD but at least the program isn't in total shambles. Something that can't be said about the neighbors to the north. I would rather have a good program and a bad schedule than a mediocre schedule and a bad program.

How fans of SDSU mens basketball can be throwing flames at others is beyond me. Get your own business taken care of first before worrying about others.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  The schedule isn't the best for USD but at least the program isn't in total shambles. Something that can't be said about the neighbors to the north. I would rather have a good program and a bad schedule than a mediocre schedule and a bad program.

How fans of SDSU mens basketball can be throwing flames at others is beyond me. Get your own business taken care of first before worrying about others.
                  We don't know what state USD's men's basketball program is in. You haven't played a D1 game yet.

Recall that SDSU won the real NCC right before we moved up. I realize it's your philosophy, stated constantly, that the top of D2 = D1. That's even LESS true in men's basketball. And you won't get any better playing a pathetic schedule like that. You'll essentially be national NAIA champions, but that means nothing in D1 basketball. The USD philosophy of this move up seems to be like its D2 philosophy: Win lots of games by playing nobody.

Don't your student athletes deserve a chance to actually compete against the best?
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A couple of quick housekeeping items here:

1. This is SDSUFans.com. Of, by, and for South Dakota State Jackrabbit fans. How fans of USD can come on here and throw flames without rebuttal is beyond all of us!

2. SDSU was a very strong MBB program heading into transition. Transition sucks as you will find out. Time will tell how it goes for USD. USD will certainly have a better record with that bunch of frickin' pansies on the schedule.

3. Transition overall has been a tremendous success as a university. I hope all goes well for USD and we whip your flea-bitten butts whenever we play.

Now run along and chase some sheep Coyote!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Open mouth, remove all doubt. Samuel Clemens is smiling in his grave again.

Comment

Did you mean SIU-Edwardsville? I also note that the Irish are on the schedule. I know of one program that has a win over Notre Dame.

Comment

"schedule isn't the best"- You play at least 8 non-D1 teams. I guess USD decided it's better to get home games than play D-1 teams. Your record will look good but the competition isn't that tough.
                          USD's football team is the same way. They play 5 non-D1 teams this year. SDSU played 7 non-D1 games in 4 years.

"isn't in total shambles"- How would you know? You're still pretty much a D2 team. You play a few D1 teams this year but not a full D1 schedule. The sad thing is this year USD has most of their good players back. This would be a good year to play D1 teams. SDSU lost their top 6 players when they went D1. Next year, USD will lose most of their players and have to schedule more D1 games.

"good program"- You have a good program at the D2 level. SDSU had a better program at the D2 level. USD could have a better transition but you never know. It almost sounds like you judge a program by W's and L's(a good program with a bad schedule than a mediocre schedule and a bad program).

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            "schedule isn't the best"- You play at least 8 non-D1 teams. I guess USD decided it's better to get home games than play D-1 teams. Your record will look good but the competition isn't that tough.
                            USD's football team is the same way. They play 5 non-D1 teams this year. SDSU played 7 non-D1 games in 4 years.

"isn't in total shambles"- How would you know? You're still pretty much a D2 team. You play a few D1 teams this year but not a full D1 schedule. The sad thing is this year USD has most of their good players back. This would be a good year to play D1 teams. SDSU lost their top 6 players when they went D1. Next year, USD will lose most of their players and have to schedule more D1 games.

"good program"- You have a good program at the D2 level. SDSU had a better program at the D2 level. USD could have a better transition but you never know. It almost sounds like you judge a program by W's and L's(a good program with a bad schedule than a mediocre schedule and a bad program).
                            I would say, judging by their schedule that their pretty much an NAIA team. Finally, they are where they belong.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              We don't know what state USD's men's basketball program is in. You haven't played a D1 game yet.

Recall that SDSU won the real NCC right before we moved up. I realize it's your philosophy, stated constantly, that the top of D2 = D1. That's even LESS true in men's basketball. And you won't get any better playing a pathetic schedule like that. You'll essentially be national NAIA champions, but that means nothing in D1 basketball. The USD philosophy of this move up seems to be like its D2 philosophy: Win lots of games by playing nobody.

Don't your student athletes deserve a chance to actually compete against the best?
                              If you won the real NCC than why were you ranked #2 in the NCC tourney and ended up getting your tails handed to you twice in the same week by the Yotes. Once in the NCC tourney semi's. Sorry but you're 0-2 in your last 2 against USD. Your team was on the decline at the end of your last year or D2 and certainly didn't win the NCC in any fashion.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X