Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Downs USD, But Coyotes Gain Respect

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Oh, goodness. First it's the D2=FCS baloney and now the "road games don't count" silliness again. You need to deal with reality: You don't get to play them all at home, so you win or lose with the schedule you have. We played most of our FCS games on the road at first, and as has been mentioned, won a couple of them on the road that first year. It's looking more likely that USD won't get an FCS win at all this year since SUU is your only FCS counter left, and the Thunderjerks are playing pretty well.

The argument used to be that USD was better positioned to move to FCS than SDSU because of your awesome record against the lame NCC of the past several years. When USD doesn't win any FCS games, I guess it confirms two things: FCS actually IS better and; the NCC of the past couple years WAS lame.

Maybe our Coyote friend should give football a rest and rent a movie this coming weekend.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      I still haven't heard anyone address the fact that USD is yet to play a home game against a D1 FCS school.
      When will you be addressing the fact that we didn't need no stinkin' home game to get our first FCS win?

SDSU 31
      @Southern 24
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        When will you be addressing the fact that we didn't need no stinkin' home game to get our first FCS win?

SDSU 31
        @Southern 24
        jacksfaninne,

Come on, you know what he is going to say to that. Road games don't count, even if you do win them.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
          Went back and skimmed through this thread real quick... So somebody gets called an 'idiot' once - just once. Even in that post, the 'bully' is still criticizing only the behavior. It's sorta interesting that a person's skin can be so thin, to the point that poor baby* wants to have some people banned. Funny.

Help is on the way...

*name used to describe behavior
          **sorry 'bout that b!tc#e$ thing. time saved not fixing is worth more than poor baby's* feelings.
          This has to be one of the best posts I have ever seen.....made me laugh out loud. Great work UTH.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            jacksfaninne,

Come on, you know what he is going to say to that. Road games don't count, even if you do win them.
            BTW, when did I ever say road games don't count. Sorry but you'll never find a quote of me saying that. I recently said something to the effect that it's difficult to truley gage the Coyotes until they have had a chance to play more home games. That is by no means whatsoever saying that road games don't count.

I do think road games count, what I don't think counts in the spirit of competition are games played at home against far inferior competition.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

BTW, when did I ever say road games don't count. Sorry but you'll never find a quote of me saying that. I recently said something to the effect that it's difficult to truley gage the Coyotes until they have had a chance to play more home games. That is by no means whatsoever saying that road games don't count.

I do think road games count, what I don't think counts in the spirit of competition are games played at home against far inferior competition.
              So the games don't count for Cal Poly or Montana State?

Sorry CF, I just couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                So the games don't count for Cal Poly or Montana State?

Sorry CF, I just couldn't resist
                Nice. softball right down the middle........

Comment

You have home games this year.

Your home games are against cupcakes, not full fledged FCS opponents.

I'm not sure how your road record--or your home record--would improve if the Yotes were getting beat up at their home games too? More than likely, the Yotes would have lost at least 1 home game (if not all of them), and your FCS record would be even worse.

Right now the Yotes are not FCS material. Admit it, your coach has. I respect his honesty, your continual denial is comical.

USD Coyotes... O-and-forever in the FCS.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think the whole point we're getting at is SDSU was a better transition team than USD. USD had a few good years lately but that was against a watered down NCC. In SDSU's 1st year of transition, they went on the road and beat FCS teams(I believe Southern was even ranked). USD doesn't have a win to date and they won't beat a ranked team if they actually win a game. I think USD will get their fair share of FCS wins in the future. They'll put together the easiest schedule they can. They've always been a fan of getting W's over playing tougher teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I think USD will get their fair share of FCS wins in the future. They'll put together the easiest schedule they can. They've always been a fan of getting W's over playing tougher teams.
                      Very true statements although "fair share" will be interpreted differently by certain individuals.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I think the whole point we're getting at is SDSU was a better transition team than USD. USD had a few good years lately but that was against a watered down NCC. In SDSU's 1st year of transition, they went on the road and beat FCS teams(I believe Southern was even ranked). USD doesn't have a win to date and they won't beat a ranked team if they actually win a game. I think USD will get their fair share of FCS wins in the future. They'll put together the easiest schedule they can. They've always been a fan of getting W's over playing tougher teams.
                        Southern was the SWAC West rep (best of the west) in the SWAC championship game. Lost in the game, but definitely a good team that year. Only Cal Poly and UNI are comparable opponents for the Yotes this year.

Comment

Record crowd of 15,522 fans expected at the ddump for d-days this Saturday against Missiouri S&T. I won't be one of them.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is that 15,000 USD figures or actual ticket sales fill the seats figures. Or is it like the ORU basketball bracketbuster game when they put white shirts on all the seats to make it look full.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Record crowd of 15,522 fans expected at the ddump for d-days this Saturday against Missiouri S&T. I won't be one of them.
                              I thought USD's dome only sat 10,000??

Comment

Hobo Day + 1

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X