Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humor: Why SDSU doesn't play Wyoming

There are no Jackrabbits in Yellowstone any more:
    A new study by the Bronx Zoo-based Wildlife Conservation Society found that jack rabbits living in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem have apparently hopped into oblivion. The study, which appears in the latest issue of the journal Oryx, also speculates that the disappearance of jack rabbits may be having region-wide impacts on a variety of other prey species and their predators.

According to the study, historical records from more than 130 years ago indicate that white-tailed jack rabbits were once locally abundant in Greater Yellowstone, a 60,000 square kilometer (23,166 square mile) ecosystem that contains both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. However, the WCS study found that no jack rabbit sightings could be confirmed in Yellowstone since 1991 and only three in Grand Teton since 1978.
    Posted in smack for . . . oh, I don't know . . . whatever . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Humor: Why SDSU doesn't play Wyoming

I guess it only makes sense, what with all the bears and stuff.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

C'mon guys...you all know the answer for why the Jackrabbits have left Yellowstone! Who would want to live in that suphuric atmosphere, when you can join the rest of Jackrabbit Nation right here at South Dakota State University and its fans from all over the nation. Do I need to compute a scientific methodology so I can get published in the science journals on this astounding discovery? Nah, I've got to get ready to go to watch the Jackrabbits wrestle tonight and then truck on down to Kansas City to congregate with other Jackrabbits!

Comment

Oh crap, we're all toast. Most of us know that Yellowstone is one giant volcano, and we know that animals(especially small ones) are attuned to natural disasters...

I hear Australia is nice this time of century.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Oh crap, we're all toast. Most of us know that Yellowstone is one giant volcano, and we know that animals(especially small ones) are attuned to natural disasters...

I hear Australia is nice this time of century.

Im definitely toast, yellowstone is probably about 140 miles (probably less) as the crow flies from my house. I wont even here about a problem before im crispy.

Comment

Working...
          X