Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Yotes Visit Omaha!

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Why do you think this McIntosh guy who came from Iowa State is at Augustana? Its because he might have not been far enough along academically to finish at Iowa State. I dont have all the facts, but I bet this factor entered into his decision to play at Augie.

You can find your answer in an article found in today's (Feb 10th) argus leader.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...44/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      You can find your answer in an article found in today's (Feb 10th) argus leader.

Great story about him. Sounds like he's really happy.

Everyone should take note how big of a difference it is between a bad D-I school like Iowa State and Augustana, a D-II school. He played for Iowa State and didn't do much and now he's ripping it up in D-II. People just don't realize how big of a difference it is, especially going through transition for us.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
        Great story about him. Sounds like he's really happy.

Everyone should take note how big of a difference it is between a bad D-I school like Iowa State and Augustana, a D-II school. He played for Iowa State and didn't do much and now he's ripping it up in D-II. People just don't realize how big of a difference it is, especially going through transition for us.
        I think the style of play at Iowa State had a lot to do with why he didn't score all that much. They play a slow down/ball control type of offense which doesn't suit his style. I am not saying there isn't a big difference between Iowa State and Augie, just saying he may have put up better numbers with an offense scheme that would have suited his abilities better.

I am happy for the guy, glad he found a place where he fits in.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Thanks, I had briefly had scanned the story, but not read it and I guess I am wrong in suggesting academic issues. Looks like its other issues, oh well McIntosh really has no bearing on the Yotes visit to Omaha and maybe I got us off topic. He is a very good player. That I will agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I think the style of play at Iowa State had a lot to do with why he didn't score all that much. They play a slow down/ball control type of offense which doesn't suit his style. I am not saying there isn't a big difference between Iowa State and Augie, just saying he may have put up better numbers with an offense scheme that would have suited his abilities better.

I am happy for the guy, glad he found a place where he fits in.
            Agreed. But like you said, there is still a difference.

Comment

Working...
            X