• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great West Alliance Champions

Gee, and we played at home and everything! LOL
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Just a note. Someone said that there was a rational USD fan. A rational USD fan to most on this board is one that believes that SDSU is superior to USD in everything and with no exceptions. Anything less than that is crazy, misguided, on crack, etc.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        Just a note. Someone said that there was a rational USD fan. A rational USD fan to most on this board is one that believes that SDSU is superior to USD in everything and with no exceptions. Anything less than that is crazy, misguided, on crack, etc.
        Actually, the rational fan they're talking about is USD FB Alum, who apparently knows something about football and realizes after watching an FCS game (have you ever?) that it's a few notches above what you've been playing in D2. I can't wait, honestly, for you and your Coyotes to encounter Jonathan Dally and Ramses Barden from Cal Poly. Both of those guys are better athletes than your D2 team has encountered... ever. And they're just two of a whole bunch of great players on that Cal Poly team... and, oh yeah, they finished third in the GWFC.

Like you, I wanted to believe that the transition would be easy and that D2 is a lot like FCS. It's not. It's not easy in football. And it's much, much harder in basketball. In both cases, though, it's a different game, no matter what rosy scenario you want to create in your head.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Judging from what I have read here, there is no such thing as a rational USD fan.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Too much BS in your line here Coyote_Fan. One more as absurd as the conference statement and I will no longer read your stuff. Use the education you claim to have and re-read your posts you have made. You called the Great West a conference until SDSU won it. You did, you know it and you are bothered by it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

What's really sad is that I have talked to a number of USD fans who believe their transition will be easy. It's that arrogance that will be their undoing.

It's sad, really. In the past, they could posture and pose and the stakes were so low that nothing bad could happen. Now, they're entering into a venture in which they could actually fail, long-term, with dire consequences for student-athletes at USD. But they're going into it with the same attitude we've seen over and over again throughout the years. We're the U. We're the Harvard of the Plains. We're the Princeton of the Prairie. Blah, blah, blah.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                What's really sad is that I have talked to a number of USD fans who believe their transition will be easy. It's that arrogance that will be their undoing.

It's sad, really. In the past, they could posture and pose and the stakes were so low that nothing bad could happen. Now, they're entering into a venture in which they could actually fail, long-term, with dire consequences for student-athletes at USD. But they're going into it with the same attitude we've seen over and over again throughout the years. We're the U. We're the Harvard of the Plains. We're the Princeton of the Prairie. Blah, blah, blah.
                This my friend is fact. I've seen it first hand for 15 plus years. Now when its really for all the marbles its more than just annoying. It might cost the entire state.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sorry, that's not what it means to be rational. It means make sure you know the facts, try as hard as possible to be objective in your view, and you will have a rational conclusion. Every one on this board understood that our last football conference championship was in 1963, and when we moved to Division I and won a conference championship in 2007, it is, INDEED, a big deal. You would be wise to work hard on your side to help your team try to be as successful in their transition.

Other than that, I've seen no rational viewpoint on your part, and so have just ignored most of what you have to say. And thus ends my reading of your posts...because I'm not interested in anything you have to say. So long.

Comment

Re: 2008 USD Schedule
                    « Reply #7 on Nov 18, 2007, 7:27pm »
                    "I have already made comments about this on anygivensaturday.com. USD is getting the short end of the stick with the Great West Conference. I would be willing if I were USD to not play any conference games until at least 2009. Let UND have their games because Great West teams cannot have too many non counter games anyway which USD would be to them. I agree that if USD doesn't get a home conference game than why are they in the conference in the first place. They might as well save the travel and play away games against Gateway teams. At least the travel costs would be lessened."
                    Coyote_Fans on Usd Forums
                    For not being a conference you sure like to talk like it is.

Comment

Coyote Fan,
                      Your posts are getting old (understatement of the year). I was the poster that said that there was a rational USD fan and I said it in jest because I do know that there are a few out there. Unfortunately for us, they don't post here and you do.

I didn't say it because I think USDFootballALUM thinks that SDSU is superior to USD in everything, I said it because he took the time to drive to Brookings, watch a great football game between two FCS teams, and make a judgement on what he saw, not what he has heard or read. You should try that sometime. Have you ever seen a FCS team play...in person. The difference is evident. Don't compare scores, don't look at message boards, go out and watch...I am sure you will see too.

You come on our fanboard and expect us to lay down to your way of thinking about everything that is college sports. I would bet that most of the posters here don't believe SDSU is superior to USD in EVERYTHING (i.e. possibly MBB) but I don't know if the SDSU fan board is where you want to look to find these posters owning up to that. The same thing you ask us to do, you never do on this site. I have seen your posts on other sites and you seem to be rational there (outside of your thread on AGS), but not here. Did you even mention we had a good win this weekend over a very good NDSU football team, mention that our VB team qualified for the NCAA, or basketball team notched great wins on the women's side. If you did, I didn't see it. All I saw was you laying smack to our/your future conference, whining about the transition, and begging people to see why it isn't fair to USD (BTW, you need to talk to your partner UND about them coming to vermillion next year, we had to go to NDSU twice in a row too). That isn't rational, what USDfootballalum said was...and he wasn't kissing the ground that SDSU walks on, he was being honest.

Boy, that was a waste of five minutes of my life.
                      Last edited by jackrabbit1979; 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                      X