Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs SDSU vs UND vs USD

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...87-page2.shtml...note it's two pages.

Article from Volante. So many smackable comments. This statement confuses me.

"In addition, USD must have the mandatory six wins to qualify for a bowl game. Nielsen said to look for a big time game in 2010, though, when the Coyotes should be in a position to play against such an opponent in football."

What the heck are they talking about. Do they think they can play in bowl game? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it.
    Read the story. Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah...

Comment

Man, that's a poorly written article. It's confusing, and not laid out very well.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...87-page2.shtml...note it's two pages.

Article from Volante. So many smackable comments. This statement confuses me.

"In addition, USD must have the mandatory six wins to qualify for a bowl game. Nielsen said to look for a big time game in 2010, though, when the Coyotes should be in a position to play against such an opponent in football."

What the heck are they talking about. Do they think they can play in bowl game? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it.
        I thought that you had to average 57 Schollies over a three year period before you could play a D-1A school? 2008, 2009, 2010 and then play a BCS school in 2011. Or is it two years? I'm confused.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Man, that's a poorly written article. It's confusing, and not laid out very well.
          Journalism is a major at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            I thought that you had to average 57 Schollies over a three year period before you could play a D-1A school? 2008, 2009, 2010 and then play a BCS school in 2011. Or is it two years? I'm confused.
            I believe its an average of 57 over the prior two seasons. We have 63 this year and I believe had 51 last year to get the 57 average needed for next years game against Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              In the article it states that you need two years of averaging 57 schollies and they hope to qualify for that in 2008 & 2009 (They'll average at least 57 scholarships per year over 2008 & 2009). I don't know if it's 2 or 3 years either, but hopefully there is some credibility to this article.

The bowl game statement is way out there. I don't think Charles Pulliam (the writer) realizes they can't play in a bowl game. He needs to get a clue!

What does he mean by a division I counter? So their games don't count until they average 57 schollies over two years? That would be saying none of our games counted the past couple of years because we weren't averaging 57 over 2 years? I think what he meant to say is that "Our D-I games don't count when we're on the road!" Did I get it right?

Comment

I'm hoping against hope that your statement doesn't describe USD's entire reclassification effort: confusing, and not laid out very well.

Really, I truly don't want USD to come out and fall flat on their face--it'll look bad for my native state. I just hope AD Nielsen has a better handle on it than the Volante writer.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Clearly, the staff at the Volante don't know where usd's DI compliance manual is either.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

in the volante article, i liked the part about Neilson saying he is pushing to get into big basketball tournaments like the maui invitational and the great alaska shootout. im pretty sure there are a lot of teams that would like to be invited to those tournaments that have been D1 a lot longer than USD.(hold it, they arent D1 yet) the only mid major in this years maui, is Princeton. i think he's dreaming and just making things sound rosey for the USD fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Clearly, the staff at the Volante don't know where usd's DI compliance manual is either.
                      I bet they know where it's at. But the thing has such big words in it (with multiple syllables even). They're probably having trouble getting it read.

Comment

Man I think they are out there period..... Bowl Games? They are going D-I FCS right? As far as big games I think SDSU realized that they aren't all its hyped up to be... playing Illinois, Kentucky (who they played really good) Butler (who they also played good) doesn't do much for your program at the early stages as much as myself as a fan love seeing SDSU go up against those schools I don't think the coaches or the players really like it.....

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops
                          Here is a mock phone conversation between Joel Nielsen and Tom Osborne.

Joel: Mr. Osborne. Nielsen here from South Dakota, how are you today sir?
                          Tom: Why hella there lil' feller, mighty fine, just got in from croppin' some bad corn after a bad harvest (football) season
                          Joel: Aren't we all up for a little upgrade? Which is why we would love to play your men's and women's basketball teams next season. We dominated the NCC for years and made a name for ourselves in NCAA D2. Of course you already know all of this. Take your time, I already sent the signed (desperate) contract.
                          Tom: Well of course...of course we would love to play your school in basketball. After all, South Dakota State is one of the better institutions in the region. We will get that done right away. Just let me -
                          Joel(rudely interrupts): Uhh, well we're not exactly South Dakota STATE, you see, we're The University of South Dakota
                          Tom: Fiddlin' fish sticks, if I'll be darned...I could have sworn there was only one D1 school in South Dakota.

Can't find anything better so you have to make/"mock" it up!

Comment

Working...
                          X