Did Mary Get Ya Ready For D1 Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did Mary Get Ya Ready For D1 Yet?

Any chance this stupid thread dies tomorrow night with the Montana game?

Comment

No chance of this thread ending anytime soon. I think I just heard on the radio that UNO (who is picked last in the NCC) beat Mary by 20 on a neutral floor.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        No chance of this thread ending anytime soon. I think I just heard on the radio that UNO (who is picked last in the NCC) beat Mary by 20 on a neutral floor.
        I've got to ask, So what?

I don't think anyone on this site has delusions of granduer in regards to our Men's bball team. Several posts on predicted wins has varied between 10 and 15. That is not unbelievable at all considering the added depth we have and talent we were able to pick up.

I also remind you, in our last year of D-II we were #1 for the first half of the year on a team that started 4 seniors and a Junior. Sound familiar.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

All I really remember that year was that USD ended up being a better team at the end of the season and proved it head to head. I don't know what starting 4 seniors and a junior has anything to do with something that sounds familiar so you will have to explain that one.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

All I really remember that year was that USD ended up being a better team at the end of the season and proved it head to head. I don't know what starting 4 seniors and a junior has anything to do with something that sounds familiar so you will have to explain that one.
            Maybe you could explain your preoccupation with SDSU athletics and your endless need to pollute our board with your irrevelant junk.

Comment

Honestly, USD would NOT be making this transistion to D1, if SDSU's transistion was not a total success.

You're riding our coat tails. Please admit that much.

This situation reminds me of my own pathetic male ego. My friend Jeff bought a chop saw a while ago. I pointed out to my girlfriend and other friends how big of an a$$ Jeff was for spending $300 on a saw that he will rarely use. I really laid it on him. After a few months of watching Jeff dominate the "man" world with his chop saw, and being Mr. Popular, I got pretty jealous. Jeff was having way to much fun and success with his new saw. I could no longer live with idea that Jeff was the "go to" guy. I went and bought myself a chop saw.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you need some 2x4's cut, give me a call. I need to use this damn saw for something.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

thats good news for the jacks, coyote fan. using your score comparison theory, the jacks lost to montana last night by 9. montana beat colorado st by 36. so the jacks beat colo st by 27. colorado st beat tennesee st by 19. so the jacks beat tenn st by 46. tennessee st lost to georgia tech by 14, so the jacks beat georgia tech by 32. cant wait to see how georgia tech does against duke and north carolina.

Comment

My point wasn't who was the better team my point was this...

Isn't your team very senior laden???? Before you take too much enjoyment in what Jackrabbit Basketball has become, we very well might be a picture of what you are in for over the next four years.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    Honestly, USD would NOT be making this transistion to D1, if SDSU's transistion was not a total success.

You're riding our coat tails. Please admit that much.

This situation reminds me of my own pathetic male ego. My friend Jeff bought a chop saw a while ago. I pointed out to my girlfriend and other friends how big of an a$$ Jeff was for spending $300 on a saw that he will rarely use. I really laid it on him. After a few months of watching Jeff dominate the "man" world with his chop saw, and being Mr. Popular, I got pretty jealous. Jeff was having way to much fun and success with his new saw. I could no longer live with idea that Jeff was the "go to" guy. I went and bought myself a chop saw.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you need some 2x4's cut, give me a call. I need to use this damn saw for something.
                    Now that is funny!!!!!!!!
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      ...if you need some 2x4's cut, give me a call. I need to use this damn saw for something.
                      That's funny.

Friend of mine picked up a new gas-powered device of some sort the other day and was bragging to me about acquiring a new cylinder. He measures life by the number of cylinders he owns.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        That's funny.

Friend of mine picked up a new gas-powered device of some sort the other day and was bragging to me about acquiring a new cylinder. He measures life by the number of cylinders he owns.
                        He must be a fan of Joe Soucheray and Garage Logic. I believe one of thw Watertown stations is an affiliate. I listen to it on KWOA in Worthington.

http://www.am1500.com/gl/index.shtml

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think (from recollection) the only two seniors that will be major contributers are Little and Hall. Everyone else should be back for the transition year so the cupboard will definately not be bare. The Yotes should be a good team for at least the next two years.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I think (from recollection) the only two seniors that will be major contributers are Little and Hall. Everyone else should be back for the transition year so the cupboard will definately not be bare. The Yotes should be a good team for at least the next two years.
                            Division II talent and a Division I schedule... GOOD LUCK!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              Division II talent and a Division I schedule... GOOD LUCK!
                              Well when SDSU lost all that D2 talent the year they went D1, that D1 talent sure didn't help them out very much. That D1 talent is still helping the program out now isn't it. USD's talent is simple better than SDSU's. Not all D1 teams are better than all D2's. That just isn't the case.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

They'll be back if they don't transfer to Mankato or Omaha to compete for something in their final years. Seen that happen too.
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X