Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come get some of this rabbits!!!

Originally posted by ivandrago View Post
    How big was this win for UNO? Let's have a look at the Friday morning sports headlines in the Omaha World Herald:
    #1 - High school football playoff preview
    #2 - Huskers football preview
    #3 - UNO's win over USD
    #4 - Creighton men's basketball exhibition recap

What an attention-grabber! But guys, who are we kidding? After all, it was on NATIONAL television!
    Well UNO fans, I hate to break the news to you, but CSTV is only carried by dish and satellite subscribers. You know what else is carried on those services? Comcast Sportsnet West.
    In case you weren't aware, that network broadcast SDSU's road game at UC Davis.
    Oh yea, and CSN West is also available on nearly every cable service in California, and the feed was broadcast to over 3.2 million people on Mediacom and Midcontinent Cable services.
    So in response to your question of "has SDSU been on national television this year?" Well, our game went to roughly 7 million more households than yours.
    Were we on NATIONAL television? No. But neither were you.
    Logic and facts won't get you very far with a yote fan.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Logic and facts won't get you very far with a yote fan.
      That is a very interesting point, MD. I ran into one the Udot's big supporters this AM and all he could talk about was the SDSU men's game Wednesday night. Tried being polite and talk some sports with him, but he was just being as ass about it. Finally told him in my own way we were done talking. He really pissed me off. If he is an example of that university's supporters, they better get the focus off of SDSU and start thinking about their own future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        That is a very interesting point, MD. I ran into one the Udot's big supporters this AM and all he could talk about was the SDSU men's game Wednesday night. Tried being polite and talk some sports with him, but he was just being as ass about it. Finally told him in my own way we were done talking. He really pissed me off. If he is an example of that university's supporters, they better get the focus off of SDSU and start thinking about their own future.
        USD's football game with UNO didn't come up in this conversation???

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          Experience tells you exactly why he is talking about SDSU's exhibition win and not USD's butt kicking in Omaha. When you've got problems and you don't have answers panic sets in. When the resources are in place to correct the problems stability is restored. When no answers exist and the people in charge don't admit that, then you start trying to find fault in others to buffer reality. Its an extension of the same illogical thinking I've heard and seen from Udot fans for over 15 years. It makes it virtually impossible to discuss the DI move, our success or their potential catastrophic failure.

Instead of bringing intelligent comments about the plan, resources, and leadership for the DI move they bring up crap like Dr. Oien's personal life, a loss to a DIII team 20 games ago, or the fact they beat us in men's basketball a couple of times at the end of our DII days. Granted, some of its in jest but a lot of its banter to cover up insecurities and a great deal of ignorance.

Latest example, they have the delusion that being ranked in the top 10 in a preseason men's BB poll means jack. Its all irrelevant and until they can appreciate that DI means vision and forward thinking, not past regrets and forced actions, the outcome will be dismal.

Oh yeah, nice win for the U women over UNI. Maggie Youngberg, who lead them in scoring, is a Yankton native and I know her parents well.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Experience tells you exactly why he is talking about SDSU's exhibition win and not USD's butt kicking in Omaha. When you've got problems and you don't have answers panic sets in. When the resources are in place to correct the problems stability is restored. When no answers exist and the people in charge don't admit that, then you start trying to find fault in others to buffer reality. Its an extension of the same illogical thinking I've heard and seen from Udot fans for over 15 years. It makes it virtually impossible to discuss the DI move, our success or their potential catastrophic failure.

Instead of bringing intelligent comments about the plan, resources, and leadership for the DI move they bring up crap like Dr. Oien's personal life, a loss to a DIII team 20 games ago, or the fact they beat us in men's basketball a couple of times at the end of our DII days. Granted, some of its in jest but a lot of its banter to cover up insecurities and a great deal of ignorance.

Latest example, they have the delusion that being ranked in the top 10 in a preseason men's BB poll means jack. Its all irrelevant and until they can appreciate that DI means vision and forward thinking, not past regrets and forced actions, the outcome will be dismal.

Oh yeah, nice win for the U women over UNI. Maggie Youngberg, who lead them in scoring, is a Yankton native and I know her parents well.
            MD, you are a much better writer than I am and explained this in a very clear manner. Basically, I just wanted to tell him the f-off!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              USD's football game with UNO didn't come up in this conversation???
              I brought it up, but he must have not heard me three different times. Man, I think I need to find a job in Brookings, don't know if I can take it any longer down here!

Comment

What exactly is the story in USD winning over UNI in Women's BB. Could this make Chad to withdraw his retirement papers? I can not believe UNI program could be that bad. And we worry about at DWU near loss in Men's BB.

Anyone know the details other than Youngberg being the score leader?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  What exactly is the story in USD winning over UNI in Women's BB. Could this make Chad to withdraw his retirement papers? I can not believe UNI program could be that bad. And we worry about at DWU near loss in Men's BB.

Anyone know the details other than Youngberg being the score leader?
                  Not much about it in the Yankton paper this AM. I don't think Chead will change his mind. He is not interested in DI and has made that clear.

Comment

Working...
                  X