Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Women playing a juco?!?!

Originally posted by yanktonyote View Post
    Seriously though, somebody needs to convince me how you guys are going to finish better than 4th this year in the Great West. And I know I'm off topic on this fantastic thread but oh well.

Kardoes did so much for you guys a year ago that it's easy to think that success will carry over to the next. Berry is a steady QB and I do think he should be the #1 guy. But if I'm defenses I'm loading things up in the box and forcing him to beat me 3rd and Med, 3rd and Long. We know he's not mobile.

And I know you're defense is improved, but there's only one game that's a win for you and that's Southern Utah, heck they'd be a middle of the pack team in the NCC. Is your homefield strong enough to beat NDSU? Possibly. But the California teams are going to have you on their radar this year and will be gunning for you. Where do you all honestly figure you're going to finish?
    Oddly enough, I was tempted to give you props for posting on-topic in your initial post. Funny, huh?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Again, I'm asking you a question on how you think SDSU is going to do THIS year. I understand that you beat Central at home and USD lost to them on the road. I get it. But the question was how are you going fare in 2007?

Yeah and I get that you were in a bunch of PRESEASON Top 25 Polls. So was everyone else in the Great West. So the question still remains, how are you going pull off another successful season this year?

And Filbert, thanks for the near compliment, I've read your stuff, you're very knowledgeable about many things so I'll take that as a compliment from one sports fan to another. Even if you're a Jack fan!

Comment

Again, I'm asking you a question on how you think SDSU is going to do THIS year. I understand that you beat Central at home and USD lost to them on the road. I get it. But the question was how are you going fare in 2007?

Yeah and I get that you were in a bunch of PRESEASON Top 25 Polls. So was everyone else in the Great West. So the question still remains, how are you going pull off another successful season this year?

And Filbert, thanks for the near compliment, I've read your stuff, you're very knowledgeable about many things so I'll take that as a compliment from one sports fan to another. Even if you're a Jack fan!
        First, no one here has to answer to you regarding how we are going to do this year. Time will tell. I'd give us a good chance against each team we play this year and follow that up by saying each week will bring a challenge. Your boys in v-town can't say that.

Second, telling us you "get it" doesn't mean jack. You're going to be putting your money where your mouth is starting next year, we'll talk then. UCA, facts are facts, is that what you mean?

Third, we aren't looking to "pull off" anything. Stig will bring his players and coaching staff to the field each week with a belief in each other and the expectation that they will give their best and leave everything on the field. A win is a win regardless of what happens. BTW, sorry for the cliches.

Last, you can continue to speculate about our program and our institution, it might help you to fill a couple of hours of "dead air" each afternoon. Actually, I like what you do even if your a yote fan. (Am I correct?)
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sorry jackmd, you've got the wrong yote fan here, but nice try and I understand with a lot of the things you're saying and I agree with you on the fact that Stig will bring his guys to play each week. But we'll have to wait and see like you say on how things are going to go down this year in the conference.

Comment

Sorry jackmd, you've got the wrong yote fan here, but nice try and I understand with a lot of the things you're saying and I agree with you on the fact that Stig will bring his guys to play each week. But we'll have to wait and see like you say on how things are going to go down this year in the conference.
            I just took a shot. Cullhane has a decent show and seems to be fairly knowledgable.

I have to admit that I can't follow the Jacks as closely as I would like so, I am uncertain about what the outcome will be. I think we all have questions about the offense. We struggled at times last year and Andy seemed to be the wildcard that pulled some games out in the end. I am confident that our defense can stop almost anyone but can our offense keep our defense off the field? We are about to find out.

I'm definitely excited for the season to start. I hope the rain stays away so the field at CAS doesn't get destroyed like last year. I can't make any of the away games which is unfortunate but I will be in Brookings for almost every home game. The Yankton Jackrabbit club is up to 36 families so we should be bringing a pretty good size crew.

Are you sure you don't want to join?

Sorry for being so off topic, are they playing Dixie because Amos was there?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just heard on WNAX that Chad Lavin is retiring after this year. I figured that he wouldn't coach anymore once they went into d 1 land.

Comment

Working...
              X