Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COMMENTS FROM DII/DIII/NAIA FANS

Originally posted by bigjake
    I did listen to the mike and whoever his partner is radio show yesterday for about an hour on media day.  I thought it was funny when coach stig talked about being thin at rb and that your 2nd string back is unavailable.  I think if memory serves me correctly that he was the guy with all the pot.  Coach stig was very diplomatic bc I suspect that guy will be "unavailable" for a long time.
    Hey FAT JAKE:

I found a clip of you from your college days!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/rootbeer.php

I can see why:

1. You quit drinking beer!

2. You started drinking rootbeer and gained so much weight!

3. You are so hard on people that make mistakes!

4. You are so screwed up in your head!

It is easier to understand you now! You are living with quite a load! In fact you are quite a load!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Jack Be STupid, I find your clips to be really juvenile but I must admit that my 7 year old son thinks they are really funny. I think you have a lot in common with him both intellectually and emotionally. You just can't be an alumnus - I will bet you are some punk sdsu student living at home with your parents and struggling to stay off of academic probation.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
        I find your clips to be really juvenile but I must admit that my 7 year old son thinks they are really funny.
        Hey FAT JAKE:

I found a picture of you and your wife at the hospital the day he was born:

http://www.ahajokes.com/crt391.html

Like father, like son! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I see where sdsu soccer is an expected 0-2. Props though to the goalie who stopped all those shots. Sounds like marquette was a game of human pinball against you. 45-2 in shots is amazing. The Marquette goalie could have done her homework during that game the way it sounded. All the action was on the other end of the field. Props to the goalie though - apparently she is going to get a lot of work this year and evidently she is good.
          By the way she too is from the kc area but not where the johnson county elites live. Raytown is blue collar instead of all the "styling and profiling" that is done out in Johnson County to keep up with the Jones.

Comment

45 shots on goal. That goalie is going to be seeing balls flying at her in her dreams. The marquette girls are probably icing down their legs after blasting all those shots. You know your in trouble when your goalkeeper is your MVP. Maybe she can wear a football helmet next time out. She is probably is wishing she tried out for the equestrian team. I know you guys being the eternal optimists will try and spin this and say it was great playing a school like Marquette. Give me a break.

Comment

Hey mav 1 - Over the first 2 games the jacks have had 5 shots on goal versus approx 67 shots for their opponents.  At this rate we aren't going to be talking about when the jacks will get their first d1 win but rather when they are going to get their first d1 goal!!Oh yeah Jack fans - tell your goalie to take 3 tylenol and get some rest after the beating she took this weekend. She could probably use some rest.

Comment

Since we play UNO in soccer this season I will idulge you two a little on this one.  Your girls must be excited to be coming to Brookings to take on a D-I school.  Looks like we are your only D-I opponent, so I can see why you are following our program so closely.  The game against us will be like the World Cup for your team.

I see the Mavs are off to a great start.  They got hammered by D-II Metro State 5-0.  They did come back and beat D-II Regis 2-1 with a last seconds goal.  Isn't Regis a beauty school?  

http://www.regishairstylists.com/

Good luck with your season.  Tell your girls not to be to focused on the Jackrabbits, we are your last game of the season.  Lots of soccer between now and then.

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Thank you for posting in your thread.

Comment

The whole point of mav1 and my points over the past year has not been that there is anything inherently bad about sdsu (bc there isn't)but rather we do not believe you have the resources to compete well at the d1 level. 67-3 in shots seems to indicate that the talent right now is not close to d1 level like we have been speculating. Whether d2 UNO beats SDSU or not does not change that fact. Personally, I am following your move closely bc IF you are successful then I would be willing to reconsider a move to d1 for uno. But based on what I have said ad nauseum about umkc and what I have seen in this first weekend of your soccer program just confirms what a long hard road you have undertaken. Good luck. I am open to changing my opinion if you have success. But I know a lot of people at uno are watching your move closely and if you have success they may come along for the ride eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    The whole point of mav1 and my points over the past year has not been that there is anything inherently bad about sdsu (bc there isn't)but rather we do not believe you have the resources to compete well at the d1 level. 67-3 in shots seems to indicate that the talent right now is not close to d1 level like we have been speculating.  Whether d2 UNO beats SDSU or not does not change that fact.  Personally, I am following your move closely bc IF you are successful then I would be willing to reconsider a move to d1 for uno.  But based on what I have said ad nauseum about umkc and what I have seen in this first weekend of your soccer program just confirms what a long hard road you have undertaken.  Good luck.  I am open to changing my opinion if you have success. But I know a lot of people at uno are watching your move closely and if you have success they may come along for the ride eventually.  
                    So you are saying then Mav1 and Big Jake are one of the same.  Just because SDSU and uno were in the same conference for a few years hardly makes them equal. By the way, uno dropped out of the NCC after joining in the early years. Maybe thats a failure you can research rather than worry about SDSU.

So SDSU is a failed mess because we dropped to soccer matches?  Gee thanks, but no thanks.  I had never visited the offical website for SDSU soccer, but did yesterday and the SDSU program is only in its fifth season and the past three have been winning seasons.
                    I have hope for all are programs.  We dont need your skepticsm and sarcasm.  So you have toilets on the vistors side at Al canilgia. BFD. ;D

Comment

bigjake,

Using your logic, UNO should drop down to D-III or NAIA.  UNO clearly doesn't have the talent to play D-II ball.  They lost their season opener 5-0.  UNO has given up more goals in one game then SDSU gave up in both of our D-I games combined.  Maybe you can hook up with Dana College (no offense Mike) in Blair, NE and get in the GPAC.  Good luck with that we will be watching.  We would post on your fan board if UNO had one, but oh well .  .  . know that you are in our thoughts.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Drury, UNO's game on Saturday is a D1 soccer school.
                        Rabbitt fans you need to go to the soccer game in Omaha to support your beloved Jacks. Even if you don't like soccer it is a chance to see the premier soccer venue in the nation. If you want,you can bring your lawn chair and relax on the east side of the stadium. They have tiered seating and the view is great. There will be no better chance to experience a D1 venue all year than Saturday's game. If anyone goes let us know what you think of the experience. It is right on campus and is easy access off the interstate. I don't like your chances in the game, but if it is D1 experience that you are looking for, which all of you seem to revel in, this is your chance. Jays 4- Jacks 0

Comment

I stand corrected, Drury through me being a D-II school with one D-I sport. UNO has 2 D-I games. I still think your girls will be more excited to play South Dakota State University rather then Drury College. Maybe it is me.

By the way what is with you guys. First you play a beauty school (Regis) now you are playing a hotel chain?

http://www.druryhotels.com/

Go State! ;D

Comment

It is way too early to speculate about how this will all turn out but it is pretty much how I thought it would begin - at least from a competitive stand point.  I will say though that your schedulers have done a  pretty terrific job thus far giving you an attractive schedule in most sports.  
                            I am a huge sports fan and I have sat thru 4-24 mavs bb seasons and would do it again bc I love sports.  I know guys like jbnjbq, sdsu fan, 89rabbit and many others on this site would too but I question just how many fans you have that can endure the kind of pain that is coming in the future.  We shall see.  It is going to be hard, very hard.  
                            If you are successful I am jumping on the bandwagon to get uno to jump bc it would be fun.  But you know how I feel about your chances.  But better you and ndsu be the guineau pigs than uno.
                            CU 3-0  42-4 shots on goal advantage.
                            I didn't know drury is d1 in soccer. DU's claim to fame is they are the alma mater of that great american -bob barker of price is right fame. Nice d2 program but they don't belong in d1 regardless of sport. drury hotels have a nice brkfst bar.

Comment

http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/co...;sectionID=79#

Here are some pictures of the new soccer stadium your beloved jacks are going to play in on Saturday. Here is the Creighton website if anyone is interested.
                              www.gocreighton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                                I know you guys being the eternal optimists will try and spin this and say it was great playing a school like Marquette. Give me a break.
                                I'll try playing optimist on this one.  On the bright side, the offense can only get better, and if the goalie is this good that will equal wins.  It is great playing a school like Marquette, but that's not the point.  Too many of the sceptics would have looked at this weekend and thought that the first games against DI schools would lead to blow-outs.  Marquette is a recognizable name for most average fans, even if they don't have a great soccer tradition.  That doesn't matter because most average fans of SDSU sports don't know what Marquette's soccer tradition is, nor do they know much about SDSU's.  Point being, SDSU had a good showing against Marquette.  The women still lost, but played well in most people's eyes.  If this starts winning over some people then so be it.

One quick question, are bigjake and Maverick#1 now Creighton fans and have given up on UNO because they are DII, or do they just want to see SDSU fail in order to make a move to better our university look like a mistake?

Comment

Working...
                                X