52-0???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 52-0???????????

Mike I am not arguing with you.  I am trying to understand and win over that fan (s) that you brought up.  I think my questions and comments are legitimate.  Don’t try and pooh pooh my arguments by saying that I have impugned any true Rabbit fans.  I am a Minnesota Vikings Fan and I love SDSU.  Should I become a Rams, Patriots, or Browns fan simple because they have SDSU guys on their roster?  How big of a Vikings fan would I be if I jumped ship because of a single guy.  Again I root for the name on the front not the back.  Does that make me right?  I don’t know, but from the Viking’s stand point it probably does.  Same is true for the Rabbits, great to get the local kids that have the talent but I don’t want a guy on the team just because he is from South Dakota.

Mike you ask what do I care about high school kids in South Dakota.  Kind of a tough statement without knowing me.  I have lots and I do mean lots of high school aged relatives all over South Dakota and I still keep up with SD high school sports.  If you think I have lost touch with my South Dakota roots then you don’t know me very well.  I was born in SD and am very proud of it.  I am in South Dakota about every 6 weeks or so.  One of the reasons I am so passionate about SDSU is I want nothing but the best for my home state and the people who live in it.  I want opportunity in South Dakota so that people like myself could stay in the place that they love so much and do what they want to do.  So don’t imply that I don’t have a right to speak my mind about this subject just because I don't live in South Dakota currently.  >  

Go State!  ;D          

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong on the SDSU administrators, Mike-H, I just don't remember that being said. You probably have the interview tapes to prove me wrong. If that was said to the general public then I can understand why some folks would be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
        I am not sure why you guys are arguing with me. This is not an argument or meant in that way. I am trying to point out the arguments of others. I know, I know, it's time to trot out the "if they don't think this is a good idea then they truly aren't a Jackrabbit fan" logic. I was simply explaining to Maverick or whoever what some of the discussions have been about.

But while we are on the subject, do you also not think there are fans of SDSU because guys like Mark Schultz, Mark Tezlaff, Denny Womoldorf, Doug Miller, Adam Vinitieri, and Matt Jones HAVE come from South Dakota? If you want a naming contest of greats from the state, we can move that to a different thread. And 89, what do you care about the high school kids in this state? You moved away long ago. That is another example of the arguments you might find that has made this such a lively debate, and the perfect time to host a sports talk show! And Alumguy, you are wrong about your quotes. Backers were told that additional scholarships for football would mean SDSU could take a chance on a South Dakota kid that they might not have been able to take before because they could buy him some time to develop.

I know you guys have been waiting to jump on something since the final whislte blew Saturday night, but this is a little misguided.
        Mike_H,

Take your lumps.  When you say/type things like you have you can expect replies like you have gotten.  Hiding behind the premise that you are representing others view won't fly (at least not with me).  I left the state of SD for my medical training because in state there was nothing available that was similar to the training outside of SD.  I still consider SD my home and always will and I hope to return in the future.  I think 89 shares similar sentiments and does genuinely care about high school kids in SD.  Both those with athletic and academic aspirations.  I don't care how you slice it SDSU's move to DI will be beneficial for all those mentioned.  

It may not be readily obvious in the short-term and for the typical South Dakotan it hard to see past that.  Therefore, it becomes even more important for those who can look ahead and aspire to strongly encourage support of SDSU.  I have many arguments to support these statements but this forum is not the ideal place to express them and therefore I will yield.  Its like preaching to the choir around here.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Don't worry, Doc, I have remained lump free during my entire stay here. I am sorry if you do not like my style of writing. I can be more direct if you like. I do not hide behind any premise. You should know that by now. Would you like me to name the folks that I have talked to so they can be cheap shotted by folks that don't use their real names? I would not do that anymore than I would bring your name up in conversation when you are not around to defend yourself or make your points known. That does not make your points any less valid, and I do use the information I find here when talking either on the air or to the general public. I just know that people tend to judge the person and not the message, especially on boards like this.

Alumguy: yes, I do, and that is why I want you guys to know what some of the public is thinking, and what you are up against.

Comment

geez Mike maybe we should quit now and go back to d2 and be just like those wunderful yotes.

Comment

Working...
            X