Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JackguyII  

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
     Anyways, regarding our fan base.  Yes it sucks.  For several reasons I believe.  First, UNC is a suitcase college.  Meaning, most of the students want to go home to either Denver or Colorado Springs on Saturdays and Sundays.  Second, we are competing for the attention against three in-state division 1a  teams.  One of which is located only 30 minutes away from Greeley.  Third, Greeley sucks.  It is a very slow pathetic city.  Most of our population is hispanic.  And not to sound racist, but I don't know of a lot of hispanics that like football.  Those are my reasons why we don't have a large fan base. I don't see the reasons why  MilwaukeeJacksAlum had to knock our academics.  Did I knock SDSU's academics?  Despite our pathetic fan base we are still deserving of at least the BSC taking a look at us.
    After reading that it seems like Fullerton and a few BSC presidents are on drugs not JackguyII. How could they look past two universities that are far superior to UNC. UNCbearsfan are you their supplier or something, because I don't know why they wouldn't take NDSU and SDSU over UNC any other conference would. Whatever, UNC can be in a conference thats filled with teams in big markets were no one cares about them. NDSU and SDSU are packing their bags and looking for a new potential conference it's time for the Gateway/Horizon or Mid Con. The Gateway is a better football conference anyway and both the other conferences are better at basketball.

Comment

BigJake and JackJD, ofcourse I realize he just made a typo, it was a joke.  Anyways, regarding our fan base.  Yes it sucks.  For several reasons I believe.  First, UNC is a suitcase college.  Meaning, most of the students want to go home to either Denver or Colorado Springs on Saturdays and Sundays.  Second, we are competing for the attention against three in-state division 1a  teams.  One of which is located only 30 minutes away from Greeley.  Third, Greeley sucks.  It is a very slow pathetic city.  Most of our population is hispanic.  And not to sound racist, but I don't know of a lot of hispanics that like football.  Those are my reasons why we don't have a large fan base. I don't see the reasons why  MilwaukeeJacksAlum had to knock our academics.  Did I knock SDSU's academics?  Despite our pathetic fan base we are still deserving of at least the BSC taking a look at us.
      UNCBears,
      You just summed up every reason why the BSC is making a mistake.  They seem to be stuck on location though.  Ill tell you what i think of UNC's location, i can take a crap on a millionaires yard and it is still a pile of dung surrounded by good things.  
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

UNC is an excellent institution of higher education.  This is an undeniable truth.

That said, UNC does not have the type of fan support enjoyed by both SDSU and NDSU.  Obviously the BSC does not place this as a high priority.  For public edification, the BSC has staked its decision based on the idea of location.  I believe at least two of the institutions (Sac State and Idaho State) have private agendas which prevented both SDSU and NDSU from being considered.  

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
          UNC is an excellent institution of higher education.  This is an undeniable truth.

That said, UNC does not have the type of fan support enjoyed by both SDSU and NDSU.  Obviously the BSC does not place this as a high priority.  For public edification, the BSC has staked its decision based on the idea of location.  I believe at least two of the institutions (Sac State and Idaho State) have private agendas which prevented both SDSU and NDSU from being considered.  
          I agree, I wish we knew more about what is going on at both institutions(Sac and PSU).  I heard rumors that they were kind of out of step with the rest of the BSC. It would appear that the rest of the BSC was not about to  show these two schools, Sac State and PSU, the exit. Again there may be a ton of reasons for not making that evident during the meeting. BSC bylaws etc , I think the game is  not over yet.

Comment

I don't see the reasons why  MilwaukeeJacksAlum had to knock our academics.  Did I knock SDSU's academics?  
            Sorry, unc.  

I wasn't knocking UNC's aCademics.  My intentions were to point out the irony in how you would start a toxic thread with so many mistaken premises while touting academics.  I have no personal knowledge of UNC's level of academia.  I just know that if I felt the urge to post UNCBEARFAN IS AN IDIOT, I'd probably make sure I knew what I was talking about before I made any bold statements about championships, etc.  Then again, as I've previously stated, I have a bad temper and can relate to someone letting their emotions get the better of them when trying to make a point.  Good luck in your bid to the Big Sky.  We'll see the Bears at Coughlin next year for what should be a great game.  

"You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

MilwaukeeJacksAlum,

What the heck are you doing?  Apologizing?  You sound like a guy that just got pegged and trash talked your way to first base, just to get picked off by a sly, lanky right handed hurler from the Armpit of SD.

UNC has no class.  Remember how the 96 game ended???

Comment

m11jacks,

If I remember correctly, the pickoff attempt was done while I was dusting off my uniform and the ump failed to give me time.  Also, in my defense, I never imagined anyone could make a pickoff throw to first while crying at the same time.  I just assumed you wouldn't be able to see first base through the tears.

By the way, you owe me an appendix.  Hardest hit you ever had was on me in practice.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

That's more like you.

Comment

Another thread that uncbearsfan started.  jack100 asked a nice question.

The question:

Originally posted by jack100

You forgot to add great facilities and fan support.  Were you over or under 700/ game for men's bb last year?  Over or under 4500 for largest crowd at a football game this year?

Comment

The answer:

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Under in Basketball

UNC averaged 619 fans per game with 13 home dates

Just over in football 4th in the Great west:

GREAT WEST CONFERENCE Att. . . G . . . Avg
                      North Dakota State . . . . . 79,614 . 6 . . 13,269
                      South Dakota State . . . . . 39,384 . 4 . . .9,846
                      Cal Poly SLO . . . . . . . . . . .41,974 . 5 . . . 8,395
                      Cal-Davis . . . . . . . . . . . . . 29,010 . 4 . . . 7,253
                      Northern Colorado . . . . . .27,370 . 6 . . . 4,562
                      Southern Utah . . . . . . . . .19,197 . 5 . . . 3,839

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I see that UNC put on a good showing for the Big Sky by only having 4,080 fans show up for the Idaho St. football game in Greeley this year.  Remember UNC this will be one of your new rivals if you get invited to the BSC.

To put it into perspective, the SDSU women's team had 4,739 fans show up for the NDSU game this year.  I don't care how many national championships the women win, if they start out-drawing our football team then we should start looking for a new football coach.

I can't wait for the women's equestrian team to start next year.  I hope your football team can out draw them.

Oh and don't give me the standard line "we only went 2-9 this year that is why our attendance was low" crap.  You had a 1-1 record at the time and lost to #17 Maine.  Your season was not over and they still had something to play for.

Good Luck with the BSC.  

Go State!!! ;D ;D ;D
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                        X