Southwest Minnesota State by 38??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southwest Minnesota State by 38??

Its really only those who are unsatisfied with their own accomplishments (or lack of) that find time to diparage the performance of others. The existance of those who continue to do so is a sad one. Even worse yet, they try to disguise is as "smack". Losers each and everyone, pity is again the word.

Jack MD,

You have been reading to much Shakespeare lately. Sounds like you stole those lines right out of one of his many plays.

Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
      If you think I am obsessed with the rabbitts you are wrong.
      I didn't necessarily say that I thought you were obsessed. I think, especially recently, your interest is more directed as observer and pot stirrer on this site. My post was directed more to those who spend their time on other sites dispensing mostly negative thoughts about the Jacks. I remain interested in the ol' NCC crew and will continue to follow their progress (although I generally only follow their football squads). However, my interest stops there. The only teams I would openly root against would be USD and Augie and probably now UND as they seem to think that SDSU's move to D1 was somehow meant to be a personal diss to their university.

The USD/Augie hatred is bred into my system as it is for many who attended SDSU. However, UNO, UND, SCSU, MSU, etc. were never much more than just another game on the schedule. You wanted to win, but it was generally never more than that. If UNO makes it to the post season in any of their sports, I imagine I would root for them. Why wouldn't I?

I guess that's where I'm perplexed. Why did many of the NCC schools feel SDSU's move to D1 (even more than NDSU's move) was somehow a personal shot to their respective university? Why does a UND fan get so personally vested in SDSU's athletic achievements that he is posting comments on websites and doing research on our 2005-6 basketball squad? Did I miss something during my 4 1/2 years at SDSU? Did we have this bitter rivalry with UND and I blocked it out? I don't even know UND's record in hoops this year and really could care less. I only know UNO's doing well because you told me so on this website.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I think the UND fans got so caught up with NDSU's move that took a greater interest in SDSU's move as well.  I don't think SDSU was that much of a rival to UND and the rest of the NCC instead SDSU was the top hoops program and were often one of teams NCC fans looked most forward to seeing. SDSU is playing alot of similar teams and they also probably want to see how the best hoops program handles the move to the next level. I don't think it has much to do with personal feelings other than SDSU paired up with their hated rival. I wouldn't get too caught up in what many of these NCC fans are saying though because most of them are uneducated on D1 and the process of transition. I guess when they can't smack you when your on top they had to wait and do it when your down.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

I guess that's where I'm perplexed.  Why did many of the NCC schools feel SDSU's move to D1 (even more than NDSU's move) was somehow a personal shot to their respective university?  Why does a UND fan get so personally vested in SDSU's athletic achievements that he is posting comments on websites and doing research on our 2005-6 basketball squad?  Did I miss something during my 4 1/2 years at SDSU?  Did we have this bitter rivalry with UND and I blocked it out?  I don't even know UND's record in hoops this year and really could care less.  I only know UNO's doing well because you told me so on this website.  
          I certainly don't think that UND viewed us as their biggest rivals nor do they hold more ill will towards us for our move than they do for NDSU. Almost everything I've seen from UND fans are negative things towards NDSU and not us. I'm sure some of the UND fans got tired of always dragging NDSU down and thought they could rag on us for a while, being that we are an easy target right now.
          I'm sure the UND fans blame us, along with NDSU, for weakening the NCC. NCC fans feel that we ruined their conference while saying "we're too good for you in the process." I have noticed that there are a lot of bad feelings out there for both us and NDSU. Kind of like the Big East being pissed at Miami and V.Tech for leaving for the ACC. We've done a good job of not worrying so much about what other people think and just looking out for whats best for us.

Comment

If your not hearing any negative dialogue than your not looking in the right place. UND fans are taking repeated shots at SDSU because they don't think we have the dollars or the facilities. The posters on the UND site think they are a better traveling partner for NDSU and truly don't feel SDSU is capable of fielding a DI program. Of course it really doesn't matter what they think as their administration is a long ways from making any move to DI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              SDSU fan

You are wrong about me being mavman. I am UNO Rules. Yes, I did make the remark about your attendence but it is bad. My point is that you have some questions marks coming into next season. Your schedule will get much tougher. Sure you have some of these games at home but Frost Arena is not a great home court advantage unless you have a good team to back it up. I said that I hope things get better and I meant that. That is not saying that I think things will get better. My take is that they will get better but not to the extent many of you think they will.

Mavs #1

So UNO Rules/ Mavericks#1 - what makes you an expert on SDSU's football recruiting class? You claim SDSU's recruiting class is average at best. How do know? Do know info on the recruits from AZ and CA? I would welcome your insight on these recruits.

Maybe the recruiting class was average. I do not claim to know. It is interesting that you think you know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by jack100

So UNO Rules/ Mavericks#1 - what makes you an expert on SDSU's football recruiting class?  You claim SDSU's recruiting class is average at best.  How do know?  Do know info on the recruits from AZ and CA?  I would welcome your insight on these recruits.

Maybe the recruiting class was average.  I do not claim to know.  It is interesting that you think you know what you are talking about.
                Good question. I too am not a recruiting guru but one recruiting source has our new QB ranked 15th best in all of I-AA. That is a heck of a start to having an above avg. recruiting class. ;D

http://www.showingblitz.com/2005topq...TC3yiO22LMAeEh

ShowingBlitz.com's
                Top 30 Quarterbacks
                (Class of 2005)

1. Sean Santos 6-0/180 New Orleans, LA (Holy Cross) Northwestern St.

2. Clint Bricker 6-2/208 Austin, TX (Westwood) Stephen F. Austin

3. Jordan Sorrells 6-1/200 Greenville, SC (Greenville) Furman

4. Chris Griffin 6-0/170 Lakeland, FL (Lakeland) Georgia Southern

5. Brian Wriston 6-0/178 Phoenix, AZ (Moon Valley) Northern Arizona

6. Clayton Tunney 6-3/194 Carlsbad, CA (La Costa Canyon) UC-Davis

7. Tyler Horner 6-3/195 Dayton, OH (Northmont) Southwest Missouri St.

8. Luke Butler 6-5/210 Pocatello, ID (Century) Idaho St.

9. Jameel Williams 5-11/180 Seffner, FL (Armwood) Bethune-Cookman

10. Eric Ward 6-3/180 Atlanta, GA (Southwest Dekalb) Richmond

11. Tony Hobson 6-3/200 Jackson, MS (Jim Hill) Alcorn St.

12. Andrew Hatch* 6-2/200 Las Vegas, NV (Cimarron) Harvard

13. Pat Grace 6-2/205 Sioux City, IA (Heelan) Northern Iowa

14. Antwon Young 6-4/185 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Plantation) Villanova

15. Ryan Crawford 6-2/205 Oro Valley, AZ (Ironwood Ridge) South Dakota St.

16. Nick Mertens 6-1/190 East Grand Forks, MN (E. Grand Forks) North Dakota St.

17. Brandon Smith 6-0/175 Danville, KY (Boyle County) Western Kentucky

18. Clint Stapp 6-3/213 Niwot, CO (Niwot) Montana

19. Brian Anderson* 6-1/185 Jacksonville, IL (Jacksonville) Princeton

20. Derrick Fourroux 6-1/195 Erath, LA (Erath) McNeese St.

21. Ben Widmyer 6-0/195 Coeur d'Alene, ID (Lake City) Wofford

22. Zach Harrington 6-2/180 Hattiesburg, MS (Oak Grove) Southeastern Louisiana

23. Jarrett Dunston 6-3/210 Raleigh, NC (Southeast Raleigh) Hampton

24. Shane Connolly* 6-2/185 Endwell, NY (Maine-Endwell) Cornell

25. Mitch Brecke 6-0/170 Plymouth, MN (Maple Grove) North Dakota St.

26. Kris Thigpen 6-4/190 Taylorsville, MS (Taylorsville) Jackson St.

27. Brett McLennan 6-2/185 Eugene, OR (South Eugene) Sacramento St.

28. Bryant Lee 6-2/185 Hahnville, LA (Hahnville) Southern

29. Levi Brown 6-2/180 Mt. Juliet, TN (Mt. Juliet) Richmond

30. Jacob Hundley 6-5/238 Jackson, KY (Breathitt County) Eastern Kentucky

Go State! ;D

Comment

Haven't been on this site much in the last 10 days but how things have changed!! I never thought I would see the day that there would be so much fighting among the "Rabbit Nation". The 2 subjects that seem to be of particular note are
                  1. harping on Coach Nagy and his sudden descent from paradise to big trouble with his won/loss record. Lots of bitterness and angst among the fans.
                  2. complaining about your students who apparently aren't as much into the d1 move as you fans are.
                  Don't know how things will eventually work out but the tone on this site is significantly less optimistic then it was last fall.
                  It reminds me so much of UMKC but then that is another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    Haven't been on this site much in the last 10 days but how things have changed!! I never thought I would see the day that there would be so much fighting among the "Rabbit Nation". The 2 subjects that seem to be of particular note are
                    1. harping on Coach Nagy and his sudden descent from paradise to big trouble with his won/loss record. Lots of bitterness and angst among the fans.
                    2. complaining about your students who apparently aren't as much into the d1 move as you fans are.
                    Don't know how things will eventually work out but the tone on this site is significantly less optimistic then it was last fall.
                    Normally I don't dignify your posts with a response, but in this case . . .

Your continual dredging up of UMKC's unfortunate experience in D-I (with appropriate props for their recent run and 9-1 record in the MidCon) has exactly zero relevance to SDSU.

SDSU is a basketball school. In three years, we'll be beating UMKC with regularity on the court. Heck, we came close with a team with no senior or junior leadership AT ALL and a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears freshmen and deer-in-the-headlights sophomores, on UMKC's home court. Well, home floor. OK, home pole barn. Jeepers, Brookings' Swiftel Center runs rings around Hale Arena as an alternate home for basketball. Plus, the parking is more convenient.

How about putting UMKC's women up against SDSU's Lady Jacks? Anywhere. Anytime. It would be major news if the Roos lost by only 20.

Meanwhile, how do you think UMKC's football team will do this year? Could they take SDSU this year?

Oh, right, right, sorry, my mistake. UMKC is a I-AAA school. One more A than SDSU is. That's gotta sting.

p.s. I really do want the Roos to make the NCAA Tournament this year, it would do the program and KC area college basketball a world of good. They'd still get blown out by Duke or Kansas in the first round, but even so . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Haven't been on this site much in the last 10 days but how things have changed!!  I never thought I would see the day that there would be so much fighting among the "Rabbit Nation".  The 2 subjects that seem to be of particular note are
                      1.  harping on Coach Nagy and his sudden descent from paradise to big trouble with his won/loss record.  Lots of bitterness and angst among the fans.
                      2.  complaining about your students who apparently aren't as much into the d1 move as you fans are.
                      Gosh its funny UNO Rules made this exact post over on D2Football. ???

Comment

Mr Filbert, I admire your fanaticism. Anybody who drives 7 hours to brookings to see a struggling team is a true fan. In the future you might want to stop off in omaha and see a couple of good teams play - uno and creighton - on your way to brookings.
                        I agree you probably will be better than umkc in 3 years - so what? They play at the bottom of d1.

Comment

UMKC has a better chance this year of making the Big Dance then either Creighton or UNO. Wow look I am sticking up for UMKC.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Mr Filbert, I admire your fanaticism. Anybody who drives 7 hours to brookings to see a struggling team is a true fan. In the future you might want to stop off in omaha and see a couple of good teams play - uno and creighton - on your way to brookings.
                            I agree you probably will be better than umkc in 3 years - so what? They play at the bottom of d1.
                            I'm sure I'll be in Omaha soon enough, to watch the Jacks take on the Blue Jays. Next year, if my info is correct, I'll be down the road in Lincoln watching SDSU take on the Huskers.

How come you're bailing on the Roos? They're actually (finally) playing pretty well . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X