No announcement yet.

Might this be SDSU in a few years???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Might this be SDSU in a few years???

By the way if Filbert and 89 Rabbit are ever looking for something to do in KC they might want to go over and see Rockhurst Univ women play basketball. That MAY be what is in SDSU's men's future. They recently transitioned from naia to d2 and are struggling mightily. They are 1-24. I guess transitions can be very hard. Might that be SDSU men in the future? It is something to ponder.

Comment

I think winning against the PR team yesterday was a big deal when you consider, Coach Nagy did that with a seven man rotation. Also Nagy went to the Regional finals two years ago with walkon some that are still playing namely Hokensen and Giever. Next year will never be a repeat of this year. The total wins will be more than 8 I can assure you that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        By the way if Filbert and 89 Rabbit are ever looking for something to do in KC they might want to go over and see Rockhurst Univ women play basketball.  That MAY be what is in SDSU's men's future.  They recently transitioned from naia to d2 and are struggling mightily. They are 1-24.  I guess transitions can be very hard.  Might that be SDSU men in the future?  It is something to ponder.
        When Mav started this thread I thought how stupid to compare SSU to SDSU.  Congrats BigJake you topped your buddy.  It is more stupid to compare the Rockhurst Women's Basketball team to the SDSU Women's Basketball team.  Jake, have you seen our record this season?  :  

Nov. 9 Southwest Minnesota State (exhib.) W, 94-74
        Nov. 13 Minnesota State, Mankato W, 68-41
        Nov. 15 Concordia-St. Paul (Minn.)  W, 79-62
        Nov. 19 Cal State Bakersfield Turlock, W, 77-61
        Nov. 20 Cal State Stanislaus Turlock, Calif. W, 96-32
        Nov. 25 Rutgers (N.J.) Univ. of the Virgin Islands L, 50-68
        Nov. 26 Kentucky Univ. of the Virgin Islands  W, 57-55
        Nov. 27 Oregon State Univ. of the Virgin Islands L, 65-68
        Dec. 4 Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill.  W, 67-42
        Dec. 6 Texas State San Marcos, Texas  W, 89-61
        Dec. 11 Southern California Los Angeles, Calif. L, 59-66
        Dec. 18 Wisconsin-Eau Claire Frost Arena  W, 77-62
        Dec. 19 Loras (Iowa)  W, 93-45
        Dec. 21 Ferris State (Mich.)  W, 100-48
        Dec. 28 Purdue (Ind.) West Lafayette, Ind. L, 50-57
        Dec. 30 Oklahoma State Stillwater, Okla.  W, 89-61
        Jan. 3 Middle Tennessee State Murfreesboro, Tenn.  W, 58-56
        Jan. 5 Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala.   W, 86-83
        Jan. 15 Wisconsin-Milwaukee Milwaukee, Wis.  W, 58-36
        Jan. 18 Wisconsin-Green Bay Green Bay, Wis. 7 p.m. L, 52-86
        Jan. 22 North Dakota State  L, 68-78
        Jan. 23 Briar Cliff (Iowa)  W, 75-37
        Jan. 29 IPFW Fort Wayne, Ind. W, 90-73
        Feb. 1 Northern State Aberdeen, S.D. W, 82-50
        Feb. 9 Si Tanka (Huron)  W, 94-59
        Feb. 12 Sioux Falls  W, 102-47
        Feb. 16 Doane (Neb.)  W, 86-48

We are 20-6 with 8 D-I wins.  We crushed Oklahoma State of the Big XII at their place.  I think we are doing ok with our transition to D-I, but thank you for your concern.

Thanks also for the entertainment tip.  I can't speak for Filbert but I am going to watch my Jackrabbits play the University of Kansas Jayhawks later today.  We opened the Baseball season with them.  I see that UNO opens the season with Missouri Western College, best of luck to you.  D-II was great when my college was playing in it, but now that we are D-I, I have very little interest in the lessor divisions.   So you shouldn't expect to see me at any Rockhurst University Women's games    8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Good thing it's your baseball team that is playing the Jayhawks and not your basketball team. You think Southwest Minnesota State put a whoopin on you. Bill Self's team wouldn't beat you by 38, they would beat you by 138!!

Mavs #1

Comment

That MAY be what is in SDSU's men's future.
            He is comparing them to the guys team, not womens.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo

He is comparing them to the guys team, not womens.
              Good catch. However that makes it worse.  What does a small urban private Catholic college women's basketball team moving form NAIA to D-II have to do with SDSU's Men's team?

That is a worse comparison then his oft mentioned UMKC Kangaroos.  :

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Hey Mavs,

Our last trip to Lawrence to play the Jayhawks in Men's basketball we lost by 12.  Has UNO done better?

Go State!  ;D

Comment

BigJake, this was lame even for you.

Going over to Lawrence to watch the Jayhawks men MAY show SDSU's future, too.

Or, going to UMKC, or Missouri, or Kansas State, or Drake, or SMSU, or Tulsa, or St. Louis, or Creighton, or Nebraska, or Northern Iowa, or Southern Illinois, or SEMO, or Western Kentucky, or Arkansas-Little Rock, or Oral Roberts, or Wichita State, or Bradley, or Montana State, or Weber State, or Savannah State. There's a whole wide range of possible futures. So what?

Try again with something more relevant or coherent.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I swear sometimes I feel like I make very cogent points that just get ripped to shreads.  Rock. Univ women are having a hard time in their transition as is SDSU bb men.  Is there much point in disputing that?  No other point was made other than transition is HARD.  Just ask scott nagy, your soccer coach, your swimming coach, and I suspect coach sig when he pulls a UNC and drops back a level or so next year.  
                    It seems like the only comparison you will allow are from rural schools that are land grants institutions with student populations of 10k, who have cold winters, miserable summers and who live in towns of 10k people.  That eliminates any and every comparison ever made bc you are the only school in america that fits that specific profile.  So any comparison is invalid in your mind unless it discusses sdsu being wildly successful in d1.
                    I would have mentioned equestrian too but I can't find that thread any place.

Comment

I swear sometimes I feel like I make very cogent points that just get ripped to shreads. Rock. Univ women are having a hard time in their transition as is SDSU bb men. Is there much point in disputing that? No other point was made other than transition is HARD. Just ask scott nagy, your soccer coach, your swimming coach, and I suspect coach sig when he pulls a UNC and drops back a level or so next year.
                      It seems like the only comparison you will allow are from rural schools that are land grants institutions with student populations of 10k, who have cold winters, miserable summers and who live in towns of 10k people. That eliminates any and every comparison ever made bc you are the only school in america that fits that specific profile. So any comparison is invalid in your mind unless it discusses sdsu being wildly successful in d1.
                      I would have mentioned equestrian too but I can't find that thread any place.
                      See, this is why I really dislike 'smack' discussions.

I assume you read my last post. It is obvious you did not understand it. Did you see the last school I mentioned in my list?

I conclude that further discussion with you on this topic is pointless.

Good luck to you, UNO, and UMKC.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X