Fan support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fan support

'89Rabbit, I know that it has almost every sport. What I mean is that the BSC focuses more on football and members focus more on football then other sports. Makes sense?

Comment

So let me get this straight,  your detailed analysis on why UNC is a great fit/better fit for the Big Sky then the SUs is:  We won 2 D-II football championships in the '90s.  :

Come on I expect more from you then that.  You are dying to post on this subject.  Please try again.  Or don't it really dosen't matter to us, but if you are going to post about it, bring it. Otherwise, quite wasting our time.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

so harsh '89rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
           How many NCC championships has SDSU won?    
          NCC Football Championships

South Dakota State - 14

Northern Colorado - 5

North Dakota State -26

Looks like the SUs win again.  8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

so harsh '89rabbit
            So soft uncbearsfan. Bear Down. :

Go State! ;D

Comment

Well, then '89rabbit I guess you deserve to be in the Big SKy more then us. I give up. In fact, UNC shouldn't even be in Division 1aa. Let a lone be on the same field as you guys. If the Big Sky does let us in, I'll write an e-mail to the BSC officials encouraging them to take you and the su's in instead! You win. You win.

Comment

uncbearsfan,

I have never said that UNC isn't deserving of an invite to the Big Sky Conference.  On the contrary I think you have a fine school and will be a great addition to the BSC.  

I take exception when you come on here and imply that you are more deserving then the SUs for any reason other then location.  If you think there are more reasons then location that is fine, if you want to convince us of that that is fine too.  Just understand that it is going to be a tough sell.  

I have said many times before, and I mean it, best of luck to UNC and your quest for an invite to the BSC.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Well, then '89rabbit I guess you deserve to be in the Big SKy more then us.  I give up.  In fact, UNC shouldn't even be in Division 1aa.  Let a lone be on the same field as you guys.  If the Big Sky does let us in, I'll write an e-mail to the BSC officials encouraging them to take you and the su's in instead! You win.  You win.  
                  Don't come to our site trumping up UNC without acknowledging the merits of SDSU and then whine when we point out the faults in your argument. Fact, UNC is getting a look form the BSC because of geography. Nothing more to say.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

'89rabbit and jackmd, I guess then we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. You won't convince me and I won't convince you on who's a better fit to be in the bsc. Can we agree on this and move on?

Comment

as soon as you convince us that the gateway is a basketball conference. ;D ;D
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

jackrabbit1979, What I mean by a basketball conference, is that I notice more teams in the Gateway conference as basketball powers, rather then football. I could be incorrect, because I don't follow college basketball really until the tourny. Am I wrong? It's more of a question, then a point.

Comment

The Gateway is a football only conference who's members come from different all sports conferences.  Schools from the Missouri Valley, Mid-Con, Sunbelt, and Horizon League are represented in the Gateway.  

The Gateway is recognized as one of the power confences in I-AA Football.  Western Kentucky won the National Championship in 2002.

http://www.gatewayfootball.org/

Go State!  ;D

Comment

jackrabbit1979,  What I mean by a basketball conference, is that I notice more teams in the Gateway conference as basketball powers, rather then football.  I could be incorrect, because I don't follow college basketball really until the tourny. Am I wrong?  It's more of a question, then a point.
                            This post is exactly what I would expect from the average UNC fan, all 200 of them. I can see why Portland St, Suc St, and the other bottom dwellers in the BSC would welcome UNC. Misery loves company.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I can't make a mistake?

Comment

Support in Greeley lacking for the Bears:
                                http://apps.greeleytribune.com/gpcpo...amp;pollID=241

Here is another interesting fact that I saw on a different board.

Top 10 Butler-Hancock Hall Crowds
                                1. 4,674 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee (3/18/89)
                                2. 4,429 vs. Augustana (2/23/89)
                                3. 4,013 vs. Alaska-Farbanks (3/17/89)
                                4. 3,875 vs. South Dakota State (2/7/89)
                                5. 3,586 vs. Air Force (2/4/75)
                                6. 3,104 vs. South Dakota (1/19/89)
                                7. 2,932 vs. Metro State (12/5/86)
                                8. 2,903 vs. Nebraska-Omaha (1/21/89)
                                9. 2,877 vs. North Dakota State (2/11/89)
                                10. 2,618 vs. Denver (12/17/88

No crowd above 2,618 for the last 17 years that is kind of sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X