X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Article in the Argus Leader.

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
    ....or even the Miller National Guard Armory
    I've actually played basketball on both the Dome court and about 300 games on the Miller court.  The Miller court is a much better place to play a game.  Now hold on, because I'm going to put my second emoticon ever in here.    There.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff
      Good to know that SDSU administrators didn't care about people's freedom of speech.
      For clarification purposes, the Frost would legally qualify as a quasi-public/quasi-private forum. Under those situations, the general public does not enjoy the full benefits of their otherwise constitutionally mandated personal rights. This is similar to when a school newspaper is censored for some reason or another by the administrators. Thus, SDSU (and USD in the dome for that matter) has every right to enforce a censorship of sorts when telling people to take down signs or turn their shirts inside out. They are not infringing on anyone's rights.

This was something I learned in lawschool in between naps and before I became an ambulance chaser (that one was for you jackmd).
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        This was something I learned in lawschool in between naps and before I became an ambulance chaser (that one was for you jackmd).
        Call me, I have a lot of patients with smoking induced lung disease (some who never smoked) and I'd like to supplement my income.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

For clarification purposes, the Frost would legally qualify as a quasi-public/quasi-private forum.  Under those situations, the general public does not enjoy the full benefits of their otherwise constitutionally mandated personal rights.  This is similar to when a school newspaper is censored for some reason or another by the administrators.  Thus, SDSU (and USD in the dome for that matter) has every right to enforce a censorship of sorts when telling people to take down signs or turn their shirts inside out.  They are not infringing on anyone's rights.  

I didn't think I would ever again hear the term quasi-public forum. We devoted about 3 weeks of our 1st Amendment rights class to what Prof. Day called "T-shirt Gate." He even had me do my paper on T-Shirt Gate, I had to do interviews with everyone involved, etc. I don't know if you ever had Prof. Day, but man when you get him sidetracked he can go all day.

Comment

MJA- I figured as much
            Sbuff-you aint kidding, does Pike get him going?
            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Working...
            X