Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mueller
    We beat Southwest Minnesota by 16. How did you guys do against them?
    Get real. We had the most succesful men's BB program in the history of the NCC and will continue to have the most storied history of any NCC program. The legacy of SDSU DII basketball will never die even as we develop our niche in DI.

Stick with USD but always remember, when it comes to athletics, especially BB, you'll always be trying to live up to the SDSU standard (gotta love the facts). My opinion, good goal but not achievable with the current admin.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Get real.  We had the most succesful men's BB program in the history of the NCC and will continue to have the most storied history of any NCC program.  The legacy of SDSU DII basketball will never die even as we develop our niche in DI.

Stick with USD but always remember, when it comes to athletics, especially BB, you'll always be trying to live up to the SDSU standard (gotta love the facts).  My opinion, good goal but not achievable with the current admin.
      Hate to say it, but the most storied history of any NCC program is probably NDSU. But I would never tell my buddies from ND that.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Hate to say it, but the most storied history of any NCC program is probably NDSU. But I would never tell my buddies from ND that.

In football, WBB, and wresting, i think you could argue that. In Men's Bball i think SDSU has a viable argument. Although i do think NDSU leads the all time series between the two schools.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Reread the post, talking men's BB here.

NDSU does lead the all time series 97-89 but they have only won the NCC outright twice since 1960 (8 total) and have appeared in the NCAA tourney only 8 times (last in 97 I believe).  They have never made the elite 8.

That hardly compares to 20 conference titles, 24 post-season appearances, a national title and a runner-up finish.  Maybe I'm missing something but thats not likely.  SDSU men's BB has the most storied history by far of any current or previous NCC team.  Fact.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

FYI, SDSU has 8 regional championships.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Reread the post, talking men's BB here.
              My bad, I didn't notice that you were talking about men's basketball, I was referring to all sports.

Comment

My bad, I didn't notice that you were talking about men's basketball, I was referring to all sports.
                Understandable and as far as all-sports are concerned I would give NDSU the nod, but would say the SDSU has closed the gap some in recent years.

Comment

JackMD-Don't forget Creighton was once a member of the NCC (14 NCAA I berths). Besides them, noone past or present even compares to State's MBB program. Was at the United Center for the Creighton v. Florida upset four years ago, Korvers the best shooting hick since the young man from French Lick
                  Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Good game Mueller. I wish we had you on our team at uno just like I am sure the good people at sdsu would have loved to have had you on their team. You go out the way you came in - as a WINNER!!

Comment

I don't think Nagy and the Boys are doing much sitting but rather getting ready for another DI season beginning with Illinois next year. USD most likely will be one and done in the regional like last year.

Comment

OK we will be playing for a championship unlike u guys. Oh wait u guys are going to be playing Illinois next year big deal. What looks better playing a #1 team in last years poll or winning a championship humm. Good luck next year i mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          I don't think Nagy and the Boys are doing much sitting but rather getting ready for another DI season beginning with Illinois next year. USD most likely will be one and done in the regional like last year.
                          USD won their first round game last year in the regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by usdcoyotes
                            OK we will be playing for  a championship unlike u guys. Oh wait u guys are going to be playing Illinois next year big deal. What looks better playing a #1 team in last years poll or winning a championship humm. Good luck next year i mean that.
                            Your a long way from winning a championship. I honestly feel better about the direction of our programs in DI even though the defenition of success for us is no longer winning National Championships.

Comment

Fake Mueller,

I don't care whether you are the real kid or not, but, this is for fans of Mueller everywhere...

You're suspect. Your sportsmanship on the court will forever prevent you from being a true champion - because a real champion earns the respect of those they play with and those that watch them play.

And, just to take another jab, USD's Journalism program is shyte.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks02
                                And, just to take another jab, USD's Journalism program is shyte.
                                Witness the grammatically incorrect title of this thread.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X