Mav1 or Mueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mav1 or Mueller?

Thought this deserved it's own thread, OK(wicked smart)Rabbit posted this on another thread....

Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?
    « Reply #111 on: Today at 8:02am » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just so we all know, fake Mueller is Mavs#1.

Look at the source of his avatar image. It's user jr4311 using photobucket.com to host the image. In a remarkable coincidence, Mavs#1 also uses user jr4311 at photobucket.com to host his avatar and many other images.

I'm a supporter of a diversity of voices on this board. But that doesn't include misrepresenting yourself as someone you are not, or signing up with multiple identities.

Do we have rules about multiple identities? The PHPbb system I host allows the administrator to make IP addresses from which people post visible, so we can see where people are posting from. That might help us determine who is real and who is fake. It would be hard for Mavs#1 to post from Vermillion if he's living in Omaha, and the IP address would give that away.

I enjoy the smack, but I don't think we have any responsibility to tolerate people who lie to us by creating a series of multiple fake identities.

Re: Mav1 or Mueller?

Shouldn't it be fairly easy to determine if people are using fake identities? In the lower right of each post there is text that says "IP Logged". All that would be needed would be to check the IP addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentia
      Shouldn't it be fairly easy to determine if people are using fake identities?  In the lower right of each post there is text that says "IP Logged".  All that would be needed would be to check the IP addresses.
      Yes, and even better, you can set phpBB to display IPs with each post. That would make us all police officers and would ease the burden on the moderator.

Comment

frankly, you're all speaking Greek to me. I know how to burn CDs and download MP3s if that helps.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Good work Rabbitlivinginverm!! i knew you never doing anything at work would pay off some day!!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
            frankly, you're all speaking Greek to me.  I know how to burn CDs and download MP3s if that helps.
            I hear ya MJA. I can access the internet and microsoft word and that is about it when it comes to computers. I can't even get a picture by my login name.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks02
              Good work Rabbitlivinginverm!! i knew you never doing anything at work would pay off some day!!

I can't take credit for this. Okrabbit had posted it on another thread and I just moved it to its own. I'm in the boat with MJA, I need help just to turn one of these damn things on

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                Yes, and even better, you can set phpBB to display IPs with each post. That would make us all police officers and would ease the burden on the moderator.
                That one would be up to our administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

That one would be up to our administrator.
                  Well yes, I realize that. I administer a similar board. Just a suggestion. Maybe I should keep them to myself.

Comment

No, not at all. It is a good idea, I am just unable to effect that change. Sorry if the message was short, I had just gotten back from a three day business trip.

Comment

Working...
                    X