Augie better facilities than D1 SDSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie better facilities than D1 SDSU?

Could it be that Augustana, you know that little D2 Lutheran school down the road might have better football facilities than the Rabbitts. Better get that high school stadium fixed up or Augie might just steal some recruits.

Augustana Receives $1 Million Gift from Bob and Kari Hall

SIOUX FALLS - Last fall, Augustana College honored Bob and Kari Hall with the Milt and Clara Harvey Award for their generous support of the college’s athletic programs.

Today, Augustana is pleased to announce a gift of $1 million from the Halls for a football locker room and training facility. The new facility will be part of the present football complex and the entire area will be known as the Hall Football Complex in honor of Bob and Kari, and Bob’s father and mother, the late Bill and Irene Hall.

“As a member of the Augustana staff, Bob has shared with us his passion for football and his commitment to student-athletes for many years,” said Augustana President Bruce Halverson. “We have benefited from not only his generosity, but his professional presence on our campus and we are most grateful for Kari’s and Bob’s continued caring for Augustana and our students.”

Bob is Augustana’s football equipment manager, but has supported the program in many other ways. The Halls purchased a trailer to transport equipment for road games and Bob pulls it with his own vehicle. The Halls also provided the new game uniforms the Vikings are wearing this season. The flooring in the weight room at the Bill Hall Football Complex, as well as many of the weight machines, were provided by the Halls.

Bob and Kari are members of the Augustana Booster Club and are generous supporters of the Auction and Sam Milanovich Golf Tournament. Kari Hall graduated from Augustana in 1969.

“Once again the Halls have stepped forward with a tremendous gift in support of Augustana football,” said Augie Athletic Director Bill Gross. “We are sincerely appreciative for Bob and Kari’s continued commitment to Augustana athletics.”

Go Mavs! ;D

Re: Augie better facilities than D1 SDSU?

Please, our new scoreboards cost more then that.  :  Our Wellness Center will cost over $5 million.  You D-II boys are too easily impressed.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. However, it might give Augie a recruiting edge over UNO.  You might want to get your check book out Maverick, UNO needs you.

Comment

Good thing you got those new scoreboards for those huge games against Mo. Rolla and D3 Wisconsin Lacrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        P.S. However, it might give Augie an edge over UNO.  You might want to get your check book out Maverick, UNO needs you.
        I'm willing to bet that there's not much money in Mav1's checkbook... :P

Comment

I think Mav's mouth is bigger than his philanthropic spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Good thing you got those new scoreboards for those huge games against Mo. Rolla and D3 Wisconsin Lacrosse.
            My guess is the Jackrabbit crowds will love them. Did I mention that we Avg. 9,846 fans per game at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium last season. How did your D-II team draw?

Go State! ;D

Comment

It is ironic that a guy who lives in Vermillion, SD where the median wage is just over minimum wage is running smack on mav 1 for not having any money.  I suspect that Rabbit in Verm lives in a trailer bc I think that is just about all they have in Verm.  In fact Dave Boots probably lives in the same trailer park.  We in omaha have some serious "jack".  (no pun intended).  Remember fellas - the 2nd richest person in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha. There is money here.
              PS - I do have to give props to your fb team though now that you are up to 42 rides on the way to 63. You are making progress - albeit slow.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                Remember fellas - the 2nd richest person in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha. There is money here.
                How much money did Warren Buffett give to UNO last year?  ???

Go State! ;D

Comment

It is ironic that a guy who lives in Vermillion, SD where the median wage is just over minimum wage is running smack on mav 1 for not having any money.  I suspect that Rabbit in Verm lives in a trailer bc I think that is just about all they have in Verm.  In fact Dave Boots probably lives in the same trailer park.  We in omaha have some serious "jack".  (no pun intended).  Remember fellas - the 2nd richest person in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha. There is money here.
                  You must have been spending your 30 days in jail for DUI 2nd offense when we discussed this. I moved from Vermillion over 6 months ago. About 3 months ago, I cut all ties with Vermillion by my fiance moving our of our apartment while she's on clinicals--haven't been back since. Thanks for caring.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

You must have been spending your 30 days in jail for DUI 2nd offense when we discussed this.  I moved from Vermillion over 6 months ago.  About 3 months ago, I cut all ties with Vermillion by my fiance moving our of our apartment while she's on clinicals--haven't been back since.  Thanks for caring.

No, that was me. Big Jake has only had the pleasure of being in rabbitt prison once.

Go Mavs! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

How much money did Warren Buffett give to UNO last year?  ???

Go State!  ;D

I think he donated a couch from Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Go Mavs! ;D

Comment

No, that was me. Big Jake has only had the pleasure of being in rabbitt prison once.

Go Mavs!   ;D
                        Your first run in with "the law" was more like a visit to the County Jail with work release. You could still post, but you only had one thread that you could do it in. You shared that fate with a couple of your pals. You alone have had your posting privileges revoked (only for 30 days). So you are inmate #1 in "rabbit prison".

Go State! ;D

Comment

Go Mavs!   ;D
                          LOL!  ;D

Go State! ;D

Comment

PS - I do have to give props to your fb team though now that you are up to 42 rides on the way to 63.  You are making progress - albeit slow.

You are right Jake, the poverty level in Vermillion is much higher than Omaha. :

And that same median wage in Vermillion is paying for a lot more than that median wage in Omaha. Wait a minute, i am sticking up for Vermillion. I owe ten Hail Mary's and Five Our Father's. I am sorry i have sinned.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Go Mavs!   ;D
                              Now there's some of that old Mav1 humor I came to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X