Time to start a Conference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start a Conference!

Now that State and NDSU are scrambling for a conference, maybe it is time to start one of our own. I wouldn't be so sure some others would start calling...

Can't think of any cool names for the conference.

I'll beat MAVs to the punch to stiffle his responses.

B2 Conference... "Big 2"
    NSB COnference... (Not-so Big 2)
    SUC..... Schedule Us Conference (That kinda sucks)
    WWC... Wild West Conference
    MPL .....Meat and Potato League
    Sunshine Conference
    4 Season Conference
    GPC - Greased Pig Conference
    CBC - Cow Bell Conference

You could promote the mild winter temperatures, the cold spring weather, close proximity to a metropolitan area, and most of all - Pork Night.

Re: Time to start a Conference!

If that is all you got, maybe you should start in the shallow end of the smack board.  : That is kind of sad and embarrassing all at the same time. :'( :-[

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I'm sorry!

Show me to the back of the line of real SMACKERs. It must have worked to get a response from the MODERATOR....

I didn't know there was a hierarchy established in your world of SMACK!

You have entered some real beauties yourself and look at all the intelligent topics...Trolls, Dumb Nebraska Laws, UNO Humor, Push Yourself From the Table.

I forgot that 89rabbit is the MAN! Have you read your $Mack - Crap - or are you all wrapped up in yourself as the ultimate JACK FAN!

Please answer this - just how many SDSU sporting events did you attend this year. I attended 2 football games - 5 basketball games - watched the wrestling dual - and get this I even watched a volleyball match. Oh - and a double-header baseball event.

So lay it out 89rabbit....were you there supporting the Jacks or were you sitting behind your website - talking SMACK to everyone in order to move up to the TOP OF SMACK!

I love this webstie - Love the JACKS but please....put your tape away when measuring my SMACK!

Comment

MeatCutter71,

So let me get this straight, you are a Jackrabbit fan who is smacking his own team.  Maybe you are not ready for even the shallow end.  Do you understand how smack works?  

Since you asked.  I have season tickets to both Football and Basketball and I am a member of the Jackrabbit club.  I also work as a volunteer to help raise money for athletic scholorships.  I live in Kansas City and drive 6 hrs. for home games.  

Football - I went to all the home games and "get this" 1 away game.  I went to Baton Rouge to see the Jackrabbits beat the Jaguars of Southern University.

Basketball - 4 Men's home games, 1 Men's away.  I also saw the Women play once at home.  

Baseball - 1 Home game, 7 away games (I saw the Jacks play twice this week in Manhattan,KS).

You got me on Wrestling and Volleyball.  

MeatCutter, sorry if I made you mad, but if you smack the Jacks there is a good chance I will smack you back, ask Mav, Big Jake, or sports_buff.  Remember you are supposed to smack the other guys not the Jackrabbits.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Thanks for Backing the Jacks (really).  I am glad you made it to some of the games I know the kids and the University appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          MeatCutter71,

So let me get this straight, you are a Jackrabbit fan who is smacking his own team.  Maybe you are not ready for even the shallow end.  Do you understand how smack works?  

Since you asked.  I have season tickets to both Football and Basketball and I am a member of the Jackrabbit club.  I also work as a volunteer to help raise money for athletic scholorships.  I live in Kansas City and drive 6 hrs. for home games.  

Football - I went to all the home games and "get this" 1 away game.  I went to Baton Rouge to see the Jackrabbits beat the Jaguars of Southern University.

Basketball - 4 Men's home games, 1 Men's away.  I also saw the Women play once at home.  

Baseball - 1 Home game, 7 away games (I saw the Jacks play twice this week in Manhattan,KS).

You got me on Wrestling and Volleyball.  

MeatCutter, sorry if I made you mad, but if you smack the Jacks there is a good chance I will smack you back, ask Mav, Big Jake, or sports_buff.  Remember you are supposed to smack the other guys not the Jackrabbits.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Thanks for Backing the Jacks (really).  I am glad you made it to some of the games I know the kids and the University appreciate it.

89 Rabbitt,

I am impressed that you would drive six hours to every football home game. I hope that you didn't drive six hours to watch the Morningside or Wayne State games. Is there any rabbitt fans as dedicated as you? I will know to fire off some good rants on the days of the Rabbitt home games and then modify them before you get back (just kidding) That burning smell that occurs as you drive past Omaha is the Mavericks because they are smoking right now. Any other smell I will blame on Council Bluffs.  

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

89 Rabbitt,

Is there any rabbitt fans as dedicated as you?

Mavs#1
            I am sure there are many rabbit fan more dedicated then I. I am but a humble servant of the Jackrabbit Nation. ;D

Go State! ;D

Comment

89 Rabbitt,

I am impressed that you would drive six hours to every football home game. I hope that you didn't drive six hours to watch the Morningside or Wayne State games. Is there any rabbitt fans as dedicated as you? I will know to fire off some good rants on the days of the Rabbitt home games and then modify them before you get back (just kidding) That burning smell that occurs as you drive past Omaha is the Mavericks because they are smoking right now. Any other smell I will blame on Council Bluffs.

Mavs#1
              Yes, there are. Me.

I don't regret either the Morningside or Wayne State trips, except for the part of the trip through the Omaha area. If you want to disassociate Council Bluffs from the rest of the Omaha metro area, perhaps you could refresh our memory on why I-29 studiously avoids Nebraska in favor of Iowa.

Not that that is much better, mind you.

I could tell you stories about the upkeep (or lack thereof) of various Omaha area facilities. My most memorable is the Taco Bell bathroom in Council Bluffs off I80/29. In order to keep this PG-13 and yet give some idea of the horrors you can find in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metropolitan area, simply envision opening the restroom door to discover a pile of dirty underwear in the Taco Bell bathroom. There is more to tell, but that's enough. It was far uglier than anything I've ever seen in Frost Arena, either on the court or otherwise. Far, far uglier.

You and/or Jake what's his/her name, our resident Omaha Forrest Gumps, can go ahead and exult all day long on how wonderful the Omaha area is. Sorry, I've seen how wonderful it is. And so, I'll wait until I get to Missouri Valley for a bio-break from now on.

Run, Forrest, Run!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I say this without exaggeration that 89 rabbit may have one of the nicest spouses in america. I don't know many women that would let their husbands go on weekend trips away from home to watch sports. I can pull that off occasionally but not to the extent that you can. I am not missed at all but rather my babysitting skills are. I am jealous and that is no exaggeration.
                By the way if the MRs. does start to get tired of the 7 hour trips to Brookings you can cut your trip in half by just stopping in Omaha and going to UNO events instead.
                Also, if times ever do get financially tough you can always give up your season tix for fb and bb fully understanding that nowadays you can walk in either at tip off or at kickoff and a great seat at midcourt or the 50 yard line without a reservation.

Comment

My wife is very nice, however I do not leave her home alone. Jackrabbit sports are a family affair at my household. As you already know we bought a new Mini Van to make the trips more comfortable. 8)

Go State! ;D

P.S. You must have missed this headline.

SDSU ranks among attendance leaders

South Dakota State set a single-season football attendance record during the 2004 season, averaging 9,846 fans per game at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

That is me and the Mrs. at the 45 yrd line about 12 rows up. ;D

Comment

Nice pressbox. Looks like a trailer on Stilts. ;D

Comment

Nice pressbox. Looks like a trailer on Stilts. ;D
                      You are obviously an expert on trailers! How many have you rented? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I've been to the Mav's stadium. Played there 2x. It's a great place to watch a game if you don't mind battling all the empty seats to get a good view of the game. Also, their visitors locker rooms make the SDSU's look like the Taj Mahal. Remember when throwing insults that many of us on this board have intimate knowledge of UNO's "high class" establishment.

I will say the home field advantage at UNO is a little disconcerning for a visiting team. I can only speak for myself, but I found it hard to concentrate with all that deafening silence coming from the crowd.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Misunderstood

Sorry 89Rabbit - I added that smack but preferenced it as - I'll beat Mav to the punch...I did...but I didn't mean for you to think that I would say anything like that....well some of it crossed my mind when the Jacks made the move.....I'll get to a few more games this year...I share front row tickets with the HayMan! I sure miss Horatios! But then again that was 30 years ago. I remember going there every Wed, Fri, and Sat night....funny thing...I don't ever remember leaving! ???

Comment

Meatcutter,

I am glad we got that misunderstanding cleared up. Now we can move forward with our support of SDSU. I just missed out on the Horts era it was the Lucky Lady by the time I hit State. Now of course it is NAPA so I know how you feel. Again sorry for the misunderstanding and keep on posting.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Some of my favorite parts of this site are when the sdsu fans start bickering among themselves. Very entertaining!!

Comment

Working...
                              X