Rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rivalry

Well looks who is back. Everyone's favorite USD grad and rumor monger.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Your little DII school is doing enough struggling.  Worry more about that.  Soon you'll be traveling to Washington for DII conference games.  Work on spinning that.  I'd be jealous if the yotes were playing Kentucky and Illinois but for now thats your problem.
      Looks like as soon as 2006 for football.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports (sub. site but it's free)

Washington schools ready to join NCC
      By Eric Peterson, The Forum
      Published Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Two Washington state colleges are reportedly ready to join the North Central Conference in football only, but the league's commissioner said Tuesday nothing has been finalized.

"We do not have a signed agreement," NCC Commissioner Roger Thomas said. "We have laid out some things and had several discussions. We've been trying to set up some scheduling alliance for football."

KVHT-AM - a Yankton, S.D., radio station - reported that Central Washington and Western Washington will join the NCC in football starting with the 2006 season. . . .

Making existing schedules fit together and increasing travel costs are two main concerns in getting a deal done, Thomas said. . . .

Athletic directors at Western Washington and Central Washington could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

An NCAA Division II conference, the NCC was left with seven members after Northern Colorado, North Dakota State and South Dakota State jumped to NCAA Division I. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        Wow, why does this "track guy" from San Diego hate us so much.  I really don't remember having much of a rivalry with the Toreros .  .  . Oh wait are you guys talking about the D-II school down in Vermin, SD .  .  . oh, my bad.  Maybe in the future we should refer to the Coyotes as USD-II so that we don't get them confused with the USD that plays D-I sports with us.    ;D

University of San Diego athletics site:

http://usdtoreros.collegesports.com/

Seriously, I am sure the University of Ohio thinks they have a rivalry with Ohio State, but the question is does Ohio State think they have a rivalry with the University of Ohio.  I don't think so.  Does Nebraska think that UNO (the one in Omaha, not New Orleans) is it's rival?  Again, I don't think so.  I already find myself hopeing that USD does well as they represent our great state of South Dakota.  I have also meet several USD fans who feel the same about our Jackrabbits.  Doesn't sound like much of a Rivalry any more.  If USD-II ever made the jump to D-I then maybe they could be our rival again, but until then the only way for them to capture some of our glory is to pretend that there is still a special connection between their school and South Dakota's largest and only D-I University!  My guess, 10 years from now folks in Vermillion will tell their kids how USD used to play in the same conference as SDSU and their kids will look at them in disbelief and say "no way, that must have been cool" and the USD adult will say "yup the Jackrabbits used to play right over there in that big Grain Bin that used to be a football field" to which the child will reply "cool".   8)

Go State!  ;D
        I was again traveling I-90 west from Sx Falls last Wednesday (got home at 3:30 this morning ) so I happened to tune in to 1570, just to see what's happening.  And guess what, Lane Grindle was so excited that there is a thread on the SDSU message board all about him!  He even came up with his all new "Message board post of the day!"  (Congrats 89, your above post won the inagural award).  I can't really remember what he was saying because I was laughing so hard!  Anyway, he did say that his purpose as a radio host was to inspire debate and get people talking so I guess he did his job (Albeit this thread that's "basically about me (Lane Grindle)" seems to have been hijacked by some good conversation.

(Lane, keep doing what your doing buddy.  I seriously do enjoy listening to your show when I can get a signal.  Seems like I have to be awfully close to Yankton/Vermillion to get it though :-/)

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

Lane Grindle was so exited that there is a thread on the SDSU message board all about him!
          "You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you . . . "
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            "You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you . . . "
            Enough said!!
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X