It's Not Who Ya Play It's Who Ya Beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Who Ya Play It's Who Ya Beat

You can schedule the toughest opponents throughout the year but if your record is 4-20 than who cares. If you want to be so proud of playing Illinois, Minnesota or whoever you better at least be able to stay within 20 of them on the final scoreboard.

Anyone can play punching bag to a great team, it's takes a good team to be able to compete. It's an entirely different story.

A team with NAIA talent playing in Division 1 is quite the accomplishment to most in favor of the move to D1. Most of the lower 1AA conferences are no better than the level of competition that was in the NCC before the defections.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: It's Not Who Ya Play It's Who Ya Beat

So what is your point?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
      Most of the lower 1AA conferences are no better than the level of competition that was in the NCC before the defections.  
      I quoted the only intelligent thing you've said.  

USD is fairly competitive in the sports they sponsor at the DII level.  USD doesn't have the resources, support or foresight to move to DI.  Be happy with DII, its what suits you best.  There really isn't room for two DI schools in SD.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Most of the lower 1AA conferences are no better than the level of competition that was in the NCC before the defections.  
        Gosh, you're right. I wish we were playing Simpson and Oklahoma Panhandle State in MBB instead of Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.[/sarcasm]

Comment

Coyote_Fan,

Get it right.  SDSU is a D-I school.  Football is the only sport that has a sub-classification (I-AA) so there is no such thing as a I-AA basketball conference.  Next, I'll bet that SDSU beats more D-I schools this season then USD.  You know, you can't beat the big boys if you don't play the big boys.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. So how many D-I schools do you think USD will beat this season?

Comment

Coyote-Fan, I suspect other SD residents have a lot of reservations about the d1 move like you do. Only about 3 dozen people care enough to get on this site with any regularity. Based on at least that one measure not too many people are huge supporters. We shall see what happens. Some people would say playing UK and IU is so great. I think it is a struggling univ that needs a big payday and is willing to be the sacrificial lamb for big programs to get some quick cash. But according to the 36 people who get on this site on a regular basis the transition has already been a stunning success. More reasonable people would have reservations but the real answer is probably going to be 10 years from now as to who is right.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
              the real answer is probably going to be 10 years from now
              Jake,

You actually typed something worth reading. However, even though you are correct, your opinion doesn't matter.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'm glad Coyote_Fan is here. Our smack board has been dead for a few weeks. Coyote_Fan even brought Jake back to us.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                  I'm glad Coyote_Fan is here. Our smack board has been dead for a few weeks. Coyote_Fan even brought Jake back to us.
                  Agreed. My only comment, if you are a part of the opposition, don't get mad if those of us in support bite back. Take your licks, come back, and have fun with it.

Comment

Coyote Fan seems concerned that we can't beat any D1 schools. Take a look at the list below...

Alabama
                    Oklahoma State
                    Duquense
                    Creighton
                    Drake
                    N. Colorado
                    Princeton
                    Boston College
                    Butler
                    Notre Dame
                    Wisconsin-Milwaukee
                    N. Illinois
                    Boston University
                    Texas-Pan Am
                    Utah Valley State
                    Texas El-Paso
                    Southern
                    Tennessee St.
                    N. Dak St.
                    Kentucky
                    Texas State
                    N. Iowa
                    Davidson
                    Middle Tennessee St.

We won games against all of these schools in our very first year of D1 !!! Incredible !!! I'm a very proud alumni !!!  I bet this list grows much longer this year, I cant wait to see more w's this year.

PS- This very proud alumni will be at Rupp Arena and Assembly Hall for the first two men's games. I get to watch SDSU play against two of the most storied programs in the nation.

usd fans- Have a great time playing Dana, Dordt, and Mary.

usd...You really need to get over it....

Comment

I wasn't counting wins in womens gardening and mens tiddlywinks ;D
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Coyote_Fan ... you tipped your hand ... come out of the cave and go sit in the corner.

Comment

Please tell me oh great brush wolf fan........what were you counting ??????

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                            Please tell me oh great brush wolf fan........what were you counting ??????

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                            Just a guess here but I think he was talking about Men's basketball.

Comment

I wasn't counting wins in womens gardening and mens tiddlywinks  ;D
                              And I thought USD was supposed to so full of open minded liberal arts students.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X