Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Not Who Ya Play It's Who Ya Beat

Originally posted by sports_buff

Just a guess here but I think he was talking about Men's basketball.
    I suspect a new rivalry with Mount Marty, Dakota St, Upper Iowa, or Peru St will replace the loss now felt by yote fans with the "defection" of SDSU from the NCC. How do you choose between the Corn Palace and the DakotaDump if your a lower division college recruit?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

And I thought USD was supposed to so full of open minded liberal arts students.
      Must . . . not . . . respond . . . to . . . this . . .

must . . . not . . . make . . . political . . . statement . . . on . . . sports . . . board . . .

Aagrgrhhdkhiehhggh (pulls hand away from keyboard, takes a swig of Boulevard Wheat)

Whew, that was a close one.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I know a lot of those wins in DI are the result of our success we had in women's basketball and volleyball, but our men's teams had some impressive wins such as the ones against Notre Dame and Pinceton in these sports:

baseball

base·ball [ báyss bàwl ] (plural base·balls)

noun

Definitions:

1. bat and ball game: a game played with a bat and ball by two teams of nine players on a field with four bases marking the course the batters must take to score runs. Each team fields and bats alternately, and the goal is to score the most runs.

2. ball used in baseball: a hard leather-covered ball about 23 cm (9 in.) in circumference, used in the game of baseball

wrestling

wres·tling [ réssling ]

noun

Definitions:

1. sport with two contestants fighting: a sport in which two contestants fight by gripping each other using special holds, each trying to force the other's shoulders onto a mat

2. action of struggling with somebody: the action of having a struggling fight with somebody

I felt the need to provide you usd fans with the correct pronunciations and definitions of these sports since they are not played at the u and you might not be familiar with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
           But according to the 36 people who get on this site on a regular basis the transition has already been a stunning success.  More reasonable people would have  reservations but the real answer is probably going to be 10 years from now as to who is right.  

Big Jake,

Rabbitt fans would not start bragging before they actually did something in D1, would they? ? ? ? These people put on their rose colored glasses 10 minutes after the move, forget 10 years. Funny how ESPN fifty states in fifty days never mentioned SDSU's move to D1. Instead they focused on a bunch of drunken Hells Angels and a washed up Charlie's Angels passion for golf. Can't wait until Mo. Rolla pulls off a Morningside. That will give me more to talk about.

Mavs#1

Comment

Hey Mavs D-2, here is the ESPN story on our upcoming football season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...amp;id=2130854

Could you provide the a link to the story they ran on the Mavs, it might be fun to see how some of the "little" schools are doing. . . . I'm waiting. :

Go State! ;D

Comment

89 Rabbitt

Notice how they had to quote a Nebraska kid (Josh Davis) about the future of SDSU football. The last line of the article said that 6-5 wasn't good enough that they want a championship. When was the last time SDSU won a championship in football? ? ? I'm waiting :
              Go Wisconsin Lacrosse!!

Mavs #1

Comment

So I guess ESPN didn't do an article about Nebraska's leading commuter college.  Doesn't it make you mad the number of top Nebraska football players who are choosing to take their game to the D-I level rather then stay home and settle for playing D-II?  I know it has your coach worried.  

Go State! ;D

P.S. It is nice that you will be pulling for Wisconsin-La Crosse, but get their name right. : It's kinda cute how you little schools pull together when you are playing one of the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

I suspect a new rivalry with Mount Marty, Dakota St, Upper Iowa, or Peru St will replace the loss now felt by yote fans with the "defection" of SDSU from the NCC.  How do you choose between the Corn Palace and the DakotaDump if your a lower division college recruit?
                  I wouldn't be knocking those NAIA schools too much if I was you, remember how one of them whipped you in your own house last year. Speaking of rivalries, are you playing Morningside again this year? I think your boys will be looking for a little payback this year.

89, I would think that it would just be embarrassing for you to keep referring to SDSU as one of the big boys, when you got your a$$ handed to you several times last year by the so called little schools. Start dominating the DII schools before you refer to yourself as one of the big boys. Heck, beat all your NAIA teams first.

Comment

buff,

I was talking football.  Last time I checked we spanked Winona St - SDSU 45 - WSU 20 - and correct me if I am wrong but they were a top 20 school in your division last season and made the playoffs.  How did the Coyotes do in the playoffs last year?  Oh that is right you didn't make the playoff, I guess that 1 point win over Wisconsin La Crosse (after the loss to them the year before) didn't impress the folks at the NCAA.

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Where is your ESPN pre-season story?  Please post the link so we can all enjoy it.

Comment

Buff, I see you're playing the Simpsons in men's basketball this year. Watch out for Marge, she's got a nasty drop step.

Homer's a bit of a lazy player but he'll fill up the lane.

And you'll like Bart--he'll remind you a lot of Mueller. Or is it the other way around?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This was some classic stuff on Bisonville. Telling you rabbitt fans to start crying and go think about equestrian was my personal favorite.

Despite the 3 byes on this years schedule (Valpo, Wis-Lacross, Missouri Rolla- who combined probably have less scholies than St Mary's [RIP]) the jacks won't crack the .500 mark. Go cry about it Jack fans, and start thinking about equestrian

Mavs#1

Comment

Mav No1

Do we know you??????????????? :-X

Comment

Mavs D-II,

It has come to this, your UNO pizza chain school is so non-relevant that you are telling us what other D-I schools are saying about us on their smack boards .  .  . that is sad.  :'(

What did the NDSU fans say about UNO?   .  .  .   Oh that is right, nothing because you are D-II and we are D-I.

What did you UNO fans say about us on your board?  .  .  .  Oh that is right, you don't have one.  Sorry my bad.

Maybe you can go to d2football.com and talk about the epic battles between UM-Duluth and UNO.  I think the Bulldogs have a good chance at this one, ok just kiddin', I have no idea how good of a game this will be and I don't care.  We have another season of D-I sports to get ready for.  The Volleyball team kicks things off in less then a month.  The Jacks will be at the University of Oregon Kick Off Classic on Aug 26th.  Looks like UNO has Regis (is that a hair cutting school    ) on the same day.  Best of luck to your Mavs on another D-II season.    Now go outside and play,  the Big schools (D-I) have thing to do.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                              ) the jacks won't crack the .500 mark.  Go cry about it Jack fans, and start thinking about equestrian

Mavs#1
                              I think given the injury to Kranz and a relatively thin D-line and LB crew as well as a relatively fresh QB, .500 against DI teams would be a good goal this season. Getting wins over both Poly and Davis in SD will be tough. No one is expecting a win over G. Southern. Texas St. will be tough on the road and we are clear underdogs in Fargo. UNC and SUU are no pushovers but I like our chances at home. Most realistic guess this season is 7-4. 6-5 would really suck but 8-3 would be great. When there are no playoffs to play for record and respect are reality. The biggest issue for this FB team is to get to the max level of scholarships and become a recruiting force to recon with. A decent showing this year would help a lot, and by decent I mean 7-4.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X