Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Talent??

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

Why do you keep dwelling on our past record?  Seriously, in every post you keep coming back to it. You're the only one that keeps doing this. The last I looked at our current standings every team in the conference is 0-0.  

Simply put UNC was a bad team last year and your record is tagible proof. It is ok to be bad. However, if you are bad and then you post smack you shouldn't be surprised when people remind you of just how bad your team was.

I know you Bears fans want to pretend that last year didn't happen (and who can blame you) and all you really want to do is talk about your "Glory Days" in D-II so let me put this in D-II terms for you - Augie went 3-8 last year. I am sure their fans are talking about how the Vikings are 0-0 on the year as well.

So your take away is that teams that go 2-9 really shouldn't post smack, and if they do please expect people to remind you that you went 2-9.

Does that help clear things up for you?

Go State! ;D

Comment

How many times are you going to come back to our past record? Are you going to keep doing that until Sept 3rd when both teams should end the day 1-0 (heck you do play a d3 team, i expect you to win). What's the deal?

Comment

How many times are you going to come on our board and post smack after your 2-9 season?  Get respectable and beat us then post smack.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

How many times are you going to come back to our past record?  Are you going to keep doing that until Sept 3rd when both teams should end the day 1-0 (heck you do play a d3 team, i expect you to win).  What's the deal?
          Smack is supposed to be fun, and anyone who takes this stuff seriously probably should look into counseling and should avoid the smack board.

You question our recruiting. We question your record. In the end, it's all just talk and nothing to get upset about.

Comment

On the subject of D1A transfers, I remember sitting in Southerns stadium in Baton Rouge last year looking at the impressive list of transfers on their roster from LSU, Mississippi St. , Florida, and other SEC schools and I began thinking that this might be a problem...

It Wasnt...

SDSU 31 Southern U. 24

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
               Get respectable and beat us then post smack.

Go State!  ;D
              I have no doubt we will beat you. After all, we usually do. Over all series goes to UNC, 18-14. :P

Comment

I have no doubt we will beat you. After all, we usually do. Over all series goes to UNC, 18-14. :P
                Congratulations on the successful hijacking of this thread.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

i personally think that D-IA transfers aren't worth much. they were failures at their previous school and they may or may not be able to do something better at a lower level. The last D-IA transfer that UNC got that i remember getting significant playing time was QB jon boyer from CSU. he was terrible but not as bad as our qb last year. most D-IA transfers end up riding the bench at I-AA or D-II.

to keep this in the spirit with my UNC brother: SDSU's football program is mediocre at best and UNC will win by 14-50 points this year. last year was a fluke.

P.S. That SDSU player shown in that one picture that you always post of SDSU winning that rock when you beat NDSU looks like a midget.

Comment

Originally posted by uncbear
                    i personally think that D-IA transfers aren't worth much.  they were failures at their previous school and they may or may not be able to do something better at a lower level. The last D-IA transfer that UNC got that i remember getting significant playing time was QB jon boyer from CSU. he was terrible but not as bad as our qb last year. most D-IA transfers end up riding the bench at I-AA or D-II.

to keep this in the spirit with my UNC brother: SDSU's football program is mediocre at best and UNC will win by 14-50 points this year. last year was a fluke.

P.S. That SDSU player shown in that one picture that you always post of SDSU winning that rock when you beat NDSU looks like a midget.
                    Good points on the D1A transfers.

14 to 50? Now that's an interesting prediction. Are you aware that the game is in Brookings? In November? The weather in Greeley last year certainly kept the scoring to a minimum. The same thing could happen this year. I don't doubt that UNC should be better (and granted UNC played a very tough schedule last year) but I think that's kind of a silly prediction.

I predict SDSU will win with a margin of somewhere between 1 and 115.

P.S. I believe they prefer to be called 'little people'... and there aren't any on our football team.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                      Good points on the D1A transfers.

14 to 50? Now that's an interesting prediction. Are you aware that the game is in Brookings? In November? The weather in Greeley last year certainly kept the scoring to a minimum. The same thing could happen this year. I don't doubt that UNC should be better (and granted UNC played a very tough schedule last year) but I think that's kind of a silly prediction.

I predict SDSU will win with a margin of somewhere between 1 and 115.

P.S. I believe they prefer to be called 'little people'... and there aren't any on our football team.
                      Not a bad prediction. If SDSU wins i bet it will be within the range you stated.

Comment

I predict SDSU to either a) win by 1-345 points or b) lose by 1-345 points.

Comment

I predict that the State girls basketball team out draws the UNC men's football team in home attendance again this year, like they did last year.

Go State!!!! ;D ;D ;D
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Who would have thought a subject title of "New Talent??" would turn into smack about UNC?

I predict we beat UNC 78-0. ;D If I remember correctly, that is one more point than a lesser division score I've heard recently. Who does UNC think they are... MN-Crookston? :

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                              I predict that the State girls basketball team out draws the UNC men's football team in home attendance again this year, like they did last year.
                              Awwww snap! That's a good one NorCalJack!

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                                snap!

"snap" My 17 year old high school kids say that. Are that age??

Comment

Working...
                                X