X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cereal Bowl ???

*From the Moderator

BigJake,

You are walking on thin ice with your most recent effort at trolling.  You know exactly how SDSU is doing with it's fund raising because you just read about it on the thread that is titled "Fund Raising".  Then you try and fire up the innuendo that SDSU/BHS-FAN posted about Jody (Pitts) Huntimer.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...3672190;start=

This is an offical warning, you best watch your step.

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

What is a Troll?

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish. . . . (read more)

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
      The empty pockets picture might more accurately reflect the situation at sdsu in your pursuit of 20 million dollars for athletic endowments (I can't remember if it was a 10 or 20 million dollar goal).  Didn't I read that one of your fundraisers got fired for not meeting numbers.  Until I hear where you are in your pursuit of that goal I am going to assume the news is bad.  Any good news is amplified about 100 times on this site and no news hides the fact that donations are probably not pouring in.  Therefore the empty pockets guy is probably an sdsu alum/friend.
      Fair comment by Milwaukee - there is a lot of apathy at uno but we have about 6000 core fb fans and can double that on a big game.  Have about 6000 core hockey fans which can increase for Michigan and Notre Dame.  1000 or so core  bb fans which can go to 2200 for ncc games.  I seriously doubt if those numbers are really that much bigger at sdsu except for basketball.  I suspect our hockey support is probably as good as yoru bb support. The difference is probably that you get more student support than we do.  I suspect our alum/friends support is as good if not better than yours.  I would bet we have more wealthy people to tap in omaha than you do in SD.
      Jake,
      You have 6000 hard core UNO football fans and your average attendance is somewhere around 4000-5000 for home football games. If i were you i would check the turnstiles at your field or find a new definition of "core fan" to use on the board.
      And you are right Omaha does have more money to tap than South Dakota, its just too bad it all goes to the big red machine an hour to the southwest of you. Those people have no interest in donating or giving to UNO. SDSU is the athletic program and school of South Dakota.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

89 Rabbitt

Why so mad? Your Rabbitts are 2-0 and are going to battle the #4 team in the country so you should be grinning from ear to ear. Did someone pee in your frosted flakes at the Cereal Bowl? Rabbitts in an upset saturday in OT 27-24. Now does that make you feel better? Hope so!!

Mavs#1

Comment

*From the Moderator

As previously posted,  talking about coaches is one thing, but talking about an employee from the inner workings of the Athletic Dept. is another.  It seems a bit outside the pale in my mind and we probably shouldn't do it.

The fact that Big Jake chose to disregard this earlier warning and tried to troll up controversy based on hearsay puts him on very thin ice with me.

Beyond that click on the link below and read the whole thing, and pay particular attention to "Why Does it Matter?", and "The Webmaster's Challenge".

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

Comment

Mav and BJ are just plain losers.  At first I thought they were entertaining but now view them only with disgust and pity.  Time to cut them loose.  Any protest from others on this board should be considered, but there latest behavior goes beyond what I am interested in.  Sad to say but even they can lower my opinion of UNO.  If I never see a post from either of them it will be a better day.  Losers will always be losers, even when they seem to win.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X