Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous events of 1963

JFK was assassinated.

MLK gave his famous I have a dream speech.

postage stamp was $.04

Lee Harvey was killed by Jack Ruby.

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, SDSU won their last championship in football.

Mavs #1

Re: Famous events of 1963

Mav, I think you missed something else about 1963. It was the last year you ever said something positive.

Comment

I know you guys are proud that you won the NCC Championship last season, of course with all the good schools leaving it is claear that the NCAA didn't figure that was much of an accomplishment since they didn't offer UNO an invite to the D-II playoffs, but good for you any way. After all that is UNO's 6th NCC Championship you only need to win it 8 more times to catch up to SDSU.

NCC Football Championships

SDSU 14
      UNO 6

For that matter in all sports SDSU has 129 NCC Championships. How many do the Mavs have?

You guys keep plugging away. Who knows in 42 years with a watered down NCC you might have as many as SDSU, but I doubt it. Best of luck to you with your D-II aspirations. Just remember UNO was barely our peer when we were in D-II and now . . . well deep in your heart you know that we have left you far behind and that is why you are so bitter.

Go State! ;D

P.S. I know 129 NCC Championships might seem overwhelming so let me give UNO something a little more resonable to aspire to. USD has won 64 NCC Championships, and Augie has won 27. Best of luck UNO Mavs.

Comment

Mavs D-II,

I just found something interesting in the UNO media guide.  UNO's all time winning percentage is .519 %.  Wow, you guys have lost almost as many as you have won.  

All-Time Nebraska-Omaha Coaches’ Records

17 Coaches, 88 Seasons, 790 games,  395 wins,  365 loses,  30 ties,  .519 winning percentage.

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Just in case you UNO types are wondering SDSU's winning percentage is .549% with 497 wins, 404 losses and 37 ties.  

Comment

We forgetting something very major here about 1963 and SDSU athletics. Sid Bostic threw the mid court shot to win the NCAA College Division of Basketball.

Yes 1963 was a signficant year.

UNO has been to the basketball elite eight how many times?

Comment

No one can minimize the vast no. of ncc championships sdsu has won. But you missed one very big point - UNO was in the conference for about 40 less yrs than sdsu. That probably explains most of the disparity but there is no getting around some of the national championship teams you had in prior generations before we were all born.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              Mavs D-II,

I just found something interesting in the UNO media guide.  UNO's all time winning percentage is .519 %.  Wow, you guys have lost almost as many as you have won.  

All-Time Nebraska-Omaha Coaches’ Records

17 Coaches, 88 Seasons, 790 games,  395 wins,  365 loses,  30 ties,  .519 winning percentage.

Go State!  ;D

P.S. Just in case you UNO types are wondering SDSU's winning percentage is .549% with 497 wins, 404 losses and 37 ties.  

I am glad that I have you flipping our media guide. ;D ;D

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                No one can minimize the vast no. of ncc championships sdsu has won.  But you missed one very big point - UNO was in the conference for about 40 less yrs than sdsu.  That probably explains most of the disparity but there is no getting around some of the national championship teams you had in prior generations before we were all born.
                Big Jake,

Are you trying to tell us that you were born after the '80s because the majority of the NCAA D-II National Championships won by SDSU come from 1980 to 2004 (when we moved up to D-I). Here is a break down by decade

1950's - 1
                1960's - 1
                1970's - 1
                1980's - 3
                1990's - 1
                2000's - 1

If you re-read my post I have given you an additional 42 years to equal the feats of the Jackrabbits. This seems more then fair since the conference is a pale comperison of it's former self. By the way how many NCC Championships does UNO have? Have you caught Augie yet? Best of luck trying to match our accomplishments.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                X