X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD 7 wins, 34 losses

against NDSU, SDSU and UNC since 1990

that means they won 1 out of about every 6 games

it's amazing they got better after those teams left 8)

Re: USD 7 wins, 34 losses

Yeah, 'tis a puzzlement.

Amazing how replacing UNC, NDSU, and SDSU on your schedule with Colorado Mines, UMD, and Upper Iowa can have a positive effect on W-L. Too bad their diminished strength-of-schedule may again screw them out of a D-II playoff spot:

A Nightmare Scenario for the NCC:
    http://d2football.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6762
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

To me, what's even more puzzling is that a Coyote Fan on the DII board projected them having two losses at season's end. Does that mean even some of USD's backers realize the early season schedule was pretty cupcake and the rest of the way will prove this team isn't truly as good as advertized.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

it was not an actual prediction but instead a possible senario, big difference.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the Yotes make it into the playoffs.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

To some how say the "new" NCC is weaker because of SDSU's departure is a bit of a stretch. UNC and NDSU I will buy. It is pretty easy to pick apart USD's record since 1990 - it was the dark ages of Coyote football. How was SDSU's record against UNC and NDSU during the same period? During that stretch they were winning NCC and DII championships while SDSU was playing .500 football.

One has only to look at the last SDSU NCC championship to see what a power the Rabbits were - 1963. One time in the playoffs in 1979. Since 1963 USD won 4 NCC titles, were in the playoffs 3 times and advanced to the DII title game in 1986.

You guys are amazing. You are an average DII team, move up to DIAA with the same coach, same facilities and a handfull more of scholarships and you all of a sudden you are a power. Does not add up. Were you just underachieving in the NCC?

Comment

Then you should have no problem with the people who want to move D-II down to 24 scholarships. After all, it's only a "handful", right?

Comment

Sports Fan: Your post misses the point. Regardless of how well the Jacks played in the old NCC, they owned the Coyotes during the last 15 years of their rivalry. SDSU, NDSU, and UNC were all sure losses for the Coyotes during those years. If the old NCC teams were together this year, I would put the Coyotes in 4th place at the highest.

To say that USD is a better team this year because they are unbeaten in a watered down DII conference, while State has three losses to three ranked I-AA opponents (losing to two top-10 teams by a total of 15 points) is a bit of a stretch. I wonder how the Coyotes would have fared in Missoula this year . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola
                  Sports Fan:  Your post misses the point.  Regardless of how well the Jacks played in the old NCC, they owned the Coyotes during the last 15 years of their rivalry.    SDSU, NDSU, and UNC were all sure losses for the Coyotes during those years.  If the old NCC teams were together this year, I would put the Coyotes in 4th place at the highest.  

To say that USD is a better team this year because they are unbeaten in a watered down DII conference, while State has three losses to three ranked I-AA opponents (losing to two top-10 teams by a total of 15 points) is a bit of a stretch.  I wonder how the Coyotes would have fared in Missoula this year . . .

SPORTSFAN routinely misses the point.

Profile of SPORTSFAN, older gentleman who loved the NCC and what it use to be. Now unable to accept that the NSIC is nearly equivalent to or surpasses the NCC in several sports.

DII does not equal DI. Its that simple. There is no comparison. No argument to the contrary has any merit. If you can't see that, you can't be made to see anything and life sucks for you.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    For what it's worth, I'd like to see the Yotes make it into the playoffs.
                    Me too. I wish them well in DII. They have a nice team this year. It has nothing to do with us. SDSU has moved on.

Comment

The purpose of my post was to state that SDSU has less to do with the competitiveness of the "new" NCC than UNC or NDSU's departure. You think it is weaker because of your departure but your record against schools other than USD proves otherwise.

As I said before, if you are such a power now with the same coach and facilities, why did you not have more success as a DII school?

And by the way, Pompous MD your diagnosis of me was way off. Hope you do better with your patients.

The main reason I read this board is to laugh at the fantasyland that you all live in.

Comment

Originally posted by SPORTSFAN
                        The purpose of my post was to state that SDSU has less to do with the competitiveness of the "new" NCC than UNC or NDSU's departure. You think it is weaker because of your departure but your record against schools other than USD proves otherwise.

As I said before, if you are such a power now with the same coach and facilities, why did you not have more success as a DII school?

And by the way, Pompous MD your diagnosis of me was way off. Hope you do better with your patients.

The main reason I read this board is to laugh at the fantasyland that you all live in.
                        I think I hit close to home, you might be a little younger than I thought and have more allegiance to USD than I thought but for the most part I have you pegged. Hence your even more defensive (or should I say offensive) stance.  

P.S. your post still lacks substance.  The NCC is not what it use to be, thats a fact.  

Find a better place to waste people's time with your petty jealousy.  Some of us just have it better.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X