UND looking at D-I again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND looking at D-I again

89: What TV markets are you talking about? SDSU is not in Sioux Falls. Their games are not broadcast on any Sioux Falls television stations. Their games are not even broadcast on any Sioux Falls radio stations. WNAX, back in the days of ratings, was lucky to make a blip on the ratings radar in the Sioux Falls book, and there have been several radio stations added to the market since then. UND has their games televised across the upper midwest on Midcontinent cable systems. I am not saying that SDSU will or will not have such a deal in the future, but this is the way things are now.

Can't argue your other points. I even brought up the fact that UND is behind in the process because of their indecision, and that is not a benefit to anyone involved.

Comment

Come on Mike, you are smarter then that. :

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
        I am not saying that SDSU will or will not have such a deal in the future, but this is the way things are now.
        This line gives me a lot of insight to your position on SDSU's move to D-I. Let me leave you with a few quotes that you can ponder.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
        -Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them, changes both the maker and the destination.
        -John Schaar, futurist

The future belongs to those who dare.
        -Anonymous

Go State! ;D

Comment

Thanks for the arrogant eye roll. I so love those!

And to think you threw in a condescending sermon for free! I've really missed that. I had forgotten just how stupid I was. Thanks for the reminder!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Mike_H,
            SDSU is in the SF TV market...for a broadcaster you should be aware of this.  The SF TV market is considered regional in the State of SD.

Case in point...Nielson ratings for the three locals are tested and tabulated through out the state of SD.  Unlike most states our population base does not garner these ratings to be tabulated from SF alone.

Mike you are losing ground here...I generaly enjoy listening to you and some of your sports knowledge.  Lately though your red wings have been emerging even more.  Subtlely you do throw jabs when you get the opportunity, whether this is subconciously or not.

I will still listen because yes even radio is tested by listening area.  I do enjoy the show, keep up the good work and dont be afraid to wear blue and yellow on your sleeves some days, the moves been made its time to push for the benifits for SD not the misfortunes. :-/

P.S.,
            WNAX...one of the oldest and most listen to radio stations in the four state area...check the ratings again.
            Look on the agricultural side Mike, there is not a station in SF that has even close the following as WNAX. Major reason why they do cover Jacks athletics is because they are heard state wide (roughly, north west river is a little harder).

Comment

Mike_H is just playing devil's advocate. That's useful here, as the D1 move is a long-term proposition and hasn't been done before around these parts. I honestly don't see the anti-SDSU thing in Mike's work. Just because someone is critical or doesn't agree with something doesn't mean they have an agenda to undermine the effort. Sometimes criticism is about fixing problems not just sniping for the heck of it.

There are people out there who want SDSU to fail, but I don't see Mike_H as one of them.

Comment

And to think you threw in a condescending sermon for free! I've really missed that. I had forgotten just how stupid I was. Thanks for the reminder!

Go State! ;D
                LOL. Thats some good saracasm right there.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                  Mike_H is just playing devil's advocate. That's useful here, as the D1 move is a long-term proposition and hasn't been done before around these parts. I honestly don't see the anti-SDSU thing in Mike's work. Just because someone is critical or doesn't agree with something doesn't mean they have an agenda to undermine the effort. Sometimes criticism is about fixing problems not just sniping for the heck of it.

There are people out there who want SDSU to fail, but I don't see Mike_H as one of them.
                  I gotta agree with OK on this one. I live in SF and listen to the show 3 or 4 times a week. While Mr. H definitely isn't a homer and wasn't a fan of the move to DI, the show has done a pretty decent job of having SDSU coaches and media on the program and promoting SDSU athletics in general. I think his tone has changed somewhat in the last year and a half, but for some reason he is always still surprised when we are competitive in games (UC Davis, GS). So I wouldn't say he is by any means anti-SDSU, I just think he is being critical and isn't necessarily a fan. If you listen to his show regularly he is critical of most things on his show, he generally plays the "devil's advocate" on topics.

So is Mike H a "fan" of SDSU? Maybe, maybe not, but I think its unfair to call him Anti-SDSU after the show has guests like Scotty Kwaz, Chris Solari, Nagy, Stig, Johnston on a regular basis. Its not his job to be a fan, its his job to give his opinions on sports. Thats why its called a talk show, and for the most part I think Craig & Mike has been a pretty good one.

Comment

While I haven't had the chance to listen to Mike's show for nearly 6 months, I was, at the least, a weekly listener. He are my thoughts...Yes, they do have Jackrabbit coaches on the show; but not on their show. It seemed as though they were only on the Jackrabbit Report, we Jackrabbit fans pay for. And it seemed that there was always someone affiliated with USD calling in the Sportstalk w C&M (not sure who it was, someone in the athletic department) and Mike acts like the Jesus just called in to the show. I guess I'm probably--no, I am--biased, but I see Mike as anti-SDSU and that's just the way it is. Not everyone can be as lucky as us and see the world through yellow and blue glasses

Comment

I'll take the high road and say I don't like the show and that doesn't matter. They discuss topics that don't interest me right now, i.e. the Sioux Falls sports scene. There are pleny of opportunities for better sports programming and I suspect will see some of that soon enough.

As for Mike's presence here, he uses his name and speaks his opinions. This is commendable. He seems to waffle a bit when asked to explain his point and doesn't like to be contradicted, but then neither do many of us on this site.

This site has grown considerably over the last 2 years and for that I am glad. Without the move to DI none of these discussions take place. Change is good, progress is better. The media will appreciate that, some individuals more than others.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Go State!  ;D

Mike,

If you are going to "play dumb" I am going to call you on it. As for my efforts to enlighten you, I would never think of charging you for them, I think of them more as a public service and for the greater good.

Have a nice weekend.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X