South Dakota Football Team Jumps to Fifth in AFCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Football Team Jumps to Fifth in A

I see Augie beat UMD today and UNO beat SCSU. Now SCSU beat USD and UMD beat UNO not so long ago. What does all this mean? UND is a playoff team and none of the rest should be.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There is no question UND is in the driver's seat. Their senior cast of defensive linebackers give them the ratings they deserve. Its hard to imagine UND would lose to both UNO and USD whom they have yet to play.

These games this week about eliminate UMD and SCSU from the playoff's for sure, but USD has to run the tables to get in. I would look for USD to pass frequently and deeply against UND as that is about the only way, you can break the UND hold on the run. It will be interesting to see how many yards Logan gets against UND.

Comment

Logan had over 200 yards rushing last year at the Alerus
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
          Logan had over 200 yards rushing last year at the Alerus
          Didn't he have a few big runs in the 1st half and get shut down in the 2nd half?

Comment

Does it really matter how he got the yards, 200 yards is 200 yards any way you stack it up. USD ran the ball better than anyone by far has run it against UND this year.

The Coyotes will beat UND on the 5th as much as most SDSU fans will disagree. 38-17
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Does it really matter how he got the yards, 200 yards is 200 yards any way you stack it up.  USD ran the ball better than anyone by far has run it against UND this year.  

The Coyotes will beat UND on the 5th as much as most SDSU fans will disagree.   38-17
              Good luck to the Coyotes, I hope they do win 38-17 and when I made the prior post, I had no idea what Logan had done in terms of yards. Thanks for the information.
              Logan is a very good back. His size is his only weakness.

Comment

Does it really matter how he got the yards, 200 yards is 200 yards any way you stack it up.  USD ran the ball better than anyone by far has run it against UND this year.  

The Coyotes will beat UND on the 5th as much as most SDSU fans will disagree.   38-17
                I'm not saying you won't beat UND, in fact, I hope you will. I was just wondering when he got all his yards. And yes, 180 yards in the first half and 20 in the 2nd is a little different. Logan is a great back and I'm not trying to take anything away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

Good luck to the Coyotes, I hope they do win 38-17 and when I made the prior post, I had no idea what Logan had done in terms of yards. Thanks for the information.
                  Logan is a very good back. His size is his only weakness.
                  I second that and I really hope USD beats the crap out of the Sue, but from they do look tough this year. But then again their schedule so far consists of junior high b teams.

Comment

I don't believe the Yotes are ranked quite so highly anymore. In fact, their regional ranking seems a little light. All bias aside, the only teams who deserves playoff spots are UND and UNO. I know USD beat UNO early in the season but UNO is clearly playing better right now. The 2 playoff spots are UND and UNO's to lose.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

USD defeats UND 42-30...someone want to tell me how the NCC playoff picture shakes out???

UND 4-2; 9-2 (defeated UMD, lost to USD and UNO)
                      UNO 4-2; 8-2 (defeated UND; lost to UsD and UMD
                      USD 4-2; 9-2 (defeated UND and UNO; lost to UMD & St. Cloud
                      UMD 4-2; 8-3 (defeated USD; lost to UND and Augie and Northern Iowa)

Who wins the conference and who makes the playoffs?

I think UNO is in, UND probably is, UMD was ranked ahead of USD in the regional rankings and defeated a good St. Cloud team this week, still they're out.  And if there out does that mean USD is out?  Could the NCC get 3 teams in?  UMD deserves to be in before USD I would think--there 3rd loss was to I-AA Northern Iowa.

USD should be ashamed of their non-conference schedule.

Comment

USD will not make playoffs. Kind of like their conf. title a couple of years ago and didn't make playoffs. It's great to be DII.

Comment

But they tried so hard to schedule tough non confrence opponents.

Minnesota-Croookston
                          Minnesota-Moorhead
                          Truman St

I'm sure I missed some other powerhouse...

Oh yea, Upper Iowa

USDII : :

Comment

And I'm sure the Jacks would have had a tough time joining that group of 4 teams. Not to mention cake games against Montana, GSU, Cal Poly, Cal Davis, Texas St etc. I'm not sure they could even handle USD's juggernaut at home (note: heavy sarcasm for DII fans)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                              But they tried so hard to schedule tough non confrence opponents.

Minnesota-Croookston
                              Minnesota-Moorhead
                              Truman St

I'm sure I missed some other powerhouse...

Oh yea, Upper Iowa

USDII : :
                              Minnesota-Crookston 1-10
                              Minnesota-Moorhead 1-9
                              Truman St. 2-9
                              Upper Iowa 3-9 (assuming they lost today to Augie)
                              Colorado School of Mines 6-5

Non-conference opponents combined record = 13-42

Jacks Non-conference
                              UWL 3-4
                              Valpo 2-8
                              Montana 7-2
                              Texas St. 7-2
                              Georgia Southern 7-3

26-19

Comment

I owe the yotes fans on this board an apology. I called UND the top kernal of corn in the pile of crap that is D2 football until they were beat and it looks like USD took care of them. Congrats. I also think you guys totally got jobbed by the selection committee. There is no way you should have been left out, and their is definately no way UND should get to host one.

Comment

Working...
                                X