USD looking at DI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD looking at DI

I seldom read the smack area -- particularly the comments by the two from UNO. Who cares about UNO -- certainly not most of the people who read GORABBITS.
    But a couple of items of interest...the next move for D2 football is probably 30 scholarships -- not 24 this time around.
    But there was another movement at the last NCAA D2 meeting -- D2 schools who play D2 schools who have D1 hockey are very upset with those schools (read UND) using D1 revenue to help fund other D2 sports (read football). A move to require separation of the funds was discussed (read...another reason why UND is looking more seriously at D1).
    And the other reason is that UND is realizing how far behind they are going to be in ther recruiting wars with NDSU.
    Finally, USD isn't going anywhere -- except maybe to a different D2 conference if UND goes D1. The announcement that USD received the largest bequest ever didn't change their financial problems a bit (it all went to the medical school).
    Oh and PS: I would guess UNO is having $problems when they get 200 people at a men's basketball game!

Comment

Oh and PS: I would guess UNO is having $problems when they get 200 people at a men's basketball game!
      200 people would be a good turnout for UNO, they have had attendence figures of 113, 150, 152 and 192 to go along with the 200 person attendance so far this year. That would be a poor showing for a high school team. I don't think they will be going D-1 anytime soon.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

usd could be seriously looking at DI. Take their cutting of some of their athletic programs. Obviously a ploy to make it easier for them to find a conference to get in. Or they would just half a** like they do in the ncc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
          I saw this as well...I felt a need to send the "editorial board" a little note....

Just thought your editorial board may find these facts interesting...

According to SDSU's website the cost per credit hour is $76.00.  According to USD's website the cost per credit to attend USD is $76.00 as well.

At USD, the general activity fee is $21.80/credit hour.  At SDSU, the GAF is $19.00/credit hour.

The total estimated yearly costs for a South Dakota resident are as follows:

SDSU: $9,668
          USD:  $10,090.30

For you to infer in your article that because of SDSU's move to D1 tuition and fees have increased dramatically is inaccurate.

Making the ascent to a higher level athletically has less to do with increasing tuition; and more to do with fiscal responsibility of the administration.

**didn't want to right a letter to the editor but your "contact us" link takes me to the archives...no need to publish, just food for thought**

Feel free to reply to me via email,

JT

Sorry, almost forgot the links...

USD
          http://www.usd.edu/admissions/forms/cost_sheet.pdf

SDSU
          http://www3.sdstate.edu/Admissions/C...mate/Index.cfm

nice work kid, did you get any type of response?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979

nice work kid, did you get any type of response?

By the looks of the auto-response email I received, I don't think it reached them....

"The original message was received at Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:58:57 -0500

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
            <volante@usd.edu>
            <braus@usd.edu>
            <jjayjack@usd.edu>
            <tcoleman@usd.edu>
            <khacecky@usd.edu>"

Comment

Working...
            X