South Dakotan's ain't verry smarrtt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakotan's ain't verry smarrtt

Have you ever notice that Big Jake and MavD2 are never logged onto this site at the same time.  I've been watching during the game and as soon and MavD2 logged off, suprise, Big Jake showed up.  Then Big Jake logged off and you guessed it, MavD2 showed up again.  

So it is true that only one person really cares about UNO, since BJ and MavD2 are the same person.

I did not think that two people could really care about UNO, heck they only had 200 people show up for their men's basketball games.  UNO has been sucking hind tit in Nebraska D-1 athletics its whole existence.  Now they can get use to being one of the few NCC teams left in D2.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

The black pig is UNO, just ahead of Kearney.

http://www.aaa-calif.com/westways/0303/p80c.jpg

;D ;D ;D
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Great detective work there Barnaby Jones : :. Maybe 18th place in the rankings was being too kind to you folks. For people that are trying to put D2 behind them , you sure seem to  spend a lot of time on their boards. For the last time I am UNO rules and mavman is Big Jake. Now.. do you feel better.  So put away your little detective bags and quit watching reruns of Kojak and try and figure out why your comparing your attendence numbers to ours and not Creighton or Nebraska's??

Mavs#1
        Mav#1 your showing your age with some of those show quotes or you watch a lot of TV-land. Hey I guraduated from the sixth grade second in my class behind Jethro Bo Dean and I'd am puroud of it.

Comment

This is an entirely serious question to Mavs or Jake. Why don't you guys start a UNO fan site? You seem to have a great love for UNO and would probably enjoy talking to fellow UNO fans as we fellow SDSU fans do on this site. You wouldn't have to stop running smack on here and you obviously have the free time. Why haven't you started your own fan site? No smack intended at all by this question. A genuine query from an interested party. Plus, I'm sure everyone deep down would miss the UNO smackers if you weren't posting. Give me a straight answer if you get a chance.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
            This is an entirely serious question to Mavs or Jake.  Why don't you guys start a UNO fan site?  You seem to have a great love for UNO and would probably enjoy talking to fellow UNO fans as we fellow SDSU fans do on this site.  You wouldn't have to stop running smack on here and you obviously have the free time.  Why haven't you started your own fan site?  No smack intended at all by this question.  A genuine query from an interested party.  Plus, I'm sure everyone deep down would miss the UNO smackers if you weren't posting.  Give me a straight answer if you get a chance.
            That's a good idea. Honestly, you can do this for about $100 for a couple of years. Message me and I can get you a great deal on Web hosting. For my own sites and for school stuff I use Dreamhost, a San Francisco-based firm that has been a terrific hosting outfit for me. I can get you a deep discount and help you get set up. Seriously. It's actually very easy. Filbert probably has a host he likes to use, too. I'm just enough of a geek that I would really enjoy helping you get a UNO fan site set up. And no, I don't want you to stop smacking here, either.

If we get a UNO board set up, we can come over there and smack you back.

Comment

I'm using pair.com out of Pittsburgh, running Geeklog which has a discussion board add-in (that I haven't installed). I had phpBB running for a while but got scared off because of recurring security problems with the software.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of running a complete site, there are some providers that offer free message board services if our UNO friends don't want to dig into their pockets for spare change. proboards.com is probably the leader there.

Otherwise, there are some existing D-II-oriented boards. D2football.com has a fairly active D-II board including a basketball section. d2basketball.com isn't nearly as active but it's also up and running.

Go for it, Mavericks!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would love to have a UNO board. Does that mean I would have to change my name to 89 Maverick?? I get on many other boards beside this one. Valleytalk.net Bluejaycafe.com, siouxsports.com and bisonville. I enjoy this one the most because of the passion you have for your university. You have quite a cast of Characters on this board and defend your rabbits like no other. I truly miss the old NCC and wish it was back. I went to games as a kid and have followed the NCC for years. I love sports and enjoy talking smack and this site has both. OK jackrabbit I left you a private message asking for your help in starting a board so I can start my new life as 89 Maverick.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                  I'm using pair.com out of Pittsburgh, running Geeklog which has a discussion board add-in (that I haven't installed).  I had  phpBB running for a while but got scared off because of recurring security problems with the software.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of running a complete site, there are some providers that offer free message board services if our UNO friends don't want to dig into their pockets for spare change.  proboards.com is probably the leader there.

Otherwise, there are some existing D-II-oriented boards.  D2football.com has a fairly active D-II board including a basketball section.  d2basketball.com isn't nearly as active but it's also up and running.

Go for it, Mavericks!

Filbert ,

I am interested in the proboard. Could you help me. Send me a private message if you are willing to help. I am willing to learn.

Mavs#1

Comment

The nice thing about Dreamhost is they give you one domain registration for free and have one-click installs for things like bulletin boards. I have one running for my students to use for exam review here:

http://www.jackrabbit-jmc.org

I also put up a blog site for a colleague's Opinion Writing class here:

http://www.jackrabbit-jmc.org/mcom415

For the technically inclined, Dreamhost gives you 5 GB of storage (increases by 40 MB a week), one domain registration, 120 GB of transfer (increases by 1 GB a week), 600 email addresses at your domain, video-streaming, and one-click installs of bulletin boards, blogs, and other content management sites.

No, I don't work for them. But they've been so great and so easy that I have become an evangelist for them.

If anyone has an organization they'd like to have a bulletin board or Web site for, I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

That sounds great OK, would you think it would be beneficial for this board to be hosted through something like that. It would probably spruce up the board a little bit and give us some more bells and whistles to play with. I think we could attract a greater number of posters if we had a domain name that was easy and brought us directly to the main board (i.e. jackstalk, rabbitrant, etc.). What does anybody think.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Filbert ,

I am interested in the proboard. Could you help me. Send me a private message if you are willing to help. I am willing to learn.

Mavs#1
                        I p-mailed you what I know. Good luck, let us know what you come up with!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert ,

Mavs#1
                          A bit ironic isn't it when you consider the heading on this thread. Started by mav#dII. hahahahaha

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

A bit ironic isn't it when you consider the heading on this thread. Started by mav#dII. hahahahaha

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
                            *shrug*
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The cirlce of life is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                                 I think we could attract a greater number of posters if we had a domain name that was easy and brought us directly to the main board (i.e. jackstalk, rabbitrant, etc.).  What does anybody think.
                                I agree with this. Can't even remember how I found this site, but even up until last year, if it wasn't saved as a favorite on the one computer, I couldn't find it again. Finally, I noticed that gorabbits.com has a link to it on their page. But I think it would be much easier for people to find this if there was an easy domain. Although that would mean much more trollers too probably...

Comment

Working...
                                X