Men's Basketball attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's Basketball attendance

I thought the south side was going to be safety bleachers like the new student section and the east and west ends would be chair back. I think it would be great if they all were chair back up there.

I like the idea of making the upper section a bowl like atmosphere. I think there is a lot of wasted space up there too.

As far as the lottery goes...I have been doing my part on all four of the lotteries. The only problem I am having is those pesky Nebraskans are winning the powerball and lately the North Dakotans are winning the wild card game. When is it going to be OUR turn? :'(

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
      The cowbell cam song is "ring my bell"...can you think of something else?  Tell Micha Grenz.

As far as the music goes though, whether we like it or not it has to appeal to everyone, not just students.  Rule of thumb, if you can dance to it (not mosh pit)...play it.

The promotions during breaks are getting better.  They pick up ideas from other venues they visit.  Remember, its just not the players that are making the transition here.

The scoreboards are not going to get moved and I agree with the fact that if you do not like to stand, stay out of the first couple of rows in GA.

I know this is all opions but a ton of long hours and hard work is put in by the athletic staff to put these events on.  I myself would like to give them koodos for what they have accomplished so far.

There are a ton of limitations that have to be met so the best thing to do is pass your ideas on to the SDSU athletic promotions and marketing staff.  

They love to hear these kind of suggestions.  If its fan freindly and their able to do it, they'll look into it.

Love you all long time, short time...GO JACKS!
      I understand the verbage behind the cowbell cam song, just hearing it two - three times a week gets a little old. You have to admit the song itself is not that great.

As far as the music, we differ in opinions here. I agree we have to appease everyone, but if we ruffle a few of the grey hairs feathers and draw in 500 - 1000 more students i think that is a good trade. If they stop coming to games and supporting SDSU athletics because they don't like House of Pain on the sound system then they have bigger problems. Like i said, i think they will be there no matter what for the product and entertainment of Jacks athletics, it seems we need to draw students in.

Ill admit the promotions and stunts did get better throughout the year. And you keep up the good work Den. You keep Frost rocking and do a great job...you are envied by some of our opponents and their lifeless arenas.

Furthermore, i think posting this stuff on this board is giving suggestions to the athletic department. I would hope they have somebody reading parts of this board everyday to find out the perception of the fanbase and the general public. I would assume this already happens.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I would agree that it is visited from time-to-time by the dept. staff.

I like House of Pain too but I just dont see it drawing 500-1000 more students in because of the music.

What I am seeing though is that with the new student cheer section leaders controlling the taunts we are starting to get a more active student crowd. IMHO when we start getting a better product on the floor (men's side) we will see the student interest rise.

One other thing we have to remember here is that every tune and graphic used in Frost has to be payed for. Because it is being broadcast to a public audience, use rights and royalties are a factor. This could have some effect on why there is not a huge variety in the overall selections at this time?

Someone had mentioned before...its all about money, somebody win the lottery please!

Go Jacks!

P.S.
        Thank you all for your compliments. :

Comment

I would agree that it is visited from time-to-time by the dept. staff.

I like House of Pain too but I just dont see it drawing 500-1000 more students in because of the music.

What I am seeing though is that with the new student cheer section leaders controlling the taunts we are starting to get a more active student crowd.  IMHO when we start getting a better product on the floor (men's side) we will see the student interest rise.

One other thing we have to remember here is that every tune and graphic used in Frost has to be payed for.  Because it is being broadcast to a public audience, use rights and royalties are a factor.  This could have some effect on why there is not a huge variety in the overall selections at this time?

Someone had mentioned before...its all about money, somebody win the lottery please!

Go Jacks!

P.S.
          Thank you all for your compliments. :
          I was alluding to the whole environment at a bball game rather than the music alone.  It would be one factor that would make that environment a little more student friendly.  Personally i find it sad that we don't have 3000 students at every game just to see the team and show some school pride.  But what can you do in these modern days of facebook and XBOX 360's (you can play a basketball game in your dorm room that looks nearly as real as the ones in Frost.)

I would agree that a better product on the floor will bring in the fans and students alike, but a better atmosphere would bring in better recruits thus resulting in a better product.  Nagy has spoken to this fact himself many times.

I completely overlooked the royalties issue den, thanks for bringing that up.  I would have had the ADept. sued ten times over by now.  Damn Attorneys...  

Comment

Originally posted by JH81
            B. If you drop the student section 4' then the first couple rows there become obstructed view because of the scorer's table and benches.

The students stand anyway so I don't think the first few rows would be obstructed. It is more than just the first couple of rows behind the students that are obstructed. I normally sit in the 6th row of bleachers and even standing have problems seeing anything along the sideline next to the students. I don't have a problem standing for the entire game and would love to see everyone stand up and make noise.

Comment

Proud to be a stander and obscene yeller(sometimes) at basketball games. i'm wondering what effects the student leader plan will have on us students...like our where's your kneepads chant for NDSU men's team. or the your coach chokes you chant for dane fife's team. we need more organized chants from us. night classes suck up some students too. mmmmm facebook so addicting. i will definately be a student leader next year if need be. plus i think i shall bring a sign for the old folks that says "Stand up We're Winning Salute the JACKS" that I will hold up for the last minute of games we are winning i don't think they are gonna change the student section much, although i would like to see the east section of student bleachers brought right up to the visitor's bench. and a cowbell section right behind the visitors bench.

Comment

Den-what about a tunnel walk? Does anyone else think that is a good idea? How difficult would it be to get a camera out at the locker room entrance?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I
                  Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                  Den-what about a tunnel walk?  Does anyone else think that is a good idea?  How difficult would it be to get a camera out at the locker room entrance?
                  i think it's a great idea.  Dak has one of there camera crews on the baseline by the entrance, it couldn't be that difficult to get out into the hallway.  I believe the team enters through/from the weight room, or am i dreaming that...

Only bad part is we don't really have a tunnel, the team enters through the same hallway that students would be walking through to get to the student section.

Comment

the men enter from the weight room tunnel the girls from their locker room. it'd be kind of cool to do a men's tunnel cam. the girls tunnel cam would be kind of lack luster not much surprise and element to that seeing as they just walk across where fans walk in and stuff.

Comment

• Re: Men's Basketball attendance

The women could also access through the tunnel. The training room connects from the women's side and mens.

Comment

Blue Hat, you start the "We Want the Jacks" chant when the bigscreen goes to the tunnel cam.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

i most definately do that. if only the pep band wasnt so loud and played the same songs over and over. anyways time for nascar qualifying

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                            Blue Hat, you start the "We Want the Jacks" chant when the bigscreen goes to the tunnel cam.
                            "We Want The Rabbits" has a better rhythm to it for a chant . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I like the idea of making the upper section a bowl like atmosphere.  I think there is a lot of wasted space up there too.
                              I like the idea but, Frost Arena has stair wells in the two corners opposite the Chair back seating. Those stairs are needed for restroom facilities and lower level concession stand. To do it right! I believe SDSU would have to expand Frost Arena to include a concourse behind the seats and add concession, restroom, (hospitality areas?). The only way is with major renovations and $$. Anyone else (besides me) willing to win the lottery?
                              We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town

I like the idea but, Frost Arena has stair wells in the two corners opposite the Chair back seating. Those stairs are needed for restroom facilities and lower level concession stand. To do it right! I believe SDSU would have to expand Frost Arena to include a concourse behind the seats and add concession, restroom, (hospitality areas?). The only way is with major renovations and $$. Anyone else (besides me) willing to win the lottery?
                                Yeah, I'm in the Powerball pretty much whenever it gets above $80M or so.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X