Men's Basketball attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Men's Basketball attendance

there's a good picture of some of our best fans someone bus the 12 people in the front row to all of our games and let us be rowdy...show our rabbit pride

Comment

We should bring the girl standing behind me in the pink too. Even though she is in the second row.

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
        To do it right! I believe SDSU would have to expand Frost Arena to include a concourse behind the seats and add concession, restroom, (hospitality areas?). 
        I have also thought Frost would be awesome this way. They could have permanent bowl seating for the upper deck then. They could also have a suite level on the South side. Frost would be so much better this way. A full bowl up top would create such a good atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by JH81
          The easiest solution to everyone's grand ideas would be to build an all new facility with seating for about 7500. Not too big, not too small. Quaint venue. Small enough that seating can be at a premium. Don't get me wrong, Frost is a great facility, but many on here seem to think there are enough changes needed that an entirely new facility would solve everything and probably save some costs. Just think of it, in a new facility there could be corporate suites, a presidential suite, new student section closer to the court, chairback seating all around, hospitality everywhere.  Oh to have won the $365 million lottery.
          Oh I dont know about a new facility and I think Frost is still a long ways from having lines of ticket buying fans that stream all the way to Mc Donalds on sixth street.  What you are saying about suites etc is very true as that seems to be the sign of the times and how new arenas are being built and sold to the business community.

I don't have any photos and I suppose they can be found on the internet, but Oklahoma State U. at Stillwater upgraded their old facility that had a capicity of about 6500, and they did that by taking the roof off and apparently building the building higher and added considerable more seating.  That might also be an option down the road.

To win the that 365 million would solve our problems provided that t specific winner were to fill out his Jackrabbit Club Pledge card and include 100 million as the amount pledged.  ;D

The sad part about winning lotteries is all of a sudden there are more priorities than there is lottery winnings.  

Right now we need to average higher than our 2000 for home games, and maybe that will come with a better product for both Men and women BB.

Yes I have been very impatient, but I do think all the current problems will be resolve one way or another. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            someone bus the 12 people in the front row to all of our games and let us be rowdy...show our rabbit pride
            Don't buses hold around 40? ;D
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

i think buses do. but i only really know about 15 superfans or so. us students need to step up our cheering and support next year some of the crowds were quite lack luster. micheal loney's girlfriend really gets into the games. we need to bring her along too isn't there still a back of the bus gang?? or am i imagining things from the past?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

"We Want The Rabbits" has a better rhythm to it for a chant . . .

Am I remembering it right that SDSU fan's chanted something similar to "Here Come the Bunnies" before one of the regional games in the late 90's. May have been Northern or Metro. Little foggy on the memory (excessive consumption of beer has that effect) but I think it happened

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

Am I remembering it right that SDSU fan's chanted something similar to "Here Come the Bunnies" before one of the regional games in the late 90's. May have been Northern or Metro. Little foggy on the memory (excessive consumption of beer has that effect) but I think it happened
                  The all-time best for me was the Cal State Hayward NCAA quarterfinal game in 1985. We kept up a "We Want The Rabbits" chant for at least fifteen minutes before the team came out. When Hayward came out you could see their eyes were about a foot wide, staring at that crowd.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The all-time best for me was the Cal State Hayward NCAA quarterfinal game in 1985.  We kept up a "We Want The Rabbits" chant for at least fifteen minutes before the team came out.  When Hayward came out you could see their eyes were about a foot wide, staring at that crowd.

I was at that game filbert. They looked like a deer in headlights. Great game also.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town

I like the idea but, Frost Arena has stair wells in the two corners opposite the Chair back seating.  Those stairs are needed for restroom facilities and lower level concession stand.  To do it right! I believe SDSU would have to expand Frost Arena to include a concourse behind the seats and add concession, restroom, (hospitality areas?). The only way is with major renovations and $$.  Anyone else (besides me) willing to win the lottery?  
                      Couldn't this concourse be under the new bowl seating?
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The all-time best for me was the Cal State Hayward NCAA quarterfinal game in 1985.  We kept up a "We Want The Rabbits" chant for at least fifteen minutes before the team came out.  When Hayward came out you could see their eyes were about a foot wide, staring at that crowd.

As I recall Cal State Hayward had won their previous tournament game in front of just a few hundred fans.
                        A few of their players came out early to look at the crowd. They were good naturedly booed and couple of players blew kisses back at the crowd.

That night was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at a game.
                        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

The all-time best for me was the Cal State Hayward NCAA quarterfinal game in 1985. We kept up a "We Want The Rabbits" chant for at least fifteen minutes before the team came out. When Hayward came out you could see their eyes were about a foot wide, staring at that crowd.

I seem to recall that they only had one caucasian player on their team and he was the only player at the end of the game that hadn't taken off his warm up shirt. The crowd started cheering "Let Jerry play, Let Jerry play!" He came in and missed a couple of shots but finally knocked one down and the place went nuts.

Needless to say it was forty minutes of chaos when the Jacks were on the court.

That Regional Tournament was absolutley the most elctric atmosphere that I've seen in Frost Arena and I've been going to games since the "Barn"!

Great memories! Can't wait for future memories in D-I!!!

SUPERBUNNY OUT
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X