Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Sky is Blue

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    I was watching the sunset last night and the the horizon was competely red. Go Mavericks!!!
    Smog maybe?
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
      I was watching the sunset last night and the the horizon was competely red. Go Mavericks!!!
      I'm sure that was more of a Husker red than a Mav red. I would guess that for some reason the Husker nation was rising up out west and that's what you saw.

Cloudy and cruddy here in the Twin Cities today.

Had a ray of sunshine yesterday though as Keith Mahlum dropped in for a quick visit and update on all things SDSU Jacks.

Comment

Keith didn't swing down to Rochester as far as I know. Would have treated him to dinner if he had. He would have gotten awfully wet, though. Still cloudy and windy here today but no rain.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          Keith didn't swing down to Rochester as far as I know.  Would have treated him to dinner if he had.  He would have gotten awfully wet, though.  Still cloudy and windy here today but no rain.
          High level meetings here in the Cities, that's how I ended up on his schedule Gotta say though, as a former athlete and employee it's still nice of Keith to take time out of his schedule to drop in and say hi. Just happens he was in my neck of the woods. Goes to show that there are quality people making every effort to spread the word of SDSU and make this transition a successful one.

Comment

That red that they were seeing in Omaha wasnt from the Huskers south of them. Explanation is plain and simple...toxic waste rising from the yards. Hold your breath were going through Omaha. :-X :-X :-X
            Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
              That red that they were seeing in Omaha wasnt from the Huskers south of them.  Explanation is plain and simple...toxic waste rising from the yards. Hold your breath were going through Omaha. :-X :-X :-X
              Go Jacks!
              My dad always said the same for Sioux City followed by Catch your breath before Omaha.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Beautiful sunny day and blue skies. Gotta love being one of the Jackrabbit faithful.

Comment

Mav1 - I saw the same sunset and thought the same. Two great minds truly do think the same!! Go Mavs and go Huskers and go Creighton

PS - This officially pertains to sdsu bc SDSU is playing CU and NU this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                    Mav1 - I saw the same sunset and thought the same.  Two great minds truly do think the same!!  Go Mavs and go Huskers and go Creighton

PS - This officially pertains to sdsu bc SDSU is playing CU and NU this year.
                    Mavpower,

I've been meaning to ask, what's with the name change?

Comment

Mavpower just seems to more accurately represent the sign of the times at uno. ;D

Comment

Wow. I didn't know that UNO was able to gain so much power out of the 4-8 and 5-7 conference records that their basketball teams posted this year. Perhaps they will receive an automatic invitation to the Elite 8 next spring if they can just get over .500 in conference play.......

BTW- what are the the mighty, all-powerful UNO Mavs going to do when the NCC falls apart at the seams when UND goes to D-1?

I have a hunch the sky will be pretty gray and gloomy over MavLand when UND bolts to greener pastures..........

Comment

Sky is very blue in Nebraska today. Nebraska and Creighton play in a matchup of top 25 teams. Probably draw around 10,000 people to the game which is more than the entire population of South Dakota minus the rednecks. UNO women's softball is ranked #14 and our baseball team is 23-7. Best of all I don't have to work at Dairy Queen like someone else we know.

Mavs#1

P.S. This is related to SDSU in the fact that the rabbits played the Huskers and Bluejays are afraid to play the Mavericks.

Comment

The sky is probably blue in Nebraska because my aim with an M-16 in my ROTC leadership class sucks and I probably sent some stray bullets that pierced the "Mav" Red Sky. ;D

Comment

You got fired from Dairy Queen, Mav?

You say your posts are related to SDSU, but I'm having some difficulty figuring out how they are related to, well, anything. I don't think I'm the only one scratching my head thinking "I <i>believe</i> that is <i>intended</i> to be some sort of smack..."

Aren't you the one who said that women's sports doesn't matter? But thanks for the update on the D-II softball poll.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1

Aren't you the one who said that women's sports doesn't matter? But thanks for the update on the D-II softball poll.

That would be Mavpower.

Comment

Working...
                                X