Tim Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tim Miles

Filbert is right, this shouldn't be a Nagy v. Miles comparison.

Tim Miles is a great coach. Just because he isn't a Jackrabbitt does not mean his is a terrible coach as some claim. Maybe his connection with the University of Mary is helping him, but look at what he did at Southwest State. It took them to the Elite Eight. He has also done a nice job at NDSU. He is a qualified coach, and is an up and comer. He is not being considered for the UNC Wilmington job on his Badger upset, but the job he has done throughout the years. If Nagy would ever leave SDSU, I would welcome Tim Miles with open arms in Frost.

There is no need to diss Miles on this board. He is a fellow South Dakotan (born and raised in Doland-Conde) and has connections to NSU. I wish him luck and hope he gets the job if he wants it.

Sorry to call you out, but JackGuyII.....calling out SDSUFan as pandering to the Bison - give me a break. He did no such thing.

Comment

Go over and read his full comments and the response of the Bison fans and decide for yourself. SDSUFAN has decided recently the Jacks can't do anything right and the Bison are doing everything right.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII

I do think the Jacks win over the Bison in Brookings was more significant than the blowout loss in Fargo based on who was on the floor at the end of the game. I know you have some real issues with Nagy and Larson over some of the players they have recruited and yes there should be some criticism, but it's not easy to understand how a player will perform on or off the court once they get to campus. If anyone figures that out please let the coaching staff know your formula.

You are right about that I do have problems with the recruiting, and lets see where we are one year from now. President Miller gave Coach Nagy another year I guess I can too, but after that.........Who knows

I don't understand  why you are trying to make me some kind of disloyal oger. I am not. I dont hide my opinions about SDSU athletics. If something good can be said I will say it and agree with anyone else who says it but as far as the Men's BB program, I am not happy with what has been accompolished so far. Is that being disloyal? I do not think so. I am giving an honest opinion.

As far as the Bison, they have had one guy transfer, namely Andrew Brown to SD Tech, a Bismarck native by the way and most of their roster will be back for another season. NDSU does not  have guys who are wanting to give the program up like we seem to have. Where is Landon Scott, Joe Green Jake Wenig, Mr Keller and the list goes on? I think its fair ask why the turnover, without being accused of pandering to NDSU.

Here is the webpage.  Do a search on all I said over there and tell me how it is different from what I said here.
        www.bisonville. BTW I use the same handle over on Bisonville.

Comment

The sky is blue...discuss

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...85;start=22#22

Comment

Just my two cents on Coach Miles:

1. Even though he may be fun to heckle at Frost, he is a good coach as evidenced by NDSU's 16-12 record this year and its win AT Wisconsin.

2. He took the SW Minn. St. program, one better known for its '70s futility, to the Elite 8, helping the trend that the NSIC could compete with the NCC in basketball.

3. He is eager to climb the ladder. He went from Mayville (2 seasons) to SMSU (4 seasons) before heading to NDSU. If I were a college AD who wanted to build a program, I wouldn't hire Miles because I couldn't count on him staying around for the long-term. I, however, would hire him to turnaround a program in order to make it more-attractive for a long-term coach.

4. The elite coaches need to be able to win a reasonable (35-50%) number of away games against their top rivals. Miles, despite the high-caliber talent he has had, hasn't been able to win at Frost, period.

Comment

SDSUFan, I will first off give you credit for speaking your mind but I will not give you credit for your dislike of Nagy and his staff.  If you do...seriously in your heart think they are wrong or bad for the program you must have a sharp spur up your rear end.

It has been said time and time again why such people as Wenig, Green, Kellar, etc. have left...are we worst off because of it?  No...search into the background reasons for some of these young men leaving the program and school? Landon Scott, ha, know his dad, kid thought he was to cool for school. Think when he found out that he had to go to class and play defense it didnt fit his dream.

NDSU has had one good year and you are almost servicing thier coach and admin.  The Badger win was huge, but lets be serious, shooting 26% from the field I think a lot of so-so teams would of beat them that particular evening.  Did you watch the highlights...clank, clank, air ball, air ball...it wasnt a pretty night for Wisconsin.  Dont tell me it was because of the defense either...those clank, clanks and air balls were uncontested.

Now back to Tim Miles, great coach good luck to him.  Will see how the Bison match up to the Jacks in the next couple of years and then I'll make my decision on their program.  

We have had a couple of down years and you are screaming bloody murder for a new staff.  By the way...Peggy made the statement on SN being here for another year to shut up the rumor mill that thought he was getting ousted.  A lot of that mill was generated right here by the way.

Go Jacks!

Comment

It's nice to see that we can argue about our staff and troubles that have been had. Just nice to know that we're not the only school in the upper midwest having problems retaining players, and this from a program that is two years removed from a final four.

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/349045.html

Broback becomes third player to leave Gophers
                A junior forward and the team's leading scorer, she is the latest to exit since the U completed a season that featured failure at the end.
                Jerry Zgoda, Star Tribune

Gophers junior forward Jamie Broback, the team's leading scorer, is the latest to exit since the U completed a season that featured failure at the end.

David Joles, Star Tribune

Women's hockey: Badgers spoil three-peat plans
                Gophers women's basketball starting junior forward Jamie Broback on Monday became the third player in 11 days to leave the team after a season that ended with her benched for the last 18 minutes of a first-round NCAA tournament loss.

*more article in link*

Comment

Originally posted by #81
                  It's nice to see that we can argue about our staff and troubles that have been had.  Just nice to know that we're not the only school in the upper midwest having problems retaining players, and this from a program that is two years removed from a final four.

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/349045.html

Broback becomes third player to leave Gophers
                  A junior forward and the team's leading scorer, she is the latest to exit since the U completed a season that featured failure at the end.
                  Jerry Zgoda, Star Tribune

Gophers junior forward Jamie Broback, the team's leading scorer, is the latest to exit since the U completed a season that featured failure at the end.

David Joles, Star Tribune

Women's hockey: Badgers spoil three-peat plans
                  Gophers women's basketball starting junior forward Jamie Broback on Monday became the third player in 11 days to leave the team after a season that ended with her benched for the last 18 minutes of a first-round NCAA tournament loss.

*more article in link*
                  I sure hope the gopher's womens coach doesn't leave/get fired...

I can think of one young Minnesota native who has had a boatload of success coaching women's bball that i bet would look pretty attractive to the gopher's program.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

My wife's little brothers (17 & 19) were here over the weekend and brought with them NCAA 2k6. Both Nagy and Miles were fired after their first season on the game. Don't worry, though. CJ (bro-in-law) picked up the coaching slack and took the SDSU Jackrabbits to the dance only 3 years into his reign. See, it can be done. And, CJ's only 19 and doesn't even know what help side defense even means! And, the sun's shining here today.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Word from Bisonville is that Miles was offered the UNC-W job. He will make a decision soon....

Comment

THey said on the radio this morning that he turned it down. Said the time was not right.

Comment

Sitting in Fargo this weekend for a sales meeting. The Forum here had a nice article on the Miles situation. A lot of factors went in to his decision...personally I am proud of Mr. Miles for his reasoning.

On a side note...the Forum also had a great article on the Bison spring football game taking place on Saturday.

The whole front page of the Forum sports section dedicated to their only Div. I team in all sports within the State of ND.
                          Maybe the Argus should take some trips up here to get an education?

Then again I doubt sometimes if the sports staff at the Argus understand there is a University to the North of SF. (Minus Mr. Solari of cource but with him on vaction they have really dropped the ball.)

If its negative they dont miss a beat. They still dont understand the power house teams of Div IAA...if they did, Spewy would actually have to write something positive. Considering our schedules in the future, I think he would turn a brighter shade of red than his nose gets after he pulls it out of the U's arse. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

GO JACKS!

Comment

Working...
                          X