Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Arrogance on Here is Unreal

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
    [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1150088637/15#26 date=1150267541]I am surely not here to impress anyone on this board.  

Why are you here?
    [/quote]

Two theories:

1. I would imagine the spelling got him ridiculed to the point he couldn't handle the heat on the 'Yote board. After all, they consider themsleves so intellectually superior!

2. Coyote_Fan picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Best of luck to USD in the future!

Adios Coyote_Fan!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

You know, what Coyote Fan is smacking about is indicitive of a long-standing bout of envy on the part of Coyotes... especially if you've ever read the book "The College on the Hill" by Amy Dunkle and V.J. Smith (darn good read, by the way!)

Ever since our humble little "cow college" surpassed the "flagship" in attendance, USD has tried to...

1) STEAL SDSU's College of Pharmacy in the 1950s

2) RIP a major part out of SDSU's heritage by trying to get rid of our engineering college TWICE!!! Once in the 1930s (to take for itself) and the second time in 1971, when the Regents considered moving the college to SD Tech... most of the Regents were either USD grads or connected in some way to USD.

3) BACKSTAB other schools by asking for their help when Regental decisions would have reduced USD degree offerings by 20-percent. Those schools came to their aid, but when other schools faced similar fates (including SDSU and Northern), USD did not lift a FINGER to help those schools.

And you have the GALL to call us ARROGANT???? SCREW U!

And by the way... the only "Pride" is the "Pride of the Dakotas" the marching band for, guess what? SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!

The lesson, Coyote Fan, never get in a war of wits with those who buy their ink by the gallon!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
        This post does prove one thing.  SDSU fans still care alot about what happens with USD.  With all the hating of USD that is shown from SDSU fans shows me the respect they still have for the red and white.  If Rabbit fans didn't care or respect USD the response wouldn't have already reached 20 replies and counting.  If your fans truley are focusing on D1 and all the benefits why is it when D1 teams come to Frost the arena draws about 2 or 3K but when USD comes it always sells out.  It may be much about hate, but it also shows a respect.  If USD moved up to D1 Frost and the Dakotadome would be back to selling out or nearly doing do.  It's about rivalries and rivalries cannot be forced You can try to sell a product like Ball St or Valparaiso but the people in Brookings are still 5 times more enamored with USD.  That is very hard to argue with.  So go ahead and critisize me, I can deal with it but the attention that you have paid this post proves all that I needed to know.
        I have little or no respect for most things as the apply to USD. To suggest that Brookings residents are "enamored" with USD is ridiculous at best. The replies all pertain to advantages SDSU has over a smaller school that has long been envious of the more successful institution we here know as our alma mater.

If you think our attention to this post has anything to do with concern about USD or yourself, then you my friend need to check out of that ivory tower. Really, I find your posts entertaining as they only solidify my assertions about USD fans, they all wish they had what we do. A storied history of past success and a future with endless possibility. I don't think you or most USD fans feel that way right now.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

However Coyote Fan is correct about attendance. A game between SDSU and USD will draw almost twice the attendance of any other school that SDSU might play. Frost Arena games between SDSU/USD sell out (used to sell out). Frost Arena games between SDSU/NDSU (our new rival) draw maybe 4 or 5 thousand.

Comment

coyote Fan,
            I have no "respect" for usd, and I do not miss the rivalry in any way. On the other hand I respect NDSU's program and our newfound rivalry with the Bison. They run a very nice, quality program and I love the competition and ferocity of the games with them-They are a peer institution to SDSU.
            I dont view usd in this light at all. NDSU has class, and I like the interaction with their fans prior to games, I cant say the same for your program having any class or wanting to interact with any coyote fans. Please stay D2 where you belong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1
              However Coyote Fan is correct about attendance.  A game between SDSU and USD will draw almost twice the attendance of any other school that SDSU might play.  Frost Arena games between SDSU/USD sell out (used to sell out).  Frost Arena games between SDSU/NDSU (our new rival) draw maybe 4 or 5 thousand.  
              You have to remember that SDSU/USD had one hundred and some odd years to develop into the rivalry that we all saw at the turn of this last centrury. Plus it had other aspects going for it like the fact we both resided in the same state. SDSU/NDSU is well on its way to being a healthy strong rivalry, we just have to give it some time (and i don't mean the hundred some years we gave the other rivalry).

On the other hand, I will be the first to admit I would probably rather see SDSU/USD play than SDSU/Utah Valley State like was mentioned earlier in the thread. Does this make me a backwards thinker, maybe. It doesn't mean that I am not 100% a supporter of the Division 1 move. I just envision the positives of D1 like playing the gophers, nebraska, montana, uni, and others more than some of the lower level d1 schools. I would assume this is how many of SDSU's fans feel, and maybe just don't say it publically too much...maybe i am wrong. It seems to me the vocal supporters of never playing USD etc. again are our loyal supporters from outside of SD. Does this have a correlation, who knows? But maybe these fans didn't see too many of the SDSU/USD games in the recent past anyway, so they aren't missing those events now. Just ramblings from me, they may be far off base, and if so let me have it.

Go Jacks!
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I'm out of state. I saw ALL of the SDSU/usd games right up until the end. and I still don't care about them.
                Moved up... Moved on...

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                  [quote author=Jacks-D1 link=1150088637/30#33 date=1150315062]However Coyote Fan is correct about attendance.  A game between SDSU and USD will draw almost twice the attendance of any other school that SDSU might play.  Frost Arena games between SDSU/USD sell out (used to sell out).  Frost Arena games between SDSU/NDSU (our new rival) draw maybe 4 or 5 thousand.  
                  You have to remember that SDSU/USD had one hundred and some odd years to develop into the rivalry that we all saw at the turn of this last centrury.  Plus it had other aspects going for it like the fact we both resided in the same state.  SDSU/NDSU is well on its way to being a healthy strong rivalry, we just have to give it some time (and i don't mean the hundred some years we gave the other rivalry).

On the other hand, I will be the first to admit I would probably rather see SDSU/USD play than SDSU/Utah Valley State like was mentioned earlier in the thread.  Does this make me a backwards thinker, maybe.  It doesn't mean that I am not 100% a supporter of the Division 1 move.  I just envision the positives of D1 like playing the gophers, nebraska, montana, uni, and others more than some of the lower level d1 schools.  I would assume this is how many of SDSU's fans feel, and maybe just don't say it publically too much...maybe i am wrong.  It seems to me the vocal supporters of never playing USD etc. again are our loyal supporters from outside of SD.  Does this have a correlation, who knows?  But maybe these fans didn't see too many of the SDSU/USD games in the recent past anyway, so they aren't missing those events now.  Just ramblings from me, they may be far off base, and if so let me have it.  

Go Jacks![/quote]

The move to D1 has been a very hard sell and probably continues to be so. I think the media and all other parties were not looking for this move when it came on the scene a few years back. If there had been an existing demand and clamour to move to D1 WITHIN SOUTH DAKOTA AND SPECIFICALLY SIOUX FALLS, when we started this process, we woulld have a much different preception and acceptance. This was not the case. This is why it is a hard sell.

I dont think there is any correlation with alums in terms of location etc. I am sure those that are circulating everyday with people who have never heard of South Dakota State see the move as an advantage in the job market. If we are at least getting our name on the ESPN sticker each Saturday, it means something to them in terms of talking points with co-workers who have Ivy league, B10 and B12  creditials. So I suppose D1 has a great deal of meaning and more positive to those who are in the urban job market. I dont think for a minute that these same outofstate and urban alums have not cared about the USD games or followed them in the recent years. The Alumni Association has worked with USD and NDSU both on closed circuit video broadcasts and they have shown a great deal of interest. Its been one of the more sucessful things that the Alumni Assoication has accompolished. So out of staters do care about the USD games.

There is no question it would be nice and even helpful from every view point if USD had moved up with SDSU, but for countless reasons that dominate the archieves of this board, it did not happen. Right now, I see USD being forced to deal with this issue of moving up. I look for the adminstration at USD to start making the move to D1. Its always been their preception on everything looking bigger and better that what exists at SDSU.  Someone else on this board mentioned more than once that USD never seems to evaluate decisions on how it will affect USD, but rather will it be bigger and better than what exists at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark_Jack
                    I'm out of state. I saw ALL of the SDSU/usd games right up until the end. and I still don't care about them.
                    Moved up... Moved on...
                    I was afraid that was the response I was going to receive, I wasn't trying to single you out Ozark, or any other of our out of state alums on the board. What I was trying to get at was the casual fan who lives in South Texas is most likely more excited about us playing UTPA and TAMCC than USD purely for the fact they get to watch their jacks play more often. Similar reasoning as to why certain fans are rooting for certain conferences because the geography fits their situation better. I would think that truly they want the best situation for SDSU no matter what, but selfishly they may be hoping "their" conference comes through so it would be more convenient for them too. It's only natural to think this way.

What I was getting at personally was that i would rather see us play USD or UND (minus the extreme hatred if that's possible) in front of 8000 crazy fans than see us play Mississippi Valley St in front of 1100 impartials. Now would i give up playing Mississippi Valley for USD if that meant we couldn't play Montana, UNI, Wisconsin, Baylor, Minnesota, Illinois, etc...not a chance. That is why I am a supporter of the Division 1 move. The great experiences at the highest levels of D1 and D1AA and the exposure and positive impact it has on the university as a whole. Believe me, outside SD the fact that SDSU is a Division 1 university is making strides with prospective students and the public looking at our university. It will only be a few years until this starts to happen inside our state as well.

Comment

An SDSU-USD game would be a draw, but D-I teams almost never play D-II teams on the road. It's likely that USD would insist on a home-and-home series, and it's unlikely that SDSU would agree to this. If USD ever decides to make the move to D-I, the series would likely continue again.

Comment

Just to clarify, I am not advocating that we start to play USD or UND again right now because it would mean we would lose all the benefits that have come with the move which i truly enjoy. I am just saying I enjoyed that environment more than the games versus the bottom of D1 that we have seen lately. Our games with solid mid majors, the excitement of playing the big boys, and our games with NDSU are a different story all together. It all comes with the territory of the move, and it is all about weighing the positives and negatives. Believe me, I am not willing to give up the positives of the move for three games a year versus USD.

Comment

If SDSU is doing to play at least a couple D-II games for the forseeable future, how about a game against Northern State? It would be a well-attended game against an good D-II instate opponent.

Comment

northern state sdsu game would be a good one lots of talent on that roster from the area around brookings. the only respect i have for usd alumni are the ones who go from sdsu to usd to further their education. to get respect you have to show respect and for most of the usd alumni they have none towards sdsu and it goes on as generations of coyotes go through whatever it is you call your hallowed halls. anyways nag about what you want to usd people we made the move for the state. you may have the argus leader bias because lord knows stu and mick love the u.

Comment

To address the subject line of this thread, the teams of which I was a participant went 4-1 against USD and Augie in my 4 1/2 years of college. I'm arrogant about that and I rub it into the faces of all my USD/Augie family and friends. I believe I've earned the right. Now, wait for the emoticon because here it comes...
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Has anyone noticed this seems to be a pretty one-sided discussion?

Hello, Coyote_Fan, are you there? Or did you find out, as King Arthur did in the Holy Grail movie, that it's not wise to stumble unprepared into the rabbit's den?
                                ARTHUR: Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite.
                                ROBIN: Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
                                ARTHUR: Oh, shut up and go and change your armor.
                                GALAHAD: Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
                                ARTHUR: Like what?
                                GALAHAD: Well,....
                                ARTHUR: Have we got bows?
                                ???: No.
                                LAUNCELOT: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
                                ARTHUR: Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
                                Patiently awaiting the Holy Hand Grenade . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X