Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Arrogance on Here is Unreal

Originally posted by NightHawk78

P.S. Coyote_Fan, if you want to see a true example of arrogance, check out the NDSU fan board. Some of their members are already gunning for a move into I-A.  :-? :-? :-?
    For the record I don't care what the NCC schools do they can do what they please but I doubt NDSU will lend much of a helping hand to any of them in the near future if they do go DI.

As for IA that is coming from the top, both the AD and the Prez have said we will explore all options to get into a conference and the coach and the President even said NDSU could very well be IA in 15 years. I wouldn't call wanting to go IA arrogant just more of an optimistic view of where they feel NDSU should be. Nobody is bashing IAA or saying NDSU is dominating it, just maybe IA is the best fit for NDSU long term. If and when NDSU gets into a conference I expect the IA talk to die down quite a bit, unless we have an amazing year and finish #1 in the country or something like that.

Comment

USD didn't think far enough ahead and is going to pay when they are playing Dak St and Black Hills. Our leaders had a vision and knew where SDSU should be. I would not want to be in their Presidents shoes when UND declares for D1. To be the only one of four flagship universities in the Dakotas that is not D1 would have to be a little embarrassing. I really don't believe we left D2 because of the NCC, it was all of the little schools that are starting to take over the bottom half of the division. Sorry not that great at smack.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
        Here are my two cents on this discussion:

1) The Dakotadome (aka "Dakota Dump&quot barely contains room for a proper football field and is a horrendous venue for basketyball as only USD students have a chance of getting a good view there. Coyote_Fan, ask your fellow USD fans if they would want a new basketball arena; I wouldn't be surprised if 75-80% of them would prefer a new (and improved) venue.

Funny you should mention that NightHawk.  There is actually a poll on the USD message board addressing this same issue.  The results?  

86.6% said "yes, let's start fundraising today!"    

13.3% said "yes, but only if we go DI"    

0% said they would keep the Dakota Dome.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

For the record I don't care what the NCC schools do they can do what they please but I doubt NDSU will lend much of a helping hand to any of them in the near future if they do go DI.

As for IA that is coming from the top, both the AD and the Prez have said we will explore all options to get into a conference and the coach and the President even said NDSU could very well be IA in 15 years. I wouldn't call wanting to go IA arrogant just more of an optimistic view of where they feel NDSU should be. Nobody is bashing IAA or saying NDSU is dominating it, just maybe IA is the best fit for NDSU long term. If and when NDSU gets into a conference I expect the IA talk to die down quite a bit, unless we have an amazing year and finish #1 in the country or something like that.
          If the Bison make the jump to IA football, I guess I'll have to get some tickets to watch them play the Gophers in the Motor City Bowl or Music City Bowl. Let's see here.... DIAA National Championship or (your choice) City Bowl trophy? To silly for me to answer.

Comment

It's amazing actually.  SDSU is a whole fricken 2 years removed from the NCC and D2 and they act like they are some kind of a prestigious institution that doesn't even belong in the same company of the former NCC schools.
            I doubt you will find a single SDSU fan who thinks that SDSU doesn't belong in the same company as former NCC schools.

If several NCC schools move up you should be ectatic not hoping against it.
            And if these schools want to move up, they should go for it.

Look at your basketball team.  They are horrible, but according to many of you the level of competition is so high that the NCC couldn't even hang with them.  Just like SDSU mens basketball can barely win at home against a mediocre NSIC team.  So much for your stiff competition.
            Ah, the wonders of illogic. Your argument is that since SDSU played an NSIC team, that SDSU did not play stiff competition. That's like saying because I ate a piece of celery during Thanksgiving dinner, I didn't consume a lot of calories. If playing SW Minnesota State, playing Kentucky, Illinois, Nebraska and Minnesota is like stuffing yourself on turkey with gravy. And that's just the top of the schedule, the rest is still a lot stiffer than NCC competition.

Even if it is considered well above the NCC it's not as if the Jacks have had any success in mens basketball.  Maybe you should concentrate on keeping your players out of jail instead of worrying so much about what a prestigious institution SDSU suddenly is.
            Here's a news flash for you - D-I is tougher than D-II.

Just because your president decided to move to D1 doesn't mean you have accomplished squat.
            If that were all there was, you would be correct. However, more has happened than just deciding to go D-I. What has happened is that SDSU has actually done it.

Alot of you need to stop stomping all over your former conference mates because like it or not there is a possibility that the former NCC or at least part of it may be rejoining SDSU and NDSU in some form or another.
            Compared to your treatment of SDSU, Jackrabbit fans have practically fawned over the NCC. Sure, there is a possibility of other NCC schools moving up. Defecate or get off the toilet.

Show some respect already, because what you are going is disgracing your own school and where they came from just 3 short years ago.
            Show some respect? You have the arrogance to tell US to show some respect?

If the NCC is so terrible and so much below a school that is a D1 independent without an identity, well I guess if that is your idea of being on a higher pedestal then so be it, but your kidding yourself.
            Again, news flash: D-I is a higher level of competition than is D-II. That's simply iron-clad fact.

If SDSU can make the move to D1 then the other schools in the NCC can do the same.
            There is a world of difference between being able to move up and actually doing it.

Your football team has been horrible over the last several decades without any resemblance of success so I don't want to hear how great the D1AA is in football because half of the NCC including USD would do just as well or better than your football team is doing right now.
            In what world is 6-5 against higher-caliber competition considered "horrible"? You don't want to hear that I-AA is a higher level of competition that D-II? Well, the truth hurts, doesn't it? You can claim all you want that USD would do better if they moved up, but until USD does move up, it doesn't mean a thing.

Oh, and I believe the word you meant to use was "semblace", not "resemblance".

There isn't even any honorability in the program any more.
            There's no such word as honorability. Perhaps you meant "honor"? Of course, it's no surprise that you can't even spell the word "honor".  

So go ahead and hope that the NCC doesn't join your cause because if you get your wish and that doesn't happen it actually might leave you out in the cold.  If UND moves up and joins with NDSU and they both get excepted as a pair into a conference that would leave SDSU on an island all alone as a D1 independant with no where to go.
            If the other NCC schools eventually decide move up, SDSU will already have been in a conference for quite some time before these schools get a conference invitation.  

If some of the NCC teams move up they would have the same scholarship requirements that you have right now so it's not as if they wouldn't be worthy of the D1 status.
            If these schools move up, yes. But that is a big if. When they move up, they can be peers of SDSU, but not till then.

Just stop the arrogance already because it is getting you nowhere but a reputation of being a wannabe snob that really has no reason to stick your nose in the air.
            No one here could match 1,000th of the arrogance coming from you. Only in your jealous fantasies does SDSU have a reputation for arrogance. There is a lot of arrogance coming from USD fans, but you are by far the worst offender.

Comment

Masterful Fisking of Coyote_Fan's post, RodentiaX1!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This post does prove one thing. SDSU fans still care alot about what happens with USD. With all the hating of USD that is shown from SDSU fans shows me the respect they still have for the red and white. If Rabbit fans didn't care or respect USD the response wouldn't have already reached 20 replies and counting. If your fans truley are focusing on D1 and all the benefits why is it when D1 teams come to Frost the arena draws about 2 or 3K but when USD comes it always sells out. It may be much about hate, but it also shows a respect. If USD moved up to D1 Frost and the Dakotadome would be back to selling out or nearly doing do. It's about rivalries and rivalries cannot be forced You can try to sell a product like Ball St or Valparaiso but the people in Brookings are still 5 times more enamored with USD. That is very hard to argue with. So go ahead and critisize me, I can deal with it but the attention that you have paid this post proves all that I needed to know.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

i thought USD was prestigious school, known for academics. the spelling this person uses is horrible. perhaps it is a product of his schooling. in case you haven't been to Frost lately, here is an update. the seating has changed since our NCC years almost 5 K against NDSU and no dead rabbits thrown on the court is better than a sell out and and a dead rabbit on the court. the only red we care about up here is the red and black of the bobcats. why add fuel to the fire when your AD decided to cut ties with us when we moved up??? your post proved to us your spelling is horrible. to say our basketball program has had no success is an understatement. I'd like to see your team beat Alabama or Kentucky in women's ball. anyways enjoy mediocore in d2. at least we made a decision to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                    This post does prove one thing. SDSU fans still care alot about what happens with USD. With all the hating of USD that is shown from SDSU fans shows me the respect they still have for the red and white. If Rabbit fans didn't care or respect USD the response wouldn't have already reached 20 replies and counting. If your fans truley are focusing on D1 and all the benefits why is it when D1 teams come to Frost the arena draws about 2 or 3K but when USD comes it always sells out. It may be much about hate, but it also shows a respect. If USD moved up to D1 Frost and the Dakotadome would be back to selling out or nearly doing do. It's about rivalries and rivalries cannot be forced You can try to sell a product like Ball St or Valparaiso but the people in Brookings are still 5 times more enamored with USD. That is very hard to argue with. So go ahead and critisize me, I can deal with it but the attention that you have paid this post proves all that I needed to know.
                    You post on here that we're arrogant, and you're somehow surprised by the swift and heavy response? Then you say it's an indication of how important usd is to all of us. The pot calls the kettle what?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Is it possible to hate and respect an institution such as USD at the same time? Seems a little contridictory.

Comment

Coyote_Fan,

Let me tell you why your theory is all wet, it is called BigJake and Mavs #1. These two supporters of UNO have been coming over here to stir the pot for a long time and they can get an equal or greater response on this board then anything you have posted. Was UNO our rival? Did I respect UNO? Truth is I never really thought about UNO. I never hated UNO. Any D-I wannabe who comes over here can get the faithful riled up that is no accomplishment and proves nothing.

Heck a Dakota State supporter could post here get blasted by the board and it still wouldn’t change the fact that they like you play at a level below us. If you move up to D-I maybe you would be our rival again but until then you just aren’t and that is why I say good luck to you Coyotes. With some hard work and fund raising by your athletic department I am sure you can improve your program and rise above Northern State and become the dominate D-II school in South Dakota. Go get ‘em USD.

Go State, South Dakota's ONLY D-I University! 8-)

Comment

One thing that I have learned is that people that come on a board to critisize spelling usually only do so cause they don't have any other reason to formulate a reasonable response so they use those kinds of tactics as a comeback. Is it more lame to mispell words or call someone out for mispelling when that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Those that call out other people for mispelling I am sure have never made a spelling or grammar error now have they. Do you also tell people to their face when they have a lisp, how annoying their speech is. Who really cares about spelling, it's not as if I am writing a resume or something. I am surely not here to impress anyone on this board.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Your mission is accomplished. You have impressed no one. Now go back to the Butler Center (Dakota Dome) and mope.

Comment

Hey Coyote_Fan,

Is this you?

http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...782&page=6

Coyote Fan wrote:

"If USD does not go Division 1 they will be considered inferior to UND, NDSU and especially SDSU. USD has to do whatever it takes to make the step up or they will lose alot of prestige in North and South Dakota. They would be the only U or State U in the Dakota's to be in D2. To me this is unacceptable especially considering the kinds of schools that are joining D2 athletics.

When I went to school at USD it was an institution that was part of the best all around conference in D2. The NCC was prestigous. Now the NCC is a fragile conference on the verge of nearly being extinct. Right now many of the schools that brought good crowds to the Dakotadome are gone or on the verge of being so. The excitement level for basketball has been on the downslide since SDSU left for D1.

If USD stays D2 it is as good as a downgrade in my opinion. USD may be playing teams like Minot St, Mary and Black Hills St. As Coyote fans is that who you want as your peers. That could very well be on the horizon if USD doesn't do something aside from nothing. The entire image of USD will go down if this is the case. Schools are made or broken often times by athletics unless your a Harvard, Yale or Stanford and USD is not that. It is going to take some tough decisions and a ton of fund raising to do it but I would rather die trying that make the decision to be dead already in a weakened 5 state area of D2 athletics. If the NCC and D2 were in better overall shape I wouldn't nearly have the same issues with staying as I do now. USD has a chance to pair up with UND as NDSU did with SDSU. The time is now to move up if UND does. SDSU is struggling a bit in certain areas but at least they are going forward and not looking back. Does USD want to be paired with SDSU or Black Hills State. You choose.

Personally if things continue to deteriorate in D2 and the NCC I will be less likely to make the tip to the dome to see Coyote athletics because it's not the Coyotes athletics I have grown to love over the years. If it comes to donating to the school I can be sure I wouldn't give a dime to athletics if they are going to settle for less that they could settle for. If USD shows forward vision and makes an attempt to move up I will consider giving my fair share to making it happen.

I can gaurentee one thing though and this is really the bread and butter of the entire argument and which would be the breaking point for me as a fan. If USD excepts a situation where they are in a division or league that reduces from the current 36 scholarships in football I will be extremely disappointed.

By the was the fans have already reacted and posted it looks like I am in the minority in wanting to move up if UND does. I will not accept a lower standard of USD athletics and neither should you. a D2 NCC without UND and the addition of a few weaker schools is a lower standard like it or not. Might as well drop down and joing the GPAC as far as I am concerned. That is said with a bit of sarcasm so don't go freaking out
                              ."

I would like to thank the individual who PMed me to make me aware of this post, it is good stuff.  Thanks!  8-)

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                                I am surely not here to impress anyone on this board.  

Why are you here?
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X