I guess the Huskers won't be playing you next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I guess the Huskers won't be playing you next

but i like going off on uneducated morons ;D. such easy targets. and dumb ones too. heh anyways back to writing a term paper.

Comment

The word for today is "derision."

Derision.

Define, and use in a sentence.

Examples:

"The mav boys came to SDSUFans.com and were subjected to derision."
      "For the mav boys, derision from the SDSUFans.com forum posters was their only form of human contact other than interacting with their customers at the drive-up window at Wendy's."
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        The word for today is "derision."

Derision.

Define, and use in a sentence.

Examples:

"The mav boys came to SDSUFans.com and were subjected to derision."
        "For the mav boys, derision from the SDSUFans.com forum posters was their only form of human contact other than interacting with their customers at the drive-up window at Wendy's."
        I can see MAVPOWER and his friends scratching their heads and other parts thinking about that one filbert!

A top five post in my book!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I can never understand why I can't be a fan of several schools.  I graduated from Rockhurst College and  also took about 21 hours of classes at UMKC during that time and became a ROOS fan.  Lived in Seattle for five years and was a fb season ticket holder and became a Husky fan.  Moved to Omaha and like most people became a Husker fan and like most in Omaha also became a Creighton bb fan.   And of course my first team is in the UNO Mavs.  Maybe it is an issue of intellectual firepower.  Maybe people in SD can't concentrate on more than 1 team at a time bc it is too intellectually taxing.  I just happen to have the ability to be able to follow and enjoy more than one team at a time.  Keep doing your remedial studies and some of you will eventually be able to do the same thing, too.
          Filbert, 89Rabbit - If you are curious Rockhurst and UMKC are both over around 52nd and Troost over on the "other side of the tracks" according to most of you Johnson County types.  I know many of you Johnson County types think you have to have a passport to go east of Ward Parkway.  I know people in Johnson County who think the Plaza in dangerous and going downtown is just asking for trouble.
          I sure do miss Mav's posts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
            I can never understand why I can't be a fan of several schools. I graduated from Rockhurst College and also took about 21 hours of classes at UMKC during that time and became a ROOS fan. Lived in Seattle for five years and was a fb season ticket holder and became a Husky fan. Moved to Omaha and like most people became a Husker fan and like most in Omaha also became a Creighton bb fan. And of course my first team is in the UNO Mavs. Maybe it is an issue of intellectual firepower. Maybe people in SD can't concentrate on more than 1 team at a time bc it is too intellectually taxing. I just happen to have the ability to be able to follow and enjoy more than one team at a time. Keep doing your remedial studies and some of you will eventually be able to do the same thing, too.
            Filbert, 89Rabbit - If you are curious Rockhurst and UMKC are both over around 52nd and Troost over on the "other side of the tracks" according to most of you Johnson County types. I know many of you Johnson County types think you have to have a passport to go east of Ward Parkway. I know people in Johnson County who think the Plaza in dangerous and going downtown is just asking for trouble.
            It's called loyalty. And your lack of it is why you have no credibility on this board and why most here find you to be a major waste of time. Your post says it all. You say you're a fan of this team in one sport and that team in another sport, and if the wind is from the west on a Tuesday morning while you're driving north, you might be a fan of another team. Fine. You can be a fan of lots of teams, but preface each of those with the word "casual" (or move to Kansas where you can be a K-State fan during football season and a Jayhawk fan during basketball season). We're JACKRABBIT FANS. Nothing casual nor questionable about our loyalty. That's the difference. That's where you don't get it. And you never will. It would be too intellectually taxing.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
              I can never understand why I can't be a fan of several schools. I graduated from Rockhurst College and also took about 21 hours of classes at UMKC during that time and became a ROOS fan. Lived in Seattle for five years and was a fb season ticket holder and became a Husky fan. Moved to Omaha and like most people became a Husker fan and like most in Omaha also became a Creighton bb fan. And of course my first team is in the UNO Mavs. Maybe it is an issue of intellectual firepower. Maybe people in SD can't concentrate on more than 1 team at a time bc it is too intellectually taxing. I just happen to have the ability to be able to follow and enjoy more than one team at a time. Keep doing your remedial studies and some of you will eventually be able to do the same thing, too.
              Filbert, 89Rabbit - If you are curious Rockhurst and UMKC are both over around 52nd and Troost over on the "other side of the tracks" according to most of you Johnson County types. I know many of you Johnson County types think you have to have a passport to go east of Ward Parkway. I know people in Johnson County who think the Plaza in dangerous and going downtown is just asking for trouble.
              That's nice, but maybe you should see somebody about your problem of imprinting on whatever college team happens to be in front of you at the time. No wonder you're so confused.

As for me, the only reason I have had for visiting the UMKC campus is when SDSU's volleyball team played there. I have several friends who have attended or are attending Rockhurst; several of my in-laws are UMKC grads. My wife attended the University of Tennessee--we made two separate trips last year to Knoxville go to women's basketball games. (I have also therefore acquired the UT distaste for UConn.) I annually attend the Women's Final Four. I know how to make and use the Baylor bear-claw.

I don't live in Johnson County, or Kansas at all for that matter. I do however enjoy occasionally going to KU Jayhawks men's basketball games (I know how to clap like an alum to I'm a Jayhawk, too). Last year I also (horrors!) went to a Mizzou football game.

I go to the MIAA basketball tournament in Kansas City, and last year worked as a volunteer for the NAIA tournament in Kansas City. I've also worked as a volunteer for the Big XII tournament, last time it was here in town and will likely do so again when it comes to the Sprint Center.

But I went to SDSU and am first and foremost a Jackrabbit fan. So pardon me if I find your touching little lecture about how many teams you follow a bit, well, underwhelming.

Let's see, is there any other point in your post you were wrong about? Oh, yeah, you're also mistaken regarding the quality of posts by users whose nicknames start with Mav*, except perhaps as comic relief.

Have a nice day.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Don't waste your time going to the naia tournament - that tourney unofficially died when it went to Tulsa but it died a long time ago when the naia turned into a bunch a church playing schools for a championship.  The interesting teams with colorful histories left long ago - ky state, maryland eastern shore,
                norfolk state, augustana,ill,unk, etc
                By the way here is a link that is a warning to sdsu that might happen if you don't ramp up your attendance in a hurry
                http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_xid=429

Comment

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=...;u_sid=2192993

'Devastated': UNO cuts five positions

BY ROB WHITE

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

The UNO athletic director eliminated five jobs Tuesday, including the No. 2 position in the department.

Associate Athletic Director Deb Denbeck, men's basketball assistant coach Mitch Mosser, women's basketball assistant coach Brad Schick and assistant sports information director Mike Kros are among those who lost their jobs.

"To have to let somebody go, especially when it's not for performance reasons, that really hurts," UNO Athletic Director David Herbster said.

UNO is reducing its budget by $440,000 because of a revenue shortfall.

In addition to the terminations, Herbster said each of the 14 sports programs is being asked to cut its operating expenses. UNO declined to provide salary figures, but Herbster said the salaries of the five eliminated positions made up the majority of the $440,000.

"We've been working through the budget process and dealing with how to balance the budget for quite a while now," Herbster said. "You're trying to come up with solutions, but you get to a point where the numbers you put down have to match up."

Herbster said the cost of UNO's NCAA Division I hockey team playing its home games at Qwest Center Omaha is roughly $20,000 per night, but he doesn't blame that expense for the revenue shortfall.
                  "The Qwest Center has been a great partner for us, and our goal is to work with them in filling the place," Herbster said. "That's an incredible opportunity for us, an unbelievable venue to play in."

Nice job of taking a UNO negative and trying to spin it into an SDSU negative.

Keep chasing that hockey dream Mavie.

Comment

Time for the MAV boys to pull out their colors and colored pencils. UNO wants you to design a new hockey logo. Time for them to use their 12 year old abilities and design something cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                      [quote author=jackmd link=1150583914/0#13 date=1150826535]
                      Like the comedian Ron White says, " You can fix most things, but you can't fix stupid!"

SUPERBUNNY

And, thanks to UNO, stupid has a place to go to school and teams to "support".
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We may not be playing nebraska in any sports but thats okay Iowa State sounds a little better, and their football teams haven't sucked lately

Comment

Coach Callahan might be afraid that his "West Coast" Huskers might not be able to handle some SDSU football.......tsk, tsk........perhaps we'll also be able to get a couple basketball games against the Cyclones in the near future. I know that the Mav Twins are really heartbroken over the fact that Iowa State, and not the Huskers, will be the first Big 12 team to play the Jacks.

Go State!!

Comment

I have to admit that Mavpower was right about UN-L upgrading the football schedule in the future as the Huskers have a home-and-home with Tennessee for 2016 and 2017.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2496988

The other question here is: Will UNO even have a football team come 2016 since their athletic department has been bleeding cash lately??

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              No need to worry about UNO or any morons who consider themselves UNO supporters.  Waste of time.  Now, if you want to hammer them for being morons, totally acceptable.  Understand that they are too stupid and ignorant to realize they are morons.  A form of bliss as they say.

Who's happier than the Mavs twins?

Gimme some more of that UNO pizza, Warren!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                                I have to admit that Mavpower was right about UN-L upgrading the football schedule in the future as the Huskers have a home-and-home with Tennessee for 2016 and 2017.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2496988

The other question here is: Will UNO even have a football team come 2016 since their athletic department has been bleeding cash lately??
                                Did you see how the Volunteers played last year? I'm not sure I'd call that an upgrade . . .

(Ooh, Snookums is going to get me for that one . . . )
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X