You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!  Sioux Falls 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!  Sioux Falls 3

Don't know much about Regent Hasebrook other than he was the same person who tried to do away with UNO fb 10 years ago, too. There doesn't seem to be the same nervousness this time around from the people at uno . Last time around he couldn't get one regent to agree with him. I would be amazed if anything came from this.

Comment

Re: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!  Sioux Fal

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
      Don't know much about Regent Hasebrook other than he was the same person who tried to do away with UNO fb 10 years ago, too. There doesn't seem to be the same nervousness this time around from the people at uno . Last time around he couldn't get one regent to agree with him. I would be amazed if anything came from this.
      It probably sounds good to the extreme conservatives that are likely all over his regental district. The remainder of the regents are probably more worried about how well Callahan will do in Year 3 -OR- what conference UNO will play when the NCC is finally put out of its misery.

Comment

Re: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!  Sioux Falls 3

Regent Hassbrook is neither a crackpot nor a nut. He has been involved in rural affairs for a number of years. He is up for re-election this year and this might be a reason for him to voice his opinion about UNO. He may not have all the union cards( Academic Degrees) that some of us have but none the less he is taken seriously and appears to have constituents sufficent to be re-elected twice.  Here is a profile of him from the offical UNL website:

http://www.nebraska.edu/board/members_hassebrook.shtml#

Comment

Definitely not a nut (I googled him and he's a very thoughtful advocate for rural America... and he's a Democrat) but he certainly has little love for UNO. I found a couple of instances other than the football team where he has shot down UNO on programs and building projects. In one case, UNO wanted to build student housing for 400 students, but Hassebrook opposed the plan because (and he said this) it might cause students to go to UNO instead of other Nebraska schools. He is a UN-L grad and since his interests are more in rural America and agriculture, he seems to have little time for or interest in Nebraska's urban campus.

Comment

Yes, you're right, it's awful. Don't move here, don't even consider visiting. And tell all your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
              Yes, you're right, it's awful.  Don't move here, don't even consider visiting.  And tell all your friends.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Mavpuff really would have wet himself several years ago when Money magazine named Sioux Falls the No. 1 Best Place to Live in the U.S.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                X