Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think the last week puts some things to rest

Originally posted by Haldersham
    You got to admit this is a very crazy season so far. Montana State upsets Colorado and then goes home to a loss to Chadron State. UND beats UNI.

Delta State nips Stephen A Austin. New Hampshire takes care of B10 Northwestern. There are others too. So draw your own conclusions.

BTW I am enjoying the USD Coyote board. Some coyote guy says the USD staff came to Brookings to get ideas from our games, and that is where they picked up tailgating. Also he claims all the SDSU fans are now coming to the Dakota Dome for games as SDSU is too awful to watch. Granted the first games have not been fun, but I dont I will ever point my car south to go to Vermillion.
    I got a kick out of that to. The tailgate thing is a BOR deal. The last two years has seen a big increase in tailgating, to the point last year students had a bus ala "the magic bus" in Iowa City if you've ever been there. Anyways, it was getting a little crazy for a "dry" campus, so we took a page from your book with the tailgate zone. Personally, i hate it, but what do you do?

Now for serious stuff. I would buy your argument about the week in week out grind of D1aa football if you practiced what you preach. Your schedule this year contaons D3 and NAIA schools. Oh, and Central Ark, a 1aa school who also has games with both USD and Augie. You know it and I know it, toplevel D2 football is good. UND is good, USD is good. There is good football played and the top teams can and do compete with 1aa schools. I know this much, when that UND score came down, many at USD started rethinking that trip to UCA as a game that instead of us representing well, that we had a good shot at winning it.

Comment

Re: I think the last week puts some things to rest

Originally posted by Yote53
      I got a kick out of that to.  The tailgate thing is a BOR deal.  The last two years has seen a big increase in tailgating, to the point last year students had a bus ala "the magic bus" in Iowa City if you've ever been there.  Anyways, it was getting a little crazy for a "dry" campus, so we took a page from your book with the tailgate zone.  Personally, i hate it, but what do you do?

Now for serious stuff.  I would buy your argument about the week in week out grind of D1aa football if you practiced what you preach.  Your schedule this year contaons D3 and NAIA schools.  Oh, and Central Ark, a 1aa school who also has games with both USD and Augie.  You know it and I know it, toplevel D2 football is good.  UND is good, USD is good.  There is good football played and the top teams can and do compete with 1aa schools.  I know this much, when that UND score came down, many at USD started rethinking that trip to UCA as a game that instead of us representing well, that we had a good shot at winning it.
      Agree with you on these points. I am interested to see what Coach Meierkort can do against what is reported to be a previously solid DII program moving up. I must admit I wasn't much interested in USD during the Austin era, except when they play SDSU, and not interested the last 2 years given the activity at SDSU. However, I am curious to see the result of this trip. When I spoke to Coach he was taking the high road, expecting to bet beat but wanting to represent. I wish the Coyotes the best.

All we can hope is that Stig can turn things around, the sooner the better or it will be a painfully long season. Time will tell.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X