Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO is irrelevant

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    last time I was in Omaha for pleasure, we ate at a place tucked into the old market.  It was in a little alley off the market.  The alley was a narrow brick lined walkway with shops on all sides.  Very good eats and a good wine selection.  Can't remember the name though as it's been a couple years since we went there.  Any idea what I'm talking about, either Mav?  You had to take a couple steps down from the main walkway to get into the place.  Not sure if this helps.

www.vmertz.com

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
      [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1157385913/15#27 date=1158945083]

This weekend Nebraska plays Creighton at the Qwest center and they are trying to break the single game attendence record for a Ncaa volleyball game of 12,500. They already have 10,000 sold. Might want to try e-bay closer to game. They just added 1,500 seats to the Qwest this summer and it might be worth checking if they have sold those tickets yet.
      If they really wanted to break the record Nebraska should have scheduled a good team to play (SDSU). Probably didn't want to risk losing to us again in another sport? Go Jacks Volleyball! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
      [/quote]

UPDATE:

#1 rated Nebraska defeats Creighton  27-30, 30-24, 30-13, 30-18

..................SDSU defeated Creighton 30-31, 30-24, 30-25, 30-25

hmmmmmmmmmm? Go Jacks!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Over the weekend a significant out come happened and it maybe it waa posted elsewhere.

SDSU defeated UNO in tennis 8 to 5 I believe. I guess the Mavs will not pick on the Jacks until they go D1. When is that going to happnen? NEVER!

Comment

sdsu beating creighton is a signficant outcome - can't say the same for tennis. I lost interest in tennis about the same time that connors and mcenroe retired. I don't even know if it was published in the Omaha World Herald or else it was buried so deep nobody noticed.But then when wins are in short supply in SD you have to celebrate whenever you can.
          The bad news is that it looks like a bleak winter in men's bb - the good news is the mid continent is coming to town and there are a lot of crappy teams in that conference you CAN beat.

Comment

We actually have a lot of promising young talent that will be taking the court this fall; you might be surprised, Mavpower. As for wins being in short supply, you haven't been paying attention; our women's basketball program has had twenty straight winning seasons!

As for being in the Mid-Con, it will be awesome when we win the conference tournament and make the Big Dance. Meanwhile, UNO (if they still have an athletic program) will be lucky to break .500 in whatever conference they slide into after the NCC goes under.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
              [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1157385913/15#29 date=1159209125]last time I was in Omaha for pleasure, we ate at a place tucked into the old market.  It was in a little alley off the market.  The alley was a narrow brick lined walkway with shops on all sides.  Very good eats and a good wine selection.  Can't remember the name though as it's been a couple years since we went there.  Any idea what I'm talking about, either Mav?  You had to take a couple steps down from the main walkway to get into the place.  Not sure if this helps.

www.vmertz.com[/quote]

That's the place. Doc, if you're looking for a nice place to wine and dine the missus, this is the place. Not crazy expensive, but expensive enough that you wouldn't want to eat there every week. Very neat atmosphere and a good wine selection. Thanks for the info, Mav Rule.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

IN A BOLD MOVE TO BRING RELEVANCE TO A SMALL FAILING UNIVERSITY (unodII) PRODUCERS OF THE REALITY SHOW "TOMMY GOES TO COLLEGE" HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE THEIR PRODUCTION COMPANY TO OMAHA TO AIR A NEW REALITY SHOW CALLED
                "TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN"

THE SHOW WILL FEATURE ROCKER TOMMY (I LIKE BIG MEALS) LEE, WHO WILL SEEK TO BECOME THE  unodII CHANCELLOR. School officials could not be reached for comment.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  This may be the case, but I am headed to Omaha next weekend (Sept 29th) and I am looking for some tips.  Believe it or not I think advice from the Mav boys would be welcome.

Looking for a place to grab a casual dinner and some drinks and then a night spot with live music or another form of entertainment.  We are staying near the Crossroads mall and UNO campus.

Need to catch the SDSU game so headphones would have to be acceptable  ;D.

Are the Mavs in town?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doc,

How was the trip and where did you go?

Comment

go ahead Doc talk to him.

No one on his own board will.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                      go ahead Doc talk to him.

No one on his own board will.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Go away loser!

Comment

I really hurt you with that one, didn't I?

A loser is someone who goes to another (higher class) school's board and posts every stupid thing they can think of to get attention and response from the faithful. They are not welcome on their own board because of their anger at everything and everyone.

You will notice that even though I usually frequent the "smack" section here I have never bothered to post anything on the
                        uno(dII) board.

If you would like to know why,  just check the heading of this thread.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                        X