Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO is irrelevant

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
    ***** Remember the 2nd richest man in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha - not Brookings, SD.
    How much money has Mr. Buffett given to UNO? Besides, Brookings has its share of well-to-do citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      [quote author=MAVPOWER link=1157385913/0#14 date=1158184623]
      Besides, Brookings has its share of well-to-do citizens.
      I am sure they do. : : : : : : : : : :

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
        Remember the 2nd richest man in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha
        And if you ask him about uno, he'll tell you it's a darn fun card game.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          [quote author=MAVPOWER link=1157385913/0#14 date=1158184623]***** Remember the 2nd richest man in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha - not Brookings, SD.
          How much money has Mr. Buffett given to UNO? Besides, Brookings has its share of well-to-do citizens.[/quote]

Looks like Warren has a favorite team but it is not in Nebraska......

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

This may be the case, but I am headed to Omaha next weekend (Sept 29th) and I am looking for some tips. Believe it or not I think advice from the Mav boys would be welcome.

Looking for a place to grab a casual dinner and some drinks and then a night spot with live music or another form of entertainment. We are staying near the Crossroads mall and UNO campus.

Need to catch the SDSU game so headphones would have to be acceptable ;D.

Are the Mavs in town? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is there still a Hooters on Dodge? My dad, brother and I went there before a wedding back in '94 - good times
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                This may be the case, but I am headed to Omaha next weekend (Sept 29th) and I am looking for some tips.  Believe it or not I think advice from the Mav boys would be welcome.

Looking for a place to grab a casual dinner and some drinks and then a night spot with live music or another form of entertainment.  We are staying near the Crossroads mall and UNO campus.

Need to catch the SDSU game so headphones would have to be acceptable  ;D.

Are the Mavs in town?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jack MD,

There is a new smoke free sports bar on 74th and Dodge called Indigo Joe's. Not my favorite sports bar in town but it is nice. If you are looking for some fine dining go up to the Westroads Mall which is west of there on 102nd and Dodge. You have Macaroni Grill and P.F. Chang's. The best restraunt that I have ever ate at in Omaha is just south of the Mall in Regency. It is called Flemings. It is more upscale and will drop you a Benjamin for two people, but it is worth it. Another option is Village Pointe on 168th and Dodge about ten miles west of where you are at. There is great shopping and so many great restraunts it is crazy. Make sure you take the new expressway to the right just past the interstate to get there faster. Not sure what kind of music you listen to but there is good night life to be had in Omaha. Let me know what you like. You can also never go wrong in the Old Market downtown. Great food and atmosphere. Let me know if you have any other questions and let me know how your trip went.

mavs #1

Comment

Very helpful, thanks for the info.

I will definitely stop at Indigo Joe's. Any smoke-free business will get my patronage in preference to others. Village Pointe sounds good. My wife likes PF Changs. If my brother and his wife want an upscale place Flemings sounds like it will do the trick.

What do you know about the Drover (sp?)?

As for music, anything will do.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hey Mav Twins:

Any idea on where I can get my hands on couple of tix for the DI Volleyball championships in December?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                      Hey Mav Twins:

Any idea on where I can get my hands on  couple of tix for the DI Volleyball championships in December?

Rabbit Verm,

I would wait to see if the Huskers are in it. If they don't make it tickets will be easy to get. Google "Ticket Express Omaha" and I believe they have tickets available.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        Very helpful, thanks for the info.

I will definitely stop at Indigo Joe's.  Any smoke-free business will get my patronage in preference to others.  Village Pointe sounds good.  My wife likes PF Changs.  If my brother and his wife want an upscale place Flemings sounds like it will do the trick.

What do you know about the Drover (sp?)?

As for music, anything will do.  

http://www.omahanightlife.com/barsclubs.php

Can't go wrong with the Drover. Great steaks and romantic atmosphere. Still prefer Flemings steaks. Melting Pot out at Village Point is fun dining experience. Great sports bar at Village point called the Scarlet and Cream Letter Club opened by ex-huskers including Scott Frost. Let the women shop while you watch football.

http://www.villagepointeshopping.com/stores.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                          [quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1157385913/15#23 date=1158942696]Hey Mav Twins:

Any idea on where I can get my hands on  couple of tix for the DI Volleyball championships in December?

Rabbit Verm,

I would wait to see if the Huskers are in it. If they don't make it tickets will be easy to get. Google "Ticket Express Omaha" and I believe they have tickets available.[/quote]

I've checked them out a couple of times. Tix are very expensive there (around $200/ticket). I'm not spending that much on tix. Heck, I only got $110/ticket for Red Sox vs. Yankees (in NY) last Saturday night. I have a friend who lives in Omaha who's also looking for tickets. He said the same thing, if the Huskers don't make it, tickets will be all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                            [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1157385913/15#24 date=1158943776][quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1157385913/15#23 date=1158942696]Hey Mav Twins:

Rabbit Verm,

I would wait to see if the Huskers are in it. If they don't make it tickets will be easy to get. Google "Ticket Express Omaha" and I believe they have tickets available.[/quote]

I've checked them out a couple of times.  Tix are very expensive there (around $200/ticket).  I'm not spending that much on tix.  Heck, I only got $110/ticket for Red Sox vs. Yankees (in NY) last Saturday night.  I have a friend who lives in Omaha who's also looking for tickets.  He said the same thing, if the Huskers don't make it, tickets will be all over the place.
                            [/quote]

This weekend Nebraska plays Creighton at the Qwest center and they are trying to break the single game attendence record for a Ncaa volleyball game of 12,500. They already have 10,000 sold. Might want to try e-bay closer to game. They just added 1,500 seats to the Qwest this summer and it might be worth checking if they have sold those tickets yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                              [quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1157385913/15#26 date=1158944758][quote author=Mavs Rule link=1157385913/15#24 date=1158943776][quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1157385913/15#23 date=1158942696]Hey Mav Twins:

Rabbit Verm,

I've checked them out a couple of times.  Tix are very expensive there (around $200/ticket).  I'm not spending that much on tix.  Heck, I only got $110/ticket for Red Sox vs. Yankees (in NY) last Saturday night.  I have a friend who lives in Omaha who's also looking for tickets.  He said the same thing, if the Huskers don't make it, tickets will be all over the place.
                              [/quote]

This weekend Nebraska plays Creighton at the Qwest center and they are trying to break the single game attendence record for a Ncaa volleyball game of 12,500. They already have 10,000 sold. Might want to try e-bay closer to game. They just added 1,500 seats to the Qwest this summer and it might be worth checking if they have sold those tickets yet.[/quote]

If they really wanted to break the record Nebraska should have scheduled a good team to play (SDSU). Probably didn't want to risk losing to us again in another sport? Go Jacks Volleyball! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

last time I was in Omaha for pleasure, we ate at a place tucked into the old market. It was in a little alley off the market. The alley was a narrow brick lined walkway with shops on all sides. Very good eats and a good wine selection. Can't remember the name though as it's been a couple years since we went there. Any idea what I'm talking about, either Mav? You had to take a couple steps down from the main walkway to get into the place. Not sure if this helps.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X