Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miracles Do Happen: UNO has a Message Board

Originally posted by jackmd
    Does everybody south of I-90 stretch the truth when it comes to attendance? I don't believe that attendance number, show me the asses in the seats.
    The bigger question is, from what I've seen at uno games, did any of those asses actually pay to sit there? Every night, especially for women's athletics, is girl scout night, or junior high volleyball night, or Brownie night. Seems like most of the uno fans there are screaming little girls who were lured by free tickets. Heck, every radio station in Omaha is offering fists full of free tickets to anyone willing to pick them up.

The other big question is, how many of those in attendance were uno fans? My guess is the minority. UNK travels well and supports it's teams way better than uno. It was probably like whenever the Jacks played bb there, 75 percent of the crowd was from the visiting team, the rest were Omaha Girl Scouts who got in free.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Be glad that Wisconsin Lacrosse brought all of their fans to watch their intramural football team kick your arse.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
        [quote author=jackmd link=1154062909/30#42 date=1158939983]Does everybody south of I-90 stretch the truth when it comes to attendance? I don't believe that attendance number, show me the asses in the seats.
        The bigger question is, from what I've seen at uno games, did any of those asses actually pay to sit there? Every night, especially for women's athletics, is girl scout night, or junior high volleyball night, or Brownie night. Seems like most of the uno fans there are screaming little girls who were lured by free tickets. Heck, every radio station in Omaha is offering fists full of free tickets to anyone willing to pick them up.

The other big question is, how many of those in attendance were uno fans? My guess is the minority. UNK travels well and supports it's teams way better than uno. It was probably like whenever the Jacks played bb there, 75 percent of the crowd was from the visiting team, the rest were Omaha Girl Scouts who got in free.[/quote]

What do you call a person who actually pays to watch a UNO event?
        A. A die-hard Mavs fan
        B. A fan of the visiting team
        C. An idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
          Be glad that Wisconsin Lacrosse brought all of their fans to watch their intramural football team kick your arse.
          It's probably time to drop the lame bit about the intramural team. If you went through the rosters of all the D-3 teams in Wisconsin, you would probably have enough players to create a team (or two) that would annihilate UNO on a regular basis and dominate D-2 football; this theoretical team would probably be very competitive in D-1AA as well. If a football player wants to play college football in Wisconsin, D-3 is essentially the only route if you aren't player for the Badgers. In addition, the Wisconsin higher education system is pretty affordable for in-state students, making a D-3 school near home as or more appealing than being a partial schollie player at a D-2 or (sometimes at a) D-1AA school.

Comment

I was with 8 of my fellow ex-jacks this weekend and the UWL game inevitably came up. Excuses were not made as no one was obviously happy with the way the season started for the Jacks. However, as a Wisconsin native I can tell you there are many DII (and occasionally a 1AA) level athletes on the DIII teams in WI. Remember that if you want to play college football in the state of WI you have 2 options. The big time with the Badgers or DIII. There are no DII football schools in this state. Obviously there will be a large number of players who decide not to pursue a career at St. Cloud or Minn St. and decide to stay home instead. Not an excuse for losing to them, but a little bit of info regarding the intramural squad from UWL.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
              I was with 8 of my fellow ex-jacks this weekend and the UWL game inevitably came up.  Excuses were not made as no one was obviously happy with the way the season started for the Jacks.  However, as a Wisconsin native I can tell you there are many DII (and occasionally a 1AA) level athletes on the DIII teams in WI.  Remember that if you want to play college football in the state of WI you have 2 options.  The big time with the Badgers or DIII.  There are no DII football schools in this state.  Obviously there will be a large number of players who decide not to pursue a career at St. Cloud or Minn St. and decide to stay home instead.  Not an excuse for losing to them, but a little bit of info regarding the intramural squad from UWL.  
              I've relayed this info before but think it merits attention again. There is no excuse for SDSU to lose to UW-L, period. That said, my neighbor played for Steven's Pointe and he will tell you that there are plenty of DIAA and DII scholarship earning quality players playing at DIII intra-state Wisconsin schools.

Ed Meiekort will confirm that and its just for the reasons outlined by MJA. You want to play FB, hunt deer, drink beer, eat cheese and see the Packers game every weekend you either make the Badger squad or you turn down a scholarship out-of-state and play DIII football. So, smack aside, they are no intramural squad.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Aren't there ways around the scholarship issue for D-III athletes that don't wash at D-I or D-II schools? Isn't acceptable for them to hold a job in season and that kind of thing?

It's been said to me many times that just because they aren't a scholarship program doesn't mean that they aren't getting money to go to school.

Inquiring minds......

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Figured that I should revive this post by asking our friends from Omaha what happened to all of the posters on the UNO message board. UNO won the battle for Mav supremacy in the NCC yesterday and they have had a whopping ONE post about their win. The excitement over the UNO-MSU game at D2Football.com was pretty overwhelming with five posts about the game. Heck, the NSIC games received more attention on the message boards than the UNO game!!!

The new administration at UNO will have a lot of work to do in order to get their fans excited........

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    Figured that I should revive this post by asking our friends from Omaha what happened to all of the posters on the UNO message board. UNO won the battle for Mav supremacy in the NCC yesterday and they have had a whopping ONE post about their win. The excitement over the UNO-MSU game at D2Football.com was pretty overwhelming with five posts about the game. Heck, the NSIC games received more attention on the message boards than the UNO game!!!

The new administration at UNO will have a lot of work to do in order to get their fans excited........
                    It's hard for them to get excited about a football game when their whole athletic program is collapsing around them as it is at uno(dII). They have a lot things to fix down there. That's why some of their fans frequently come to our board, to get a breath of fresh air around a program that is doing it right. Secretly they admire and identify with SDSU. Can you blame them?

Comment

I would like to congratulate the Mav Twins for the 21-20 Mav victory on Saturday over the Fighting Ralphs of UND. You and UND might end up making USD staying home at playoff time......again.

Your fans, however, don't seem very enthusiastic because there has been only ONE post about the outcome of the game on your message board. You guys drew over 7800 to your game and no one wants to talk about the game?? Was most of your crowd UND fans or was there some other promotion that drew in the fans?? I don't think the future of the UNO atheltic program is very bright........

Comment

Was most of your crowd UND fans ...??
                        Most likely.

A sports talk radio show in Omaha couldn't give away tickets Friday afternoon. They ran a contest where if you called in with the right answer to a question, you could choose between a pair of movie passes or a pair of tickets to the uno-und game. Not one single winner chose the football tix. Finally, the guys on the radio said, anyone who can get to the station by 5:30 can have the fb tix. I suspect the station still has plenty of tix.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The Mav Twins ought to be proud of their football team for obtaining the #1 spot in the regional rankings. The Mav board, however, has only seen three posts about their team and its postseason chances. Plus, their board is still at only 71 members. Even the pitiful USD board has more members and posts. Mavs Rule and Mavpower, where are all the UNO fans??

P.S. Any updates on the UNO move to the MIAA? The USD task force wants to know if there is still going to be a NCC in 2008.

Comment

The Mav Twins ought to be proud of their football team for obtaining the #1 spot in the regional rankings. The Mav board, however, has only seen three posts about their team and its postseason chances. Plus, their board is still at only 71 members. Even the pitiful USD board has more members and posts. Mavs Rule and Mavpower, where are all the UNO fans??

P.S. Any updates on the UNO move to the MIAA? The USD task force wants to know if there is still going to be a NCC in 2008.

They really don't care about football down at uno(dII). The wheels have come off their program. It is still moving due to inertia but it will soon crash and they know it. They are counting down to disaster.

They really don't have 71 fans. The mav twins had a contest to see which one could sign up the most times. mavs fool won 36 to 35.

There is some talk that they will be joining morningside in the naia.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                            X