Hey USD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey USD!

I don't have as much to say in response as usual but any argument to what USD did in the past 15 years against SDSU vs what they would have done or might have done in the last 2 years is kind of irrelevant. The last time USD had a competant coach was Triplett when he nearly won a national title. Meierkort is the first good coach that USD has had in the past two decades. Creehan was doing ok but he left almost as soon as he got things going. SDSU beat USD for the most part during that span but everyone else in the NCC did as well. The Coyotes just haven't been that good and it has primarily been because of coaching so it's tough to say what SDSU has always done would spill over into what they would do now. USD has never lost a home game under Meierkort, NEVER. You can say what you want about scheduling but it's not like they were playing cupcakes during all those games. Those were teams that USD beat that have beaten USD something like 9 out of the last 10 years. Meaning UNO and UND. USD has not only just closed the gap but are right up on the top with those teams. Doesn't it speak any volumes at all that UND won at UNI and was lucky that they didn't get beat in the Dakotadome by 30 at the end of 2005. USD dominated the game for the most part.

I wouldn't be so sure that SDSU would have a speed advantage in Vermillion. USD is fast on offense and defense. Their defense held Central Arkansas down for the most part. It was the Coyote offense that continually gave away the rock that was the reason for most of the Bears points. The Coyote offense has since gotten on track.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

So we can't compare what happened w/ Central Arkansas but you can compare your win over UND and their win over UNI?

The last time you played us Stefan Logan fumbled something like 3 or 4 times in the game. Turnovers are part of the game. They cause teams to lose. Ask us about our first games of the year. We will agree. But this isn't hockey, you don't get partial points when you lose, you just get an L.

I absolutely appreciate your love for your team. I just don't understand why you are looking for approval here.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
        I don't have as much to say in response as usual but any argument to what USD did in the past 15 years against SDSU vs what they would have done or might have done in the last 2 years is kind of irrelevant.  The last time USD had a competant coach was Triplett when he nearly won a national title.  Meierkort is the first good coach that USD has had in the past two decades. Creehan was doing ok but he left almost as soon as he got things going.  SDSU beat USD for the most part during that span but everyone else in the NCC did as well.  The Coyotes just haven't been that good and it has primarily been because of coaching so it's tough to say what SDSU has always done would spill over into what they would do now.  USD has never lost a home game under Meierkort, NEVER.  You can say what you want about scheduling but it's not like they were playing cupcakes during all those games.  Those were teams that USD beat that have beaten USD something like 9 out of the last 10 years.  Meaning UNO and UND.  USD has not only just closed the gap but are right up on the top with those teams.  Doesn't it speak any volumes at all that UND won at UNI and was lucky that they didn't get beat in the Dakotadome by 30 at the end of 2005.  USD dominated the game for the most part.

I wouldn't be so sure that SDSU would have a speed advantage in Vermillion.  USD is fast on offense and defense.  Their defense held Central Arkansas down for the most part.  It was the Coyote offense that continually gave away the rock that was the reason for most of the Bears points.  The Coyote offense has since gotten on track.
        Let's see if I understand correctly what you are saying:

1.  All the usdII teams and coaches in the history of the program have pretty much sucked?

2.  Only in the last two years have usdII teams been respectable?

3.  When they lose they are just "off track" but when they win they are back "on track?"

I don't believe you are a usdII fan at all.  I think you just like debating. You are on the debate team aren't you?  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Mankato 44, USD(d-2) 39

Who would have thought SDSU would be undefeated in conference play after today while USD's playoff hopes are hanging by a thread with UNO and UND left on the docket?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
            Mankato 44, USD(d-2) 39

Who would have thought SDSU would be undefeated in conference play after today while USD's playoff hopes are hanging by a thread with UNO and UND left on the docket?

Ouch, thats gotta hurt.  Of course if the game was played in vermintown we all know who would have won.   :  Somebody needs to tell the usd admin. to stop scheduling road games. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
              [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1160276853/90#93 date=1162078757]Mankato 44, USD(d-2) 39

Ouch, thats gotta hurt.  Of course if the game was played in vermintown we all know who would have won.   :  Somebody needs to tell the usd admin. to stop scheduling road games. ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Their in trouble. When they go D1 and find out the conferences are not knocking at the door, they might have trouble winning more than a game or two each season.

Comment

For those of you that don't know, Mankato, down by 1, was attempting a fairly long field goal with little time left on the clock. USD blocked it and an MSU player caught it and ran it in to win the game.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
                  For those of you that don't know, Mankato, down by 1, was attempting a fairly long field goal with little time left on the clock. USD blocked it and an MSU player caught it and ran it in to win the game.
                  Ouch! The frat boys are crying in Vermin tonight!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                    [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1160276853/90#90 date=1162004734]I don't have as much to say in response as usual but any argument to what USD did in the past 15 years against SDSU vs what they would have done or might have done in the last 2 years is kind of irrelevant.  The last time USD had a competant coach was Triplett when he nearly won a national title.  Meierkort is the first good coach that USD has had in the past two decades. Creehan was doing ok but he left almost as soon as he got things going.  SDSU beat USD for the most part during that span but everyone else in the NCC did as well.  The Coyotes just haven't been that good and it has primarily been because of coaching so it's tough to say what SDSU has always done would spill over into what they would do now.  USD has never lost a home game under Meierkort, NEVER.  You can say what you want about scheduling but it's not like they were playing cupcakes during all those games.  Those were teams that USD beat that have beaten USD something like 9 out of the last 10 years.  Meaning UNO and UND.  USD has not only just closed the gap but are right up on the top with those teams.  Doesn't it speak any volumes at all that UND won at UNI and was lucky that they didn't get beat in the Dakotadome by 30 at the end of 2005.  USD dominated the game for the most part.

I wouldn't be so sure that SDSU would have a speed advantage in Vermillion.  USD is fast on offense and defense.  Their defense held Central Arkansas down for the most part.  It was the Coyote offense that continually gave away the rock that was the reason for most of the Bears points.  The Coyote offense has since gotten on track.
                    Let's see if I understand correctly what you are saying:

1.  All the usdII teams and coaches in the history of the program have pretty much sucked?

2.  Only in the last two years have usdII teams been respectable?

3. When they lose they are just "off track" but when they win they are back "on track?"

I don't believe you are a usdII fan at all.  I think you just like debating. You are on the debate team aren't you?  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

[/quote]

usdII

oops!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

• Re: Hey USD!

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                      [quote author=SiouxFallsJack link=1160276853/90#94 date=1162079183][quote author=NightHawk78 link=1160276853/90#93 date=1162078757]Mankato 44, USD(d-2) 39

Ouch, thats gotta hurt.  Of course if the game was played in vermintown we all know who would have won.   :  Somebody needs to tell the usd admin. to stop scheduling road games. ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Their in trouble. When they go D1 and find out the conferences are not knocking at the door, they might have trouble winning more than a game or two each season.[/quote]

The Yote's playoff chances are in trouble but they are still there.  I don't think they'll struggle much more than we did in our first couple of years.  They have a good young QB to build around.  They will lose Logan which will hurt a lot more than anything else.  I would see them winning 4 -6 games yearly during their first transition years.  Remember, they're going to be scheduling the Williams Penns, Valpo's and Upper Iowa's to even fill a schedule for a few years (much like we've had to do).

Comment

Rabbit in Vermillion,

You are one of the only posters here that is not totally biased against USD. At least you are able to bring up the strong points about the Coyotes. I can't respect people that will consistantly rip on a good team such as USD. They are now a proven program. SDSU has done an outstanding job in the past few weeks. They have shown much improvement this year. I have no problem giving credit the Jacks as much as it pains to do so if they deserve it and they do right now.

USD also deserves respect because they have proven it on the field. If SDSU fans are going to automatically assume that USD is going to fail at the D1AA level in football they are not keeping an open mind. They might fail but they also might succeed. USD as a program right now is above where SDSU was when they began their transition. SDSU is beginning to find success so in three years USD may very well be doing just as well as SDSU is now.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Respect must be EARNED, grasshopper-puppy fan!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Rabbit in Vermillion,

You are one of the only posters here that is not totally biased against USD.  At least you are able to bring up the strong points about the Coyotes.  I can't respect people that will consistantly rip on a good team such as USD.  They are now a proven program.  SDSU has done an outstanding job in the past few weeks.  They have shown much improvement this year.  I have no problem giving credit the Jacks as much as it pains to do so if they deserve it and they do right now.  

USD also deserves respect because they have proven it on the field.  If SDSU fans are going to automatically assume that USD is going to fail at the D1AA level in football they are not keeping an open mind.  They might fail but they also might succeed.  USD as a program right now is above where SDSU was when they began their transition.  SDSU is beginning to find success so in three years USD may very well be doing just as well as SDSU is now.    
                            IMO usd2 is not above where SDSU was when they began their transition. usd2 is in the watered down NCC and has been playing the Upper Iowa and Minnesota-Crookston cupcakes. Had SDSU, NDSU, and UNC remained usd2 may not have even had a 500 record.

Comment

Rabbit in Vermillion,

You are one of the only posters here that is not totally biased against USD.  At least you are able to bring up the strong points about the Coyotes.  I can't respect people that will consistantly rip on a good team such as USD.  They are now a proven program.  SDSU has done an outstanding job in the past few weeks.  They have shown much improvement this year.  I have no problem giving credit the Jacks as much as it pains to do so if they deserve it and they do right now.  

USD also deserves respect because they have proven it on the field.  If SDSU fans are going to automatically assume that USD is going to fail at the D1AA level in football they are not keeping an open mind.  They might fail but they also might succeed.  USD as a program right now is above where SDSU was when they began their transition.  SDSU is beginning to find success so in three years USD may very well be doing just as well as SDSU is now.    

Tear.  Do you two want to go have a latte together?    Just kidding boys.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                                [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1160276853/90#100 date=1162430668]Rabbit in Vermillion,

Tear.  Do you two want to go have a latte together?    Just kidding boys.[/quote]

Hey smart a$$, I'd prefer a French Vanillia Capichino You buying? By the way, I could use some help this weekend digging a hole to put in an egress window. You gotta strong back don't ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X