Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey USD!

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1007...07060026.shtml

The coach (UCA Coach Conque) said, from video analysis, that the Jackrabbits' offensive line may be better than South Dakota's, which gave UCA a lot of problems last week. "Their running backs are different because they are bigger and more physical," he said. "They are pretty efficient in the passing game and defensively, they play extremely hard."

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
      http://www.thecabin.net/stories/100706/spo_1007060026.shtml

The coach (UCA Coach Conque) said, from video analysis, that the Jackrabbits' offensive line may be better than South Dakota's, which gave UCA a lot of problems last week. "Their running backs are different because they are bigger and more physical," he said. "They are pretty efficient in the passing game and defensively, they play extremely hard."
      I think we can defer to the UCA coach as being a relatively unbiased observer.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It's fun to read Coyote Fan's posts on the USD board and again duplicated on D2Football.com. Coyote Fan had a litany of problems in the USD football program and it appears the offense is in bad shape. Stephan Logan is a good running back, but I would love to see how our D line would handle Noah Shepard and Logan. After Saturday night, it would be very interesting.

I dont think we will be seeing any more comps between D2 and D1AA from Coyote Fan.

Comment

I said before the UCA USD game that the comparison was not quite 100% fair because USD had to make a long trip to UCA and play them on their home field. UCA had to make a long trip and play SDSU on their field. As much as many of you would like to disagree there is quite a big difference there as far as intangibles. If you look at the stats USD's offense put up about as many yards on UCA as the Jacks did and they gave up about the same as well. Of course since all those yellow and blue glasses are on it wouldn't make a bit of a difference to many of you. I can't come here and write objectively because many of you will shape your thoughts to always make the Jacks look superior. Just because things are getting better now for SDSU doesn't mean they were always that way or will continue that way. The Lacrosse game is still not very far in your rear view mirror and before you go spouting off about things don't forget that your team was not looking so great not that long ago.

The problem with many of you is that you never give any credit to anyone aside from yourselves. It has been a pattern with most of your fans. You are so wrapped up into everything Jacks that you don't think objectively. It started as far back as the last couple of times USD and SDSU got together in hoops. Most of you thought it was so much of a fluke that USD won in Vermillion that year that you were sure it would be different on a neutral court. While it wasn't. That kind of sentiment is exactly why I can't believe anyone that only spews out pro Jacks everything. It's actually kind of lame.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            [quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1160276853/15#15 date=1160424563]http://www.thecabin.net/stories/100706/spo_1007060026.shtml

I think we can defer to the UCA coach as being a relatively unbiased observer.[/quote]

The UCA coach made these comments prior to playing SDSU, just in case there's some confusion on that point.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
              The problem with many of you is that you never give any credit to anyone aside from yourselves.   It has been a pattern with most of your fans.  You are so wrapped up into everything Jacks that you don't think objectively.  It started as far back as the last couple of times USD and SDSU got together in hoops.  Most of you thought it was so much of a fluke that USD won in Vermillion that year that you were sure it would be different on a neutral court.  While it wasn't.  That kind of sentiment is exactly why I can't believe anyone that only spews out pro Jacks everything.  It's actually kind of lame.    

If one were to substitute Coyotes for Jacks in that last paragraph you'd be on to something as well.

Problem is you can't come on any (former) rival's chat board and spout off and not expect homerism.  Same thing that you're getting would happen to any Jacks fan over on the Yote board if they cared to post with any regularity.  We see the world thru yellow and blue glasses just like 99.9% of Yote fans see the world thru red and white glasses.  It's just the way the world is. Don't complain about it because no one cares what you think on the matter.

The fact that USD traveled to UCA and got beat, and UCA traveled to SDSU and got beat means nothing to any of us.  We won, the U lost, that's all that matters. If the roles were reversed and the U had won at home and SDSU had lost on the road the particulars of how the result came about wouldn't matter either.  Go concentrate on the rough and tumble NCC and we'll keep our noses in our business and you won't have to worry about our being homers ever again.

Oh, and since I don't spew pro Jacks everything then I guess you should believe what I'm saying.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

So our trips out to Nicholas State and McNeese dont count in your way of thinking?  :-/ Get on board and play our schedule then start comparing.  Until then...dont try to justify the difference.

Lame...wow...now thats calling the kettle black.

P.S.

Are you related to the Mavbots?  Maybe you are one of them in disguise? 8-)

Comment

Quote:

USD's own Coach Meirkort(sp) also was quoted on Kelo-TV Sportszone Friday night as saying that he thought SDSU would beat UCA with relative ease. At least there is one in Verminion that has some sense.

Comment

I said before the UCA USD game that the comparison was not quite 100% fair because USD had to make a long trip to UCA and play them on their home field.  UCA had to make a long trip and play SDSU on their field.  As much as many of you would like to disagree there is quite a big difference there as far as intangibles.  If you look at the stats USD's offense put up about as many yards on UCA as the Jacks did and they gave up about the same as well.  Of course since all those yellow and blue glasses are on it wouldn't make a bit of a difference to many of you.  I can't come here and write objectively because many of you will shape your thoughts to always make the Jacks look superior.  Just because things are getting better now for SDSU doesn't mean they were always that way or will continue that way.  The Lacrosse game is still not very far in your rear view mirror and before you go spouting off about things don't forget that your team was not looking so great not that long ago.  

The problem with many of you is that you never give any credit to anyone aside from yourselves.   It has been a pattern with most of your fans.  You are so wrapped up into everything Jacks that you don't think objectively.  It started as far back as the last couple of times USD and SDSU got together in hoops.  Most of you thought it was so much of a fluke that USD won in Vermillion that year that you were sure it would be different on a neutral court.  While it wasn't.  That kind of sentiment is exactly why I can't believe anyone that only spews out pro Jacks everything.  It's actually kind of lame.    
                    that lacrosse game is miles behind us now. it cant even be seen in our rearview mirror. thats the sign of a good team, putting games like that behind you. probably like uni did with und, then went out and almost beat iowa st, colorado losing to montana st but almost knocking off georgia. its funny after that first game, yote fans were going wild with the notion that you would kick the jacks butt. things sure change in a few weeks and we were on those long road trips like you were when you got kicked by uca.

Comment

I said before the UCA USD game that the comparison was not quite 100% fair because USD had to make a long trip to UCA and play them on their home field.  UCA had to make a long trip and play SDSU on their field.  As much as many of you would like to disagree there is quite a big difference there as far as intangibles.  If you look at the stats USD's offense put up about as many yards on UCA as the Jacks did and they gave up about the same as well.  Of course since all those yellow and blue glasses are on it wouldn't make a bit of a difference to many of you.  I can't come here and write objectively because many of you will shape your thoughts to always make the Jacks look superior.  Just because things are getting better now for SDSU doesn't mean they were always that way or will continue that way.  The Lacrosse game is still not very far in your rear view mirror and before you go spouting off about things don't forget that your team was not looking so great not that long ago.  

That is written like a true lawyer from USD! You are talking about us being consumed with "everything Jacks"? What exactly would you have us talk about on the sdsufans.com website? That might be the silliest thing I have ever heard!

You are writing this on an SDSU message board and I think everyone hear appreciates new perspectives when they are brought forward but that post was absolute dribble!

As far as a pattern with our fans, I might suggest that you start looking at things without having your scarlet colored glasses on!

IT'S POSTS LIKE THESE THAT MAKE ME WANT TO GET ONE MORE SHOT AT THE COYOTES!!!

Sorry for the rant Jacks fans! Go back to your little message board in your little world Coyote_Fan!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Brian Kimmes has an excellent article in the collegian talking about SDSU vs USD.
                        http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...epublisher.com

Comment

Kimmes also has a good story on the UCA game in the same Collegian.

(Stu Whitney and the Argus may wish to note and emulate Kimmes' reporting technique of actually including quotes from some of the game's participants in the story.)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As a 5th year senior, Kimmes is already light years ahead of Stu Whitless as far as reporting sports..

Comment

I don't know what is funnier, watching SDSU fans compare scores to see who would win between USD and SDSU, after many of you in the past have said that you can't compare scores to see who is better, or the fact that you are comparing scores from a home game of yours and a road game of USD's. I don't mind comparing scores, but I at least think it has to be an accurate comparison. Had Central Arkansas beat USD in the Dome then I would be darn impressed. USD is obviously a much better home team. There is no way USD would lose to a DIII team at home.
                              As long as we are comparing scores and things of that nature, I have a few things I would like to point out. Central Washington is 1-3 vs. the NCC and 1-0 vs. the Big Sky (you know, the conference that SDSU wanted to get into.) I guess you could make a good argument that the NCC is better than the Big Sky. I bet Central Washington wishes they were in the Big Sky right now. Apparantly they have a much easier time winning in the Big Sky than they do in the NCC.
                              UND went down to Northern Iowa and showed them who is boss, the same Northern Iowa team that took it to SDSU. However, UND found things to be a little tougher when they tried to visit UNO this weekend. Dale Lennon said that UNO is the best team they played this year, and that includes Northern Iowa. By comparing scores it appears that UNO is clearly better than SDSU. With that being the case, I'm intrested to see how the UNO v. USD game goes. I'm sure UNO will be looking for revenge after USD beat them by over 50 points last year.

Comment

Juice...your first post and your going to spout off.  Yes DIV III WLC got us on our home turf that looked like a feedlot by game time...games done, and long past, no excuse. The Jacks made 4 road trips in a row against all top 25 Div IAA teams and came home with a 2-2 record.  They are a much different team than the one that overlooked WLC.  Don't blow this at home or on the road crap towards us.  

As far as the little sky conference...maybe at one time we showed interest but they are kind of like the "U"...nobody has a clue or knows who is in charge. We are a member of the GREAT WEST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE, the # 1 conference in IAA ball. Facts are Facts...when the "U" wants to step-up and play the Jacks schedule every Saturday to prove their worth that is when I will start listenning to people like you that just don't get it.  If you would read back a little you would also see that UCA coach said State was a better team than USD.   BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, who cares.

Got to like your moniker (Go Rabbits), yet you write as if your a doggy from that outhouse down south.

When USD finally makes a decision and if they decide to move up (lets hope they find the money for all their dreams and ambitions[see below]), maybe then we will be able to get a accurate comparison. Until then who really cares about the "U" except people like you that defend them on a JACKRABBIT FAN SITE!  You dont see anyone on this board running over to the Yote site and talking smack. Why, because the majority of the people on this board could care less about the "U" .

All anybody down south could do was complain when SDSU made the move up because they saw where Div II was heading. Yet, USD didnt think anything was wrong and now you are sweating it because exactly what UNC, NDSU and SDSU saw is happening

When is USD going to be a leader instead of a follower?  

USD's ambitions; Princton on the prairie, new campus infastructure, buildings, etc..., meeting Title IX guidelines with out dropping more sports and begging for more money from the state to help build facilities. Scholarships, travel, conference affiliation etc...should I really go on here?  

DEN OUT

Comment

Working...
                                X