Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

Originally posted by juice
    You are right about this.  If I could only choose one of the teams to make the playoffs it would have been last years team.  They were much better.  I think getting screwed last year helped us get in this year.  Road wins are still tough to come by for this team.  It would have been really nice to hold on to the #3 or #4 spot so we could host a game.  I'm not saying we deserved it, I'm just saying it would have been nice.  It's very exciting to be back in the playoffs again, hopefully it won't be one and done. It will be unless we figure out how to play better on the road.
    I was glad to hear that 3 NCC schools were invited. The loss to MSU and then MSU's loss to W. Wash almost cost USD (I think). The big win over UNO (the highest ranked team from the conference) probably sealed the deal. I guess we will see if USD can reverse their struggles on the road or if it will be 1 and done. UNO is very lucky to get a bye and a home game. Their 2 losses were blowouts to say the least. Good luck to the coyotes.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It looks to me like USD was a win in GF away from getting a bye/#1 or #2 seed. After a blowout loss to USD I am very surprised that UNO was seeded ahead of UND. Did UNO beat UND this year? Where did they play?
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

UNO getting the number 2 seed is a joke. They get blown out by USD and UND/USD play a great game on the last week of the season, yet somehow UNO is a higher seed than either squad? The regional ranking system is being run by people who firmly have their heads in the sand or up some other place. I am far from a USD supporter (very far), but last year's team was one of the best in the country and deserved to show it. UNO does not deserve a bye and defintely does not deserve to be ahead of UND who won AT UNI this season. They definitely don't deserve to be ahead of USD when USD destroyed them (I watched the game on the 'puter) for a second year in a row. Just stupid. I'm frustrated and I have no rooting interest aside from common sense. And, common sense is completely devoid of the equation in the regional rankings. Always have been. Even in the watered down NCC, the NCC is heads and tails above the other conference in the region.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

As this thread seems to have (surprisingly?) developed a distinctly non-smacky, even-tempered discussion in the last couple of posts. . .

A reminder that reasonable (i.e. non-smack) discussions of USD, D-II playoffs, NCC, etc. (maybe even UNO?) are OK on the College Athletics forum here.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

oh yeah, sorry filbert.

USD sucks, UNO sucks worse. Add that to what I said above. Good?
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
              oh yeah, sorry filbert.

USD sucks, UNO sucks worse.  Add that to what I said above.  Good?  
              I disagree, they both suck equally and it contributes to the north wind we have to suffer through in Brookings. Unfortunately, I don't see either of them stopping sucking anytime soon, as will be demonstrated by at least one of them this weekend.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1163283445/15#19 date=1163447572]oh yeah, sorry filbert.

USD sucks, UNO sucks worse. Add that to what I said above. Good?
                I disagree, they both suck equally and it contributes to the north wind we have to suffer through in Brookings. Unfortunately, I don't see either of them stopping sucking anytime soon, as will be demonstrated by at least one of them this weekend.[/quote]

Thanks, guys, you had me worried for a while . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe the smack isn't as evident because "Screw the U and UNO too" just isn't as catchy as "Screw the U and Augie too!"

The D-2 playoff selection process is as big of a joke as the officiating in the (soon-to-be-defunct) NCC. Would that qualify as adequate smack for this section?

I wonder when the USD(d-2) bus is leaving for Michigan.......it's a pretty long bus ride.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    Maybe the smack isn't as evident because "Screw the U and UNO too" just isn't as catchy as "Screw the U and Augie too!"

The D-2 playoff selection process is as big of a joke as the officiating in the (soon-to-be-defunct) NCC. Would that qualify as adequate smack for this section?

I wonder when the USD(d-2) bus is leaving for Michigan.......it's a pretty long bus ride.

It's sort of like a cat with a ball of string. Its cool to bat around for a while but sooner or later the cat realizes its just a ball of string and can smack it anytime so it moves on to bigger and better things

For simplification for some visitors SDSU = Cat, D-II= string
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I posted this over on the Coyotes board.  Click on the second link below and you can see pictures of the Coyote opponents stadium all decked out in snow.  While the temp on Saturday should be in the mid 40's, both rain and snow are possible.  It will be a lot different than the Dakota Dome.  We'll see how versatile the Coyotes really are.  If they can go on the road in adverse conditions it will definitely show that they deserve to be in the playoffs.  I add my best wishes for the Coyotes in these playoffs.

I was not familiar with Northwood so I did a little internet surfing. Here is their site.

http://www.northwood.edu/mi/athletic...mens/football/

Here is their stadium site.

http://www.d2football.com/stadiums/northwood/t22/

I tried to find a fan forum for them but was unable to locate one. If they have one I hope that someone else can find it and direct South Dakota fans to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78

Even if the mutts do beat Northwood, it will another long bus ride the Grand valley State.

Comment

usdII....STILL ALIVE!

LOOKS A LITTLE FRAZZLED THOUGH....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                          X