Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We are in the playoffs...are you??

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1163360677/15#28 date=1163564453]Congratulations to the UNO message board on receiving its 75th member!!
    the 75th joined to add his 2 cents about how they can't believe they received a number 2 seed in the playoffs.
    [/quote]

If they were the UNO Redskins they would have been a 4 seed or higher and USD might have been the 2 seed. Think about that.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1163360677/15#29 date=1163612637][quote author=NightHawk78 link=1163360677/15#28 date=1163564453]Congratulations to the UNO message board on receiving its 75th member!!
      the 75th joined to add his 2 cents about how they can't believe they received a number 2 seed in the playoffs.
      [/quote]

If they were the UNO Redskins they would have been a 4 seed or higher and USD might have been the 2 seed.  Think about that.[/quote]

We used to be the Indians.

http://www.unoalumni.org/about_us/fl...k/archive/131/

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
        Congratulations to the UNO message board on receiving its 75th member!!

That is the 75th member of the UNO football board which just started not long ago. You forgot about www.mavpuck.com which has 450 members. That is not far behind the little South Dakota land grant school who is suffering from short mans disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
          I thought you might have been but I was just too lazy to look it up. Think were USD might be if you were still the Indians?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
            You forgot about www.mavpuck.com which has 450 members.
            WOW!! 450 for a D-I program in its 10th year in a metro area with more than a million potential fans. No wonder you are, and always will be, behind SDSU.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

730 to 441 is more of a gap that you wish to realize, Mavs Rule. Besides, no more people talk about non-hockey UNO sports there than they do on the football board. Essentially both boards are full of cyber-tumbleweeds blowing by when it comes to UNO athletics outside of hockey.........

Hey, how's that MIAA app going? Rumor has it that the MIAA isn't as much of a slam dunk as MavBots thought it would be.........

Comment

Were you guys and UNO big rivals in D2? I thought it was all USD.

Comment

UNO just wants us to give them attention kinda like UND and USD. Big boys don't pay much attention to the little kids. We might sign a few autographs for them though

Comment

bluehatman hit it on the head. No one in Omaha cares about UNO so they really couldn't have a rivalry......the Mavbots had to try to get attention in some form after we went D-1 and the NCC started falling apart......

Comment

USD won in OT against Northwood.... 31-28...boo :P

But congrats on the first playoff victory since '86

Comment

I'd much rather see a SD school do well in the playoffs than a Mich school or a Neb school. Congrats to the Yotes. Traveling that far via bus and winning is impressive. Next week is the real test. Longer bus ride and better team.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Traveling that far via bus and winning is impressive.  Next week is the real test.  Longer bus ride and better team.

They flew for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by StormnNorman
                            [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1163360677/30#40 date=1163884136]Traveling that far via bus and winning is impressive.  Next week is the real test.  Longer bus ride and better team.

They flew for this game.[/quote]

then they must be flying again next week?
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'm pretty excited about the win, but I'm a little nervous about next week. It was already going to take a near perfect game, but now USD's top two receivers won't be playing. They were both hurt today. It could be ugly next week. If they have a good passing game it might even get embarrassing. I might be giving Grand Valley too much credit though, but I doubt it.

Comment

[quote author=StormnNorman link=1163360677/30#41 date=1163885155][quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1163360677/30#40 date=1163884136]Traveling that far via bus and winning is impressive.  Next week is the real test.  Longer bus ride and better team.

They flew for this game.[/quote]

then they must be flying again next week?
                                [/quote]

I'm hoping that they do. That's just too long of a bus drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X