Hey SDSU Students.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey SDSU Students.

Student Apathy isn't affecting just SDSU.  http://apps.dailysundial.com/images/feb15pdf.pdf Go to page 8
    When I was younger, I had an unrelenting fascination with the ideas perpetuated by popular culture and entertainment about college life. I grew out of that when faced with the initial reality of attending college in the same city where I grew up. I figured that when I went away to school, to what could presumably be called a “real” college environment, this would change.
    I didn’t anticipate a campus such as CSUN . I almost feel stupid for complaining that it doesn’t live up to the ideal college experience that we’re all told to expect – until I start to realize that at some college campuses people are actually into connecting with their peers and other members of the university community, where the school isn’t defined by a perpetual state of not giving a damn.
    There’s no doubt in my mind that a majority of readers are by now giving that tired “but we’re a commuter school” excuse for not being involved or not being passionate about something, anything that relates to either CSUN or, say, current events in general. That is not an excuse to be lacking in spirit or interest in events that are happening on campus. The plain truth seems to be that
    some people on campus are lazy, unwilling or both.
    I am not saying being involved means you have to go to every Red Rally or sporting event decked out in red because you feel you have to be. There are so many ways to contribute to CSUN and its community, but nearly everyone acts like they can’t be bothered.
    Have the students become comfortable with doning the minimum amount of stuff required and then stop functioning after that. It's a sad sight to see, that we, the future leaders of this country, don't give a crap about school or anything else important.

Comment

The only answer is obviously to bring back the Green Beanies . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        The only answer is obviously to bring back the Green Beanies . . .
        Did you have to wear one of those, filbert?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          [quote author=filbert link=1169835792/45#46 date=1171561983]The only answer is obviously to bring back the Green Beanies . . .
          Did you have to wear one of those, filbert?[/quote]

Yeah, I was supposed to, but as a freshman, I was big enough and hairy enough and looked sufficiently like an upperclassman to avoid being accosted by the Hobo Day Committee and their infamous green marker pens.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1169835792/45#47 date=1171562959][quote author=filbert link=1169835792/45#46 date=1171561983]The only answer is obviously to bring back the Green Beanies . . .

Yeah, I was supposed to, but as a freshman, I was big enough and hairy enough and looked sufficiently like an upperclassman to avoid being accosted by the Hobo Day Committee and their infamous green marker pens.[/quote]

Interesting.....I suppose we could always try bunny ears instead of the beanies.....but, bringing back the beanies would be considered hazing today.......... :-X :-X :-X

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
              [quote author=filbert link=1169835792/45#48 date=1171563817][quote author=NightHawk78 link=1169835792/45#47 date=1171562959][quote author=filbert link=1169835792/45#46 date=1171561983]The only answer is obviously to bring back the Green Beanies . . .

Yeah, I was supposed to, but as a freshman, I was big enough and hairy enough and looked sufficiently like an upperclassman to avoid being accosted by the Hobo Day Committee and their infamous green marker pens.[/quote]

Interesting.....I suppose we could always try bunny ears instead of the beanies.....but, bringing back the beanies would be considered hazing today.......... :-X :-X :-X[/quote]

Yeah, that's why they went away in the first place . . . if you wore one, you were a target for roving bands of Hobo Day Committee members who'd ask you questions about SDSU--if you didn't answer, they put a green V on your cheeks with the markers.

Ah, the olden days, when violating another's physical space was "good, clean fun." :

Now, maybe if you changed it around and gave points to freshmen who could answer the questions--that could be redeemed for neat stuff--the, er, carrot rather than the stick, as it were.

And we all know how much Rabbits like carrots . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sometimes it is hard to want to get into my car and drive the hour (I drive slow) to Brookings from Sioux Falls
                when we have such a disappointing men's bb team. Sometimes I wonder if the boys even care much but I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. I really thought when we went D1 that men's bb would make an easy transition to d1 - this has been anything but easy.
                As far as students go I suspect they are doing the same things that my grandkids do - they aren't out cheering their team or playing pickup games in the rec. gym like we did in my era but rather are studying, playing on their computers or more likely gaming in their dorm room with latest John Madden fb. It is a different world from when I was in college in the 60's. :-[

Comment

Working...
                X